Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kings & Cheetahs away in SA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

All,

Just one quick call out from me....It's worth checking the new SA Immigration and Border control policy brought in last year if travelling with a minor ( under 18). A bit different but stringently applied. Stopped me from going there last year as you need your child's original or certified birth certificate ( which I didn't have with me here).
One parent travelling with a minor needs more info.

Thanks for that, mate, much appreciated. You going? 2 x "home" games for you.
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 9:46pm
At least 1 for sure...
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 9:54pm
17 rand to a gbp...so a pint of Castle comes in at a shade under one of your Great British pounds.

Lionel Messi.
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 11:45am
Chips,
See you there....
4 people booked and paid all ready.
I know my trip covers both games however there is an option within our trip to do the one game.
It will be their Summer!!!
Snowflake
franciskieran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciskieran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 12:09pm
I looked online a couple of days ago to go to Port Elizabeth for just the Kings match on 26/11/2017, flying out on 24th from Heathrow and returning on 28th, just the flights was £372 return on BA, also with flights + 3/4 nights hotel on BA it was about £800+.
Hotels would need more research, etc....
Kieran
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2017 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Rainbow Rainbow wrote:

Chips,
See you there....
4 people booked and paid all ready.
I know my trip covers both games however there is an option within our trip to do the one game.
It will be their Summer!!!

Fantastic to read that you've got traction on an organized trip for these games.
Envious of organized tours like this, especially to new venues...much more fun as a group...and better agin if organized by someone else for you!
I get to see games flying 'solo' in an out from odd locations ( like Nairobi this time around), it's ok but not as good as a 'tour'

If you need any local intel let me know as I work around a load of Saffers here in East Africa...all rugby mad...all un-sure of what to make of the Pro 14 etc...

They all try and imitate my accent when talking all things rugby...

Kwazulu Natal meets Teifi valley....barely a language.

'R ool yewr players got to ave a booky man?'
( Sir, is there a rule where all your players have to have a gitty goatie beard ?)

Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2017 at 10:10am
The organised trip is staying at the Radison Blue which is £180 per room.
If you check booking.com they did have an offer on the same hotel.
Do you fancy doing a Safari whils out in PEZ?
Snowflake
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2017 at 10:32am
I actually fancy not doing a safari...I live in a national park and the blinking animals keep me awake most nights...no I want to go on a pub crawl or see some cement buildings for a change !
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2017 at 9:43pm
I was asking the guy in the post b4 yours...
Living in Keyna must be exciting.... penty of cement
Buildings in PEZ...
Snowflake
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2017 at 1:26pm
Details about the Safari:

Amakhala Game Reserve Amakhala Game Reserve is an ideal choice for your Big 5 Safari destination.
This 7,500 ha reserve is renowned for its truly awesome topography, created by the slowly meandering Bushman’s River running through it. Guided by experienced rangers, you can return to nature and explore the diverse wildlife and the rugged landscapes of the Eastern Cape valley and bushveld on Amakhala Game Reserve. 
Morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers through Amakhala Game Reserve will leave you in awe of the diverse vegetation and spectacular scenery which abounds here. Not only do we offer the much sought after Big 5, but there are over 16 antelope species, zebra, giraffe and many small interesting species. Our elephant sightings are likely to the highlight of your stay. In addition to game drives, we also offer boat cruises and guided walks. For a change of pace, enjoy bird watching and game spotting whilst gently cruising down the Bushman’s River! Refreshment breaks have been included to make your safari experience that much more enjoyable. This bush experience will create memories, which will linger as long as the African sun sets. 
http://wetu.com/iBrochure/en/Launch/5281_11360_15453/Safari_Lodge_on_Amakhala/Landing

Snowflake
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2017 at 2:29pm
Well done for organising all this.
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2017 at 7:47pm
I was v lucky that I used this company when I went on the SA Lions tour back in 2009. We had such a great time
with the owner of the company and his friends.

Have kept in touch. When it was announced that 2 teams were joining the PRO12 I contacted the team on the ground. A great trip has been organised and it will be fun!
I just hope it will be a succesful frip and that everyone will enjoy.
Snowflake
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2017 at 8:02pm
Booked the flights today. Looking forward to it all, as it's the first time in SA.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 9:13pm
See you SA!
You will like it.
Snowflake
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 12:33am
If you go on holidaypirates.com there’s flights to South Africa from £343 return around the dates of the games.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Rainbow Rainbow wrote:

Details about the Safari:

Amakhala Game Reserve Amakhala Game Reserve is an ideal choice for your Big 5 Safari destination.
This 7,500 ha reserve is renowned for its truly awesome topography, created by the slowly meandering Bushman’s River running through it. Guided by experienced rangers, you can return to nature and explore the diverse wildlife and the rugged landscapes of the Eastern Cape valley and bushveld on Amakhala Game Reserve. 
Morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers through Amakhala Game Reserve will leave you in awe of the diverse vegetation and spectacular scenery which abounds here. Not only do we offer the much sought after Big 5, but there are over 16 antelope species, zebra, giraffe and many small interesting species. Our elephant sightings are likely to the highlight of your stay. In addition to game drives, we also offer boat cruises and guided walks. For a change of pace, enjoy bird watching and game spotting whilst gently cruising down the Bushman’s River! Refreshment breaks have been included to make your safari experience that much more enjoyable. This bush experience will create memories, which will linger as long as the African sun sets. 
http://wetu.com/iBrochure/en/Launch/5281_11360_15453/Safari_Lodge_on_Amakhala/Landing

do you get to stroke a lion?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic