Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > RANDOM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Kill the b@st@rd!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Kill the b@st@rd!"
    Posted: 15 March 2017 at 4:59pm
My wife and I are pretty normal and sane people.

How come, then, that we every so often scream "Kill the b@st@rd!" at our TV screen?

Is it over-excitement at a rugby match, or a boxing bout?

Not a bit of it.

We do like thrillers - preferably good ones - but do at times watch, shall I say, 'lower quality' fare. These are mainly responsible, because sooner or later something like this happens:

Someone (often, but not always, a woman) is being chased by a (potential) murderer... the reason varies (the pursuer may be a psychopath; or someone after an inheritance; or the 'pursued' may be a witness to a mob crime... none of that matters).

The pursued hides, grabs a weapon, and then when the criminal appears, clubs him (it's nearly always a man) over the head... then they run away again!

"Kill the b@st@rd", we scream! When the guy is down, finish him off - he'll only get up and chase you again, idiot!

Don't know if this utterly stupid plot convention annoys anyone else on here...!

I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 5:48pm
Only when it was Allain Rolande and I meant it!  Wink
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 10:53am
Neveer considered it before, but I think from now on it is going to bug the hell out of me!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic