Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jac Morgan to ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 46>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Just as a stat the  wales 23 in the last game  was made up of the following

us 3 starters 2 bench players

blues 2 starters 1 bench player

dragons 0 starters 4 bench players

ospreys 5 starters 0 bench players

not playing in wales 5 starters 1 bench player

Granted that is with an injury hit squad but to show the make of the last 23 , not that is likely to be the next starting 23 by any way

We will clearly supply the most players to the squad as a whole , it would be better for us if the other regions contributed more saves us losing so many players to the welsh squad many of whom don't actually play half the time 

I think we, as Scarlets fans, wouldn't be so scathing about this if our squad players were released more to us. The amount of players over the last few years who have been called up, held the tackle bags so to speak & not released must be quite high.
Sponsored Links

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 12:29pm
I think  Dan Davis is a  quality player and  could be better   than anyone we have at the moment.  He's an out  and out openside. 
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I think  Dan Davis is a  quality player and  could be better   than anyone we have at the moment.  He's an out  and out openside. 
Very true. Dan is an out and out 7. Jac imo us too small for a 6.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 12:37pm
Similar sort of reaction when we let Will Boyde go. Too many back rowers at the moment and there isn’t enough places for all of them. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Similar sort of reaction when we let Will Boyde go. Too many back rowers at the moment and there isn’t enough places for all of them. 

I think there is more outcry this time because of the potential of Jac.

That said, as long as we keep either Jac or Dan I will be happy. It will be a disaster if we lose both.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Spot on Martin! Dan Davis his,an out and out 7 ,the same as Cubby. As I have said previously,Dan and Josh were superb in Racing a couple years back,and only kids at the times .Onwards!! And upwards!! SCARLETS till I die!!!  
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

Lots of noise coming from our noisy neighbours at the moment, is there a player out there they are not interested in signing. They'd be better off focusing on developing their own.

Well they haven't done too badly - Ifan Phillips, Morgan Morris, Reuben Williams, Josh Thomas, Kieran Williams, young Hawkins recently. Add in brought back YOUNG guys like Rhys Davies & Mat Protheroe and they seem to doing a pretty good job of developing their own. Our very own Joe Roberts & Osian Knott haven't been mentioned and Ryan Conbeer, will an outstanding scoring record appears to be being overlooked. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 12:59pm
end of the day if jac morgan wants to go to the ospreys and has family who support them etc. then there is nothing the scarlets can do about it. wish him well and thank him for what he has done. shame as he has a lot of potential.
it does appear we may be trying to thin out the squad and if the season is changing and the structure will be more align to have internationals more of the time then we will not need as big a squad.
we have dan davies and josh at 7, and i am sure there will be more young players coming through the conveyor belt.
think we may have more news on players leaving before the news of recruitment starts coming in.
it is interesting to know where the ospreys are getting the money to recruit and how structurally sound they are, but thats for another topic.

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

end of the day if jac morgan wants to go to the ospreys and has family who support them etc. then there is nothing the scarlets can do about it. wish him well and thank him for what he has done. shame as he has a lot of potential.
it does appear we may be trying to thin out the squad and if the season is changing and the structure will be more align to have internationals more of the time then we will not need as big a squad.
we have dan davies and josh at 7, and i am sure there will be more young players coming through the conveyor belt.
think we may have more news on players leaving before the news of recruitment starts coming in.
it is interesting to know where the ospreys are getting the money to recruit and how structurally sound they are, but thats for another topic.

Dan Davis is an excellent young player; a great prospect. If Jac Morgan is going to the Ospreys, then good luck to him. Dan will do fine for us.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Dan Davis is an excellent young player; a great prospect. If Jac Morgan is going to the Ospreys, then good luck to him. Dan will do fine for us.

Exactly, I think we've forgotten the impact young Dan has had for us. But if we lose both then I will worry.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Exactly, I think we've forgotten the impact young Dan has had for us. But if we lose both then I will worry.

Oh, I'd forgotten about the Dan Davis rumours too. 
Hope he stays..
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 2:24pm
I see the WoL are having a bit of a love in with the Ospreys at the moment with 4 of their main 5 stories on the Rugby homepage being Ospreys central.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 2:29pm
The Western Mule's Mark (Ospreys) Orders knows little else - he's probably growled at if he turns up at any other region.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 2:54pm

Ospreys Orders absolute comedian,now I understand his love fest for Jac Morgan .
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 2:59pm

I see the WoL are having a bit of a love in with the Ospreys at the moment with 4 of their main 5 stories on the Rugby homepage being Ospreys central.
it won't do their season ticket sales any harm.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

it won't do their season ticket sales any harm.

I had alook on there just now.In the comments section of one there are people talking about Conbeer possibly joining Ospreys
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 46>
  Share Topic