Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

James Davies new contract

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 11:00am
Love me some Cubster!

Edited by ScarletBear - 01 December 2017 at 11:00am
Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 11:36am
Outstanding news!!!! ClapClapClap
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

I hope him and Mike Phillips are coming out of their shells on this SA tour. Both shy, quiet boys.

Outstanding news this, and well needed after recent weeks.

Presumably, the Chairman and Chief Sneak respectively?  Not sure those games are played any more...dating myself..
They are still played. Get back to the after match of any youth game
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 2:06pm
Wonderful news that the 'working class hero' is staying put... definitely one of my favourite players in the squad, and crucial to the way we play.

Elsewhere, there has been discussion of 'replacing' Barclay... but do we need to (like for like)? If Cubby, Mcleod, Boyde, Shingler and Rawlins stay, we are pretty well stocked for 6-7. Indeed, if we need any sort of back rower, it would be a big, burly 8 - as has been discussed to death on the forum.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Wonderful news that the 'working class hero' is staying put... definitely one of my favourite players in the squad, and crucial to the way we play.

Elsewhere, there has been discussion of 'replacing' Barclay... but do we need to (like for like)? If Cubby, Mcleod, Boyde, Shingler and Rawlins stay, we are pretty well stocked for 6-7. Indeed, if we need any sort of back rower, it would be a big, burly 8 - as has been discussed to death on the forum.

Yes Aber I made the same point while you were away. Pivac is on record as saying we have 3 top class options to replace JB. My huge concern is that do not really need a like for like as we have one JB has taught - Josh Mcloud who can play across the back row. We need an out and out 8.
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 6:44pm
Quality player, just what the Scarlets needed after Williams and Barclay's departure news.
And We Were Singing...
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2017 at 9:26pm
Today’s performance just proves what a player cubby is and how fortunate we are to have him in the squad. He just seemlesly links play between backs and forwards and is great around the breakdown, although he wasn’t at his dominant best there today - maybe keeping himself for next weekend plus he wasn’t allowed to play his usual way at the breakdown by the opposition, who were often going straight off their feet in attack and defence at the breakdown and were allowed to do so by a very poor referee.
Really looking forward to Cubby, Shingler and Barclay getting back together in Europe, we certainly missed Barclay and Cubby in the opening 2 rounds.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 2:02am
Fantasic burst of speed when needed, a great athlete as well as rugby player
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 8:28am
What more can be said of this guy. Played 80 minutes at altitude after 12 weeks out. He is an amazing athlete who would make any team in World rugby better & I include the All Blacks. He could play at 13 if required and shine but its his work over the ball that we want and have seriously missed. 
mr geraint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr geraint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 8:35am
I’m looking forward to Barclay, Cubby and Beirne stealing ball.
Good to have Beirne back in the row as well.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 9:04am
I feel a BP win coming next 2 weeks

Edit: 2 BP Wins Embarrassed

Edited by Wasp - 03 December 2017 at 9:12am
Supporter of the evil region against the gallant union
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 3:07pm
I think we may scrape a win at home but will struggle out in Italy, Bath failed to destroy them up front and Benneton have improved vastly since then. Their internationals didn't have to face South Africa on the weekend. They will be better prepared than us due to integrating their internationals over a two week period instead of a few days.
Keep the faith
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 5:07pm
I’ve just been looking at the Benetton team beaten at home by Leinster at the weekend, it was nearly full strength against a very much second string Leinster team. I think that if we play to our strengths and capabilities we should win with a bit to spare. Hopefully that will allow us to make some changes late on and rest a few players ahead of the away fixture the following weekend.
James has to start this game as it’s vital that we win well and rack up some tries and bonus points to keep us in the hunt for second place in the group. He will give us that presence over the ball and at the breakdown plus he has that turn of pace and linking ability to bring in the outside backs into play. It would also take some of the pressure off Beirne and allow him to concentrate on other aspects of his game.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 8:44am
Cubby will be the first name on the team sheet until the end of the season as far as I am concerned except for the Anglo Welsh games. We are more than capable of getting two wins from these games; winning bonus points will be more difficult and will depend a lot on the weather conditions. 

We will not be reckless as we have to win all 4 remaining games to stand a chance of getting out of the pool.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 9:57am
Weather not promising - cold and wet? Hope we've learned the lessons from the Bath game.
TheKing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 1:32pm
Great signing. Was worried about this one as Cubby is a one off and irreplaceable. He’s also been shockingly snubbed by wales, so didn’t have that pull to keep him in Wales.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic