Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jezza Corbyn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 64>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2015 at 12:19pm
Why can't the other 3 contenders fill meetings then? They haven't got a radical idea between them and are tarnished with Blair's bloody hands and American poodle status.
Sponsored Links

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2015 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Why can't the other 3 contenders fill meetings then? They haven't got a radical idea between them and are tarnished with Blair's bloody hands and American poodle status.

For once, I absolutely agree with you.

It was something to see the reception he got in Scotland yesterday and contrast with Jim Murphy just 3-4 months ago.

I have to add, though, Michael Foot also packed halls out in the early 80s so Corbyn ought to take caution, but from what I hear him say, he seems to know that perfectly well.

Whoever becomes leader, we desperately need a strong opposition to counter the Tories and the inevitable lurch to the right should Osborne become the next PM in 2018/19.

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2015 at 4:27pm
the other 3 challengers are pathetic
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2015 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

the other 3 challengers are pathetic
I think Liz Kendall is in the wrong party
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2015 at 9:00pm
I haven't been this excited since 1972...Royston good postings
Up the bum no harm done.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2015 at 6:53pm

Jeremy Corbyn has revealed he could bring back coal mines - on the same day he pledged to 'keep fossil fuels in the ground'.

The Labour leadership hopeful thinks South Wales could once again export 'high quality coal' all over the world 30 years after Margaret Thatcher closed the pits.

Mr Corbyn - who stood with striking miners - says this time things would be different, with modern carbon capture technology meaning the process wouldn't pollute the earth.

"And maybe there will be a case for what is actually very high quality coal, particularly in South Wales, being mined again.

"But if there's to be substantial coal fire generation it's got to be clean burn technology, it's got to have carbon filters on it, it's got to be carbon neutral.

"I've looked at it, I've discussed it, I've heard about it. It's complicated. At one level it looks very expensive. But the advantages also look quite attractive.

Mr Corbyn's comments came on the same day he released a radical manifesto for green energy.

The leadership contender hinted at privatising the Big Six by saying Britain must 'move towards breaking up the failing energy cartel'.

Speaking at a tiny nature park in central London, he said he'll impose stricter climate change controls and create 'a million new green climate jobs'.

Labour Party membership has soared to 270,000 after rising at the fastest rate since 1951 - when Clement Attlee was in power.

It's sparked fears among many Labour MPs that 'entryists' are trying to swing the vote for Mr Corbyn.

Another 70,000 people have joined as affiliated supporters through trade unions, while another 50,000 have paid £3 to have a one-off vote.

Astonishingly that means half of those in the leadership vote - 195,000 of the 390,000 - will have signed up since polling day.

meanwhile all the other 3 can do in sneer from the sidelines ? Who are they? what are they meant to represent? it reminds me of a spike milliga line when a fan goes up to him and says, I know who you are, youre spike milligan, spike replies "I know who I am , why don't you go away and find out who you are!
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2015 at 7:30am
Genuine question (not being an engineer).

All those disused Welsh mines are now flooded and unusable. Is it economically viable to invest in new mines (or even technically possible)?

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2015 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Genuine question (not being an engineer).

All those disused Welsh mines are now flooded and unusable. Is it economically viable to invest in new mines (or even technically possible)?

It would cost a lot just to investigate
But techniques have changed beyond compare in recent years.

heres the science....

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/Energy-and-Environment/-Clean-Coal--Technologies/

'Clean Coal' Technologies, Carbon Capture & Sequestration

(Updated August 2015)
•Coal is a vital fuel in most parts of the world.
•Burning coal without adding to global carbon dioxide levels is a major technological challenge which is being addressed.
•The most promising 'clean coal' technology involves using the coal to make hydrogen from water, then burying the resultant carbon dioxide by-product and burning the hydrogen.
•The greatest challenge is bringing the cost of this down sufficiently for "clean coal" to compete with nuclear power on the basis of near-zero emissions for base-load power.
•There is typically at least a 20% energy penalty involved in 'clean coal' processes.

Coal is an extremely important fuel and will remain so. Some 23% of primary energy needs are met by coal and 39% of electricity is generated from coal. About 70% of world steel production depends on coal feedstock. Coal is the world's most abundant and widely distributed fossil fuel source. The International Energy Agency (IEA) expects a 43% increase in its use from 2000 to 2020.

However, burning coal produces almost 14 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide each year which is released to the atmosphere, most of this being from power generation

it never made sense to be why we didn't close the most uneconomic pits and reinvest our best resources into fewer but more profitable pits....basically concentrate our resources the way we did with the welsh rugby

and heres the romance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFnra54Yk44

According to Richard burton who came from a long line of miners, theres a great atlantic fault responsible for our world class coal , the fault starts in the basque country of northern spain and the bay of bisque through to south wales....just play recording of burton waxing lyrical about the bandy legged lords of the underworld and the ministers would soon open their cheque books

Edited by roy munster - 17 August 2015 at 4:37pm
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2015 at 9:23pm
Corbyn will say ANYTHING to get votes....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2015 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Corbyn will say ANYTHING to get votes....
So will every other politician in the UK
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2015 at 10:55pm
One of Corbyn's greatest assets is that he is the most genuine politician that has been seen for a while and will NOT say anything just to get votes. He believes in what he says and this has struck a chord with the public and is much more popular than conservatives (in whatever party they may be) dare admit and is causing widespread panic.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2015 at 11:02pm
There will always be a demand for quality and british coal is said to be amongst the best in the world
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2015 at 8:09am

One of Corbyn's greatest assets is that he is the most genuine politician that has been seen for a while and will NOT say anything just to get votes. He believes in what he says and this has struck a chord with the public and is much more popular than conservatives (in whatever party they may be) dare admit and is causing widespread panic.

Again, I agree.
It is radical (though not original as all it does is position the party back where they were pre-John Smith).

It does seem to be both frightening the Tories and enthusing the true Labour supporters. The press think that Cameron will try and put him as anti-business and anti-prosperity (high taxes etc). I can see Murdoch, Dacre and the others becoming even more vicious.

One thing I do hope is that it stops the surge of UKIP in Wales. These people are voting for them without a clue as to what they really represent. Do those traditional Labour voters in the coal valleys really believe in right wing policies? Leaving Europe would be a disaster for Wales (worryingly, Corbyn says he will vote to leave as well, though).

It will be fascinating to see how the Labour Party will react once he's elected leader. Will we see another SDP style split? Will this see the resurgence of the Lib Dems? Who knows, but it's going to be a rollercoaster of a year.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2015 at 8:12am
One other thought. Renationalising the railways is easy as the companies are on fixed contracts. What about the utilities? They're mostly owned by French and German companies and will claim EU laws to stop renationalisation, let alone the huge cost it would take to buy them out. Is it feasible?

scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2015 at 8:56am
It is a breath of fresh air not a re-hash of the 80s. It is engaging with young people, an electorate that has been constantly ignored. Politicians are scared and that's a great thing. Unfortunately I do feel his downfall will be losing on second preference votes.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2015 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Again, I agree.
It is radical (though not original as all it does is position the party back where they were pre-John Smith).

It does seem to be both frightening the Tories and enthusing the true Labour supporters. The press think that Cameron will try and put him as anti-business and anti-prosperity (high taxes etc). I can see Murdoch, Dacre and the others becoming even more vicious.

One thing I do hope is that it stops the surge of UKIP in Wales. These people are voting for them without a clue as to what they really represent. Do those traditional Labour voters in the coal valleys really believe in right wing policies? Leaving Europe would be a disaster for Wales (worryingly, Corbyn says he will vote to leave as well, though).

It will be fascinating to see how the Labour Party will react once he's elected leader. Will we see another SDP style split? Will this see the resurgence of the Lib Dems? Who knows, but it's going to be a rollercoaster of a year.

corbyn is pro Europe but highly sceptical of what the EU has become...The EU is a heck of a mess , instead of holding corporations to account, its wasting vast resources and creating seemingly infinite laws that hurt small to medium businesses and cause massive damage to economies....no wonder unemployment is at record highs right across Europe and even over 40%/50% youth unemployment in the likes of Italy, Greece etc Has anyone actually read let alone understood the 587 page constitution of the EU? also while im on my soap box how is it right that the same person who runs her own countries economy , runs the EU economy at the same time? conflict of interests? Duh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 64>
  Share Topic