Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jonny ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

why is everyone so upset? yes its injustice. but, we are without jonny, lets be honest thats hardly a loss. martyn williams misses our derby game.

win win.

I'd say its win win win. Jonny F is no loss and Williams misses derby but can still play in the AI which means that there is less chance of McCusker and Turnbull being called up. I know it sounds bad but I think we're all hoping that as few of our players as possible are called up for the AI.

You are a right muppet and if you are a fan you should be supporting the players. We need every player available and the 3 week ban is a disgrace. We have to give johnny a chance to settle in.
Agree fully with you Thommo .Jonny not being given a chance ffs
Up the bum no harm done.
Sponsored Links

Wrigley Man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrigley Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

Disgraceful decisions, just no consistency whatsoever!  Confused

Totally agree.
Allez Scarlets
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Bryn A! Wel! Bryn A! Wel! wrote:

Anybody got any clips of the MW incident? Not seen it yet.

By the sound of it howeveer, it seems absolutely ludicrous. I thought, referring to history, Johnny's yellow card would have been enough

You can view it here for a few more days Bryn.  Look at around 9 minutes.

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtml?programme_id=416108723

I think MW's offence was far worse than what Johnny F. did, but what do I know. Confused

The MW incident is made worse (from an Edinburgh viewpoint) by the fact that the Blues gained 3 points from the penalty, followed by a try when Edinburgh were down to 14 men.  Given how close the game was, this was trully a match deciding moment.  Had the linesman done his job and picked up the offence, then it would have been a penalty reversed and MW yellowed or possibly red carded.

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by JonWal JonWal wrote:

Cannot describe how p'd off I am about this

martyn Williams was in a rage elbowing chris Patterson in the head whilst his arms were trapped in the ruck and then dropped a knee onto his face.

I'm not angry about jonnys ban. I'm mad that martyn hasn't had longer. The citing commission is a waste of time. What's the point!?

TOTALLY AGREE. 
Nothing to do with the approaching internationals, of course.Angry
We're still still here!
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:51pm
Sam warburton is arguably better than MW at the moment anyway.

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 9:00pm
i agree the punishment is harsh and not in balance with martyn williams`. but its actually works out for us.

jonny f not given a chance? please, he`s been a liabilty everytime he`s taken the field and could have easily cost us the game when he got carded. we saw more poor signs when he slipped off a tackle on our own line v aironi.

he`s had chances and he doesn`t even do the basics well. as for sticking up for the clubs players, i`ll always be the last to have a go at players or coaches.

but jonny f is a waste of a place on the bench. i`d prefer it was given to adam powell. at least he`s got some bollox!!!!
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 9:55pm
Err .... Warburton ! Well be ok but the offence was nothing on titos .
North London Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote North London Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 10:06pm
Disgusting
Ry'n ni yma o hyd...
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
SF's only officially endorsed pollster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

why is everyone so upset? yes its injustice. but, we are without jonny, lets be honest thats hardly a loss. martyn williams misses our derby game.

win win.

I'd say its win win win. Jonny F is no loss and Williams misses derby but can still play in the AI which means that there is less chance of McCusker and Turnbull being called up. I know it sounds bad but I think we're all hoping that as few of our players as possible are called up for the AI.

You are a right muppet and if you are a fan you should be supporting the players. We need every player available and the 3 week ban is a disgrace. We have to give johnny a chance to settle in.

Speedy - 100% agree.
Dan - 110% agree.

JF is purely a cheap body in the squad and hasn't shown anything to justify a place on the bench let alone near the starting team, in fact he's shown plenty of reasons not to be involved and Dom Day is a better option on the bench (or Vern/Welch/A.N.Other).

The consistency in the bans is shocking and Martin deserves much more of a ban, however there's no getting away that as a club this has worked out pretty well for us.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:10pm
Beep

Just seen the MW for the 1st time thanks to S4C link

Is there video of Johnny F yellow.

Cause due to where I was in ground and the video replay on the big screen, I thought it was fine at the time.
y ddraig bwyd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y ddraig bwyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:14pm
Sorry but am I missing the point again here?
I thought this topic was about FOUL PLAY and NOT the playing ability of the player!!
Surely striking an unprotected head is worthy of a harsher punishment than at worse a clumsy tackle?
Judge it on the facts please NOT your opinion of the player!!
y ddraig bwyd
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by y ddraig bwyd y ddraig bwyd wrote:

Sorry but am I missing the point again here?
I thought this topic was about FOUL PLAY and NOT the playing ability of the player!!
Surely striking an unprotected head is worthy of a harsher punishment than at worse a clumsy tackle?
Judge it on the facts please NOT your opinion of the player!!

Well I see the topic of the Jonny ban as how it affects us over the next few weeks, in one word - positively.

On a topic of whether other bans are appropriate then no they are obviously not.

Every cloud and all that.
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:22pm
OK So we lose Johnny F  for 3 weeks .... Not too bad I some people beleive, UTTER B***LX .... Massive game on Sunday ... Say we pick up a 2nd row & back row injury ? Johnny F covers both.... We  can't afford to lose ANY players for whatever reason !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Tough on Jonny, who hasnt had the best of starts with us. I like the guy and I feel he will make a positive impact before the season's over.

Not from what I`ve seen so far. Up there with the best (worst) of them.

Edited by s.pimpernel - 14 October 2010 at 12:20am
In Pivac we trust
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:23pm
No wonder players aren't afraid to stamp on others' faces.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

OK So we lose Johnny F  for 3 weeks .... Not too bad I some people beleive, UTTER B***LX .... Massive game on Sunday ... Say we pick up a 2nd row & back row injury ? Johnny F covers both.... We  can't afford to lose ANY players for whatever reason !

Jon Eds and Day/Vern can cover, in all honesty I'd bring Ken on at 6 for the last 20 before JF, christ I'd even consider moving a back there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic