Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leinster lose at home to Treviso

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 9:11pm
Our points difference is 22 pts better than Edinburgh, so even if they get a BP win, they'd still need to make up the 22 pts I believe ? 

This is another consequence of losing by a 38 point margin yesterday !
Sponsored Links

ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by Craca Hyll Craca Hyll wrote:

Points difference is currently 126 points in their favour. They're finishing 1st.

Exactly - all this talk about if would have won today we would be within a point, same points as Leinster is superfilous. We had to rest players. So did Leinster. Even if we finish level on points, it goes to games win, where we would be equal and then points difference. Leinster are first. We should be second. Lets get the Euro SF out of the way, see where we stand re players, and then pick our best team to ensure we at least get 4. I seriously doubt Edin will get a BP win against Glasgow but we may need to go for 4 tries. We have played the Dragons 3 times at JD and won 3, scoring 4 tries in each of those 4 games. History is on our side. Application is what is needed. 

The highlighted sentence doesn't quite make sense. In any event we only beat them 21-16 last season. From memory we only managed 2 tries.

Sorry typo. Meant to be:

We have played the Dragons 3 times at JD and won 3, scoring 4 tries in each of those 3 games.

And you are correct re the last game's tries. Not sure how I misread the wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgement_Day_(rugby_union)
Scarlets before Wales
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 9:55pm

Our points difference is 22 pts better than Edinburgh, so even if they get a BP win, they'd still need to make up the 22 pts I believe ? 

Unfortunately not, I think. Because Edin would have won a game more than us, which is counted (quite rightly) before pts diff.

Game points
Games won
Pts diff
Scarlets before Wales
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Unfortunately not, I think. Because Edin would have won a game more than us, which is counted (quite rightly) before pts diff.

Game points
Games won
Pts diff

Thanks for that. BP win is needed against NGD then !
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 10:50pm
I'm sure if we were relaxed and any sort of win would do, then we could gradually build a lead and not worry about the 4 tries, but its not going to be easy as the Dragons will know that we have to attack to score tries and they can just defend, and may be able to break away as we take more risks. With a full side I don't see any reason why we can't do it, but it may not be as easy as some people think.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:11am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

I'm sure if we were relaxed and any sort of win would do, then we could gradually build a lead and not worry about the 4 tries, but its not going to be easy as the Dragons will know that we have to attack to score tries and they can just defend, and may be able to break away as we take more risks. With a full side I don't see any reason why we can't do it, but it may not be as easy as some people think.

Suggest you watch the Zebre game...
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 7:12am
1 the drags are dreadful this season 

2 Jackmans comments towards us in the press have not gone un noticed by our board, our coaches and our players.

Time to teach them a humiliating lesson under the roof of their owners.
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 7:23am
What did jackman say speedy?
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 8:08am
(a) we will beat Drags with 4 tries; (b) no way Glasgow will hand Edinburgh the match on a plate so for Burgh to win will be hard enough let alone with 4 tries; (c) injuries of top players could have led to defeat next week whereas even if we are 3rd in league we still play in QF and would fancy chances in Limerick; (d) esp as we won Pro 12 last year the Champions Cup has to be given priority.

There was a 'need more game time together' argument for playing the best team against Edinburgh but in my opinion there was no 'must win' reason to play our best team given all the above points
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

(a) we will beat Drags with 4 tries; (b) no way Glasgow will hand Edinburgh the match on a plate so for Burgh to win will be hard enough let alone with 4 tries; (c) injuries of top players could have led to defeat next week whereas even if we are 3rd in league we still play in QF and would fancy chances in Limerick; (d) esp as we won Pro 12 last year the Champions Cup has to be given priority.

There was a 'need more game time together' argument for playing the best team against Edinburgh but in my opinion there was no 'must win' reason to play our best team given all the above points
Absolutely spot on Rich Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic