Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

John Mulvihill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 8:45am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

The Blues Head coach role has had the sword of Damocles hanging over it from Day 1 over the last 15 years. Up the there with being Kim Jong Il's Chief of the military in terms of life expectancy.

Perennial underachievers due to, predominantly, a whole host of off field antics around ground, funding, ownership etc.

A Young/Peel ticket is pretty exciting in principal …I just really hope they asked for (and got) a clear road map of how the funding will be made available to re-build what is a pretty aging and under delivering team in some areas. Harsh I know...but with Arhip, Dacey, Turnbull, Lloyd W, Lee-Lo, Halaholo, Gill and others in their thirties years (but still very much 1st choice 23 players), it's going to take some money.

They can build a decent squad quite quickly around the likes of Adams, Amos, Hill, Botham, Lewis-Hughes, Lane and hopefully Ellis Jenks etc...but there's a paucity of front 5 options of course...no disrespect meant but if you have the likes of Gill, Scott Andrews and guys like Tovey as your first choice subs you can get exposed.

I think Wales rugby needs a strong Blues component mind.

from 8-30 saturday i hope.Big smile

Make that 10.00 Nigel - don't want any 2nd half comebacks.LOL
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

The Blues Head coach role has had the sword of Damocles hanging over it from Day 1 over the last 15 years. Up the there with being Kim Jong Il's Chief of the military in terms of life expectancy.

Perennial underachievers due to, predominantly, a whole host of off field antics around ground, funding, ownership etc.

A Young/Peel ticket is pretty exciting in principal …I just really hope they asked for (and got) a clear road map of how the funding will be made available to re-build what is a pretty aging and under delivering team in some areas. Harsh I know...but with Arhip, Dacey, Turnbull, Lloyd W, Lee-Lo, Halaholo, Gill and others in their thirties years (but still very much 1st choice 23 players), it's going to take some money.

They can build a decent squad quite quickly around the likes of Adams, Amos, Hill, Botham, Lewis-Hughes, Lane and hopefully Ellis Jenks etc...but there's a paucity of front 5 options of course...no disrespect meant but if you have the likes of Gill, Scott Andrews and guys like Tovey as your first choice subs you can get exposed.

I think Wales rugby needs a strong Blues component mind.

Cardiff...LOL
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 10:03am
Them as well.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 11:28am
I would have no objection to the Blues going full stand alone and just saying we are  a Cardiff Region and we have a Cardiff fanbase and we are going to work to that crowd and solely that crowd

However if then any of the valley regions that make up their region and the development programme feel they want to jump ship and form part of another region that should be allowed to happen to.

It maybe best for all concerned in the long run tbh

Wasps have kicked on big time since Young left that would concern me if I was a blues fan, but he is a step up from Mulvihill

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 11:43am
Until the Blues sort their front 5 issues they will struggle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic