Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

James Davies new contract

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 1:44pm
International honours or not he's the best 7 in Europe.
Sponsored Links

Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 7:11pm
Reading between the lines, it seems as if it's his personality, and not his ability, which has kept him away from a Wales cap.

For me, his personality is one of the reason why he's essential to this squad.

Games aren't won on match-day. It's a full week of work. Players like Cubby bring a squad together, and make players want to come to work, and to work harder for each other.
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 5:21am
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Reading between the lines, it seems as if it's his personality, and not his ability, which has kept him away from a Wales cap.

Games aren't won on match-day. It's a full week of work. Players like Cubby bring a squad together, and make players want to come to work, and to work harder for each other.

Quite - excellent points.

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy... without a few jokers, any kind of work, including running like rats on a treadmill, is bound to get a bit boring. (God knows I've sat through some brain-numbing meetings in my time... I had to joke from time to time, otherwise I'd have gone nuts!)

The current Wales coaches don't look like a barrel of laughs, do they? Maybe that's why they don't 'get' Cubby, or his value to squad morale.

Edited by aber-fan - 05 December 2017 at 5:22am
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 9:01am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy... without a few jokers, any kind of work, including running like rats on a treadmill, is bound to get a bit boring. (God knows I've sat through some brain-numbing meetings in my time... I had to joke from time to time, otherwise I'd have gone nuts!)

The current Wales coaches don't look like a barrel of laughs, do they? Maybe that's why they don't 'get' Cubby, or his value to squad morale.

Both good summations. "Jokers" can be pretty misunderstood characters in any environment. With Cubby tho he is nothing if not a true professional. To be out for 12 weeks & play like he did at altitude 1st game for 80 minutes tells everyone that he is in great shape. 

He & Pivac seems to have a very special relationship. Aber your comment about the current Welsh coaching team is spot on - they conduct themselves like a group of undertakers for goodness sake. Lighten up lads its only a game. 
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Both good summations. "Jokers" can be pretty misunderstood characters in any environment. With Cubby tho he is nothing if not a true professional. To be out for 12 weeks & play like he did at altitude 1st game for 80 minutes tells everyone that he is in great shape. 

He & Pivac seems to have a very special relationship. Aber your comment about the current Welsh coaching team is spot on - they conduct themselves like a group of undertakers for goodness sake. Lighten up lads its only a game. 

I suppose with Rob Evans, they feel that they don't need two "personalities" !!! Wink Angry
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 1:37pm
  Can't agree more.  Can you imagne any of the Welsh coaches doing car pool karekoe with Cubby like Pivac did last season?! 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by cymraes cymraes wrote:

Can't agree more.  Can you imagne any of the Welsh coaches doing car pool karekoe with Cubby like Pivac did last season?! 

I loved that! What a laugh!
(Ivan Turgenev)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 1:54pm

Precisely - everyone knows who is in charge at PYS but he is also one of them & part of the squad. His stock continues to rise and he will be well in the hunt for the Welsh job come 2019. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 7:06pm

This passed me by completely. Is there a link to the story?
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

This passed me by completely. Is there a link to the story?

I tried to Google it and looked on YouTube, with no luck so far... maybe some younger, more media-savvy SF poster can find it?

Basically, Pivac and Cubby were driving around the PyS car park... from memory, I think there was a brief Q&A, then they sang along to something on the vehicle's music player... they looked great mates. I don't even remember if it was loaded onto the Scarlets' own web pages, or if it formed part of a TV programme - again, perhaps someone younger can recall the details.
(Ivan Turgenev)
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 7:14pm
  I think it was eeither Sky or BBC as preview for Leinster semi final (might have been final).
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 7:32pm
Thanks both. That sounds hilarious. Would love to be able to see it. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 05 December 2017 at 7:32pm
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 11:06pm
It was The Clash 'should I stay or should I go' they were singing to. Cubby can do many things, however singing is not one of them, which made it even funnier. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic