Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jac Morgan to ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 35>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 11:29pm
Have they taken a lot of Scarlets players from us? The ones that have gone are for playing time which is bloody natural for a player. 
Sponsored Links

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

The move across the Loughor has not been great for ex Scarlets,  lee Byrne apart. Surely a warning there for Jac. 
who else has gone ? Parry evans and north All doing well but they went via another club. Scott w been hit by injuries have we lost any other first teamers to them? Aled d i suppose but was he ever first choice here?
Rodri Jones, Aled Davies, Scott Williams, the two props from last year, Kristian Phillips there has been a fair few more, its harder to think of those that have been a success then those that have failed to make an impact. However I don’t doubt Jac would be a success there. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 12:01am
Kristian phillips was with ospreys prior to joining us. He was a super star at age group level shame injuries held hi
 Back. 
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 6:40am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Scarletnut will hopefully clarify this rumour
Sorry but they are strong favourites to sign him. Lots of exciting stuff going on behind scenes at Scarlets though

Exciting or not, if they let Jac Morgan join the ospreys then I would demand Murderack and co step down...

The only shining light in pooty year, Delaney needs to go as it is but if they leave our only prospect (besides Carwyn) leave then they need to step down as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't a kneejerk over one player, it proves that we still don't have what it takes behind the scenes, however bad the Ospreys have been could you imagine AWJ or Tips signing for us? Never yet in a couple of years we lose 2 first team players and our best prospect since Foxy to the ospreys.

This should be unheard of.

This is a ridiculous comment. We are in a far better position off the field than the Ospreys believe me. This board has taken our playing budget from £3.5m to £8.1m pre Covid. Scarlets fans should be thankful for the contribution of directors like Nigel Short, Tim Griffiths, Ron Jones and Simon Muderack among others. They lose Jac which is a blow don’t get me wrong but you can’t keep everyone. Sometimes a player just wants to be elsewhere no matter how hard you try and what you have to consider is Welsh rugby operates a banding system so it can at times make it hard to outbid other Welsh clubs. Also why don’t you wait to see who the Scarlets retain and who they sign before passing judgement on if the board have failed you etc. If Jac completes his move to the Ospreys then so be it, it would be an understandable move for him. There’ll come a time when we do similar to them. 

There's got to be something wrong at our club for our best players to leave all the time, we expect 1 breakthrough player every year, last year's went to Exeter this year's to the ospreys.

Just have to look what is being produced on the pitch to see that there's deep rooted problems there, such a shame for a once great club.

Our first team has the same players in there regardless of how badly they play, regardless of whether they are good enough for this level or not. For a team that has produced some great rugby over the years must be sporting the slowest most boring set of backs ever and at a time where we have a pack giving a perfect platform.

Even the few wins we've had this year have been an embarrassment to watch.

Can't express how disappointing this is.
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 6:53am

Sorry but they are strong favourites to sign him. Lots of exciting stuff going on behind scenes at Scarlets though

Exciting or not, if they let Jac Morgan join the ospreys then I would demand Murderack and co step down...

The only shining light in pooty year, Delaney needs to go as it is but if they leave our only prospect (besides Carwyn) leave then they need to step down as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't a kneejerk over one player, it proves that we still don't have what it takes behind the scenes, however bad the Ospreys have been could you imagine AWJ or Tips signing for us? Never yet in a couple of years we lose 2 first team players and our best prospect since Foxy to the ospreys.

This is a ridiculous comment. We are in a far better position off the field than the Ospreys believe me. This board has taken our playing budget from £3.5m to £8.1m pre Covid. Scarlets fans should be thankful for the contribution of directors like Nigel Short, Tim Griffiths, Ron Jones and Simon Muderack among others. They lose Jac which is a blow don’t get me wrong but you can’t keep everyone. Sometimes a player just wants to be elsewhere no matter how hard you try and what you have to consider is Welsh rugby operates a banding system so it can at times make it hard to outbid other Welsh clubs. Also why don’t you wait to see who the Scarlets retain and who they sign before passing judgement on if the board have failed you etc. If Jac completes his move to the Ospreys then so be it, it would be an understandable move for him. There’ll come a time when we do similar to them. 

There's got to be something wrong at our club for our best players to leave all the time, we expect 1 breakthrough player every year, last year's went to Exeter this year's to the ospreys.

Just have to look what is being produced on the pitch to see that there's deep rooted problems there, such a shame for a once great club.

Our first team has the same players in there regardless of how badly they play, regardless of whether they are good enough for this level or not. For a team that has produced some great rugby over the years must be sporting the slowest most boring set of backs ever and at a time where we have a pack giving a perfect platform.

Even the few wins we've had this year have been an embarrassment to watch.

Can't express how disappointing this is.

I don't care if we sign Will Griff or Sheedy or even Dan bloody Carter, the only thing that would get me excited is if they announce that they're putting a roof on pys, if ever there was a ground that needed a roof this is it. It would increase fanbase by an instant 25% I reckon.

Then get Adidas shirts and we'll be cooking.

Edited by henry_winkler - 11 January 2021 at 6:54am
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 7:13am

Really appreciate what your saying there steff but they should be thankful of the contribution scarlets fans make to the region also,how many people took refunds from their season ticket?how many bought season tickets this season knowing that it would be disrupted at beat non existent as a fan at worst only to wake after a night like saturday to the news that one of your most promising players in years is going to a region who not so long ago wanted to merge with us because they were on their arse,as 157 said it doesn't happen the other way unless it's a player who's been injured and a punt,pitman,kristian williams,it's a kick in the teeth.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 7:59am
I fully understand the furore surrounding this badly timed piece of news but belittling the Ospreys and calling for board resignations is way over the top. The Ospreys are a proud region just like we are with their own history and successes so give them a break. We may never know the reasons why Jac has made his decision - but therein lies the key - Jac's decision. He is a professional sportsman who is out of contract and it will be his decision. 

As I have said already I am far more interested in who wants to stay and fight for the shirt than guys who decide to leave and, for me, the best news we can have on the transfer front is on the coaching staff first and foremost. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 8:20am
The Board have been and continue to be brilliant. 

As SN says, we are in far better shape than the others off the pitch.

On pitch stuff must be improved, as we all recognise.

Players come and go. That’s life. Some changes make us smile. Others make us wail and grimace.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 8:25am
I's day the Ospreys are where we were in about 2013.

Just developing an infrastructure and eco system on and off the field, but without some of the assets needed to be totally self sufficient of course.

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I's day the Ospreys are where we were in about 2013.

Just developing an infrastructure and eco system on and off the field, but without some of the assets needed to be totally self sufficient of course.

They do have a good rugby man at the helm - Ruddock which is a big help. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 8:54am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Have they taken a lot of Scarlets players from us? The ones that have gone are for playing time which is bloody natural for a player. 

It's been a 2 way street really...we've had Fonotia, Grabham, Kris Phillips, Alex Jeffries in recent seasons....they have signed Rhodri Jones, Aled Davies, Scott, Gareth Thomas in the same window...there are probably others.

We also leant them props last season, and they leant us Ifan Phillips (hooker) when we were short.

The difference here is that Jac is a prized and highly talented academy player I guess.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:00am
It's funny how this forum changes following a defeat & a bit of bad news. 

I'll admit I spent a fair bit of time chuntering to Mrs FS on Sunday about how it would be a disaster if Jac moves over the bridge, which she found funny as she's on of 'them'. But as the day grew on, I felt less & less bothered, yes he has a huge future in the professional game but if he doesn't want to be here then it's pointless in trying to keep him. It is disappointing that he maybe moving to the Ospreys but let's be honest, he isn't going to go outside of Wales so makes sense for him.

Realistically speaking Cubby is past his best & we have Dan Davis who 12-18 months ago was the next big thing on this forum. I wonder if Dan has signed a new deal here & that's what's prompted Jac's decision. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:05am
Jac Morgan has been one of the best twenty year olds we have had for donkeys years. He would be our starting 7 if fit no doubt. He has had lots of game time with us even been made Captain not a lot more we could do for him. 
If he wants to go then not a lot we can do but the grass definitely not greener on that side of the Loughor, that for sure. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Jac Morgan has been one of the best twenty year olds we have had for donkeys years. He would be our starting 7 if fit no doubt. He has had lots of game time with us even been made Captain not a lot more we could do for him. 
If he wants to go then not a lot we can do but the grass definitely not greener on that side of the Loughor, that for sure. 

I think it might be at the minute.... they've just had their pitch re-laidLOLLOLLOLLOL
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:10am
Any club,anywhere in the world,would be unhappy about losing a player like Jac Morgan.We haven't lost him to a French or English powerhouse,but to another Welsh side at a time when we are better funded.Whatever the reasons for Jac's departure,I hope it leads to some serious reflective discussion by the Board.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Any club,anywhere in the world,would be unhappy about losing a player like Jac Morgan.We haven't lost him to a French or English powerhouse,but to another Welsh side at a time when we are better funded.Whatever the reasons for Jac's departure,I hope it leads to some serious reflective discussion by the Board.

Given he has Welsh aspirations he wouldn't leave for anywhere outside of Wales.

The coaching team have talked him up, given him game time & even the captaincy, what else can be done? Sometimes if a player wants to leave, just like any employee in any walk of life, there is little that can be done.

Do you want the board to set a precedent by offering him a huge contract & thusly encouraging any other young player to expect the same?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 35>
  Share Topic