Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lewis rawlins to the blues??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lewis rawlins to the blues??
    Posted: 07 December 2017 at 9:17am
Can any of the ITK here confirm or deny this rumour?

cheers
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 10:05am
not heard a thing, hope lewis stays, he is a valuable member of the squad and also one of the hardest tacklers around
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 10:11am
Decent, solid squad player for us but who has never nailed down automatic first choice. Again, IF true , there may be good personal reasons -its certainly not like losing Jake but we do need a replacement for him ,which no doubt Wayne Pivac will have in hand.

Edited by reesytheexile - 07 December 2017 at 10:34am
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 10:33am
Lewis one of our unsung heroes. Well rated by Pivac so would imagine we will do all in our power to retain. He is part of the non International backbone we are trying to build. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 10:40am
Be gutted if he leaves integral part of squad with Jake away with Wales he very important to us. Unlucky not to be capped by Wales when you consider Thornton, Beard and Hill have been capped.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 11:03am
Shame if he goes, great player who is reaching his prime
Scarlets - Pro 12 Champions 2017
Sosban89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 11:20am
I'd see Lewis as someone we'd definitely want to tie down. STill young, great work ethic. Very good squad player.
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 11:51am
gutted if we lose Lewis was fantastic last season especially towards the end, and again been solid this season, Really hope he stays!!
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 12:18pm
Not sure he has not played more, franky.

Shingler has been over played this season
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

I'd see Lewis as someone we'd definitely want to tie down. STill young, great work ethic. Very good squad player.

Quite so - hope he's staying.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 4:00pm
We keep saying it, time and time again.  Why go to the Blues, no one improves going there and end up in the wilderness  They keep doing I though, so many have. 

Hope he sees sense and stays.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 6:37pm
There's some chat on gwlad about this transfer from a very reliable source, so I suspect it has legs.

The moment we signed Cummins, and after having watched him play I wondered where this left Rawlins because they look like similar players in the sense that they are mobile gain line tacklers. I guess offloading Rawlins looks like it is the answer to that particular question.

I've heard rumours that we want to sign another lock, which we will need if Rawlins were to leave as you can't go through the season with only 4 particularly when one of those is away with Wales. What we really need is a bulky Jake Ball alternative who can carry rather than another Cummins, Bulbring or Price style player.

The move is however a very peculiar one from the Blues. Rawlins is a lock who fits into the type of game and defensive pattern we play. He wouldn't fit into how the Ospreys or Munster play the game, for example. Given they don't currently have a coach for next season, it may be an expensive mistake if Rawlins doesn't fit into whatever game that coach wants to play.

Edited by dantheman - 07 December 2017 at 6:39pm
ABW999 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABW999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 6:52pm
At this momen in time Rawlings is more important to the squad/ team than Scott or Aled. With others leaving or injured second row would look very depleted
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by ABW999 ABW999 wrote:

At this momen in time Rawlings is more important to the squad/ team than Scott or Aled. With others leaving or injured second row would look very depleted

I'm sorry, I've heard some crazy things in my time on this forum, but Rawlins being more important than Scott is utterly ridiculous.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 7:39pm
The blues? How to kill your development! What's up with so many leaving? Can nobody be arsed to fight to play? You need competition to help improve and avoid becoming complacent.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 7:49pm
Dan, what ABW is saying we have people able to step in at centre, while in 2nd row we are struggling if we get an injury, and I tend to agree, Ball is out for months, Price seems to have stagnated a bit, and what is left, Bulbring, Beirne and Rawlings.

This position could be for the rest of the season.

Cummings is a what primarily 4-5-6, not sure yet.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic