Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liam 3 game ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boisbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liam 3 game ban
    Posted: 14 January 2021 at 2:09pm
Liam, I think can count himself lucky with a 3 week ban.

Looks like they did put penalise him for his comments to ref or previous reds.

Good news.
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 2:26pm
Very lucky man especially after his reaction, good news, does the 3 matches just cover the Pro14 or internationals as well.
Boisbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boisbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 2:32pm
I’d say internationals as well.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 2:45pm
doubt that will curb his petulant attitude,he's a different player now from the one that left.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 2:45pm
The WRU must be gutted at the decision to shelve the European Cup for the next two weekends. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 3:11pm
Gonna judge Sanjay when he gets back consistently playing for us. Not the only player thats made a hot-headed decision like that in our team. 

However I will be disappointed of we are to get another red card that isn’t a purely accidental one. That will show the coaches are inept at dealing with the discipline issue. We’ve had punches, tackle height & technique and now bad clear-outs what more needs to happen before our players get the message...
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 3:42pm
Three ‘meaningful’ matches.  As it stands two for the Scarlets. One for Wales 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 3:55pm
Our team really have two things to concentrate on at the moment. Qualifying for next year's Champions Cup & making the best of this years curtailed tournament. A Rainbow Cup may enter the equation at some point. As far as qualifying for next season's champions cup it is no exaggeration to state that, should we eventually miss out, it will be the fault of our discipline that we do regardless of the insipid attacking rugby we have played.

Important home games are coming up against the Blues and Leinster and I believe a home game against Connacht is among those scheduled for the final 4 games. It is still in our own hands but discipline will have to improve dramatically.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

Three ‘meaningful’ matches.  As it stands two for the Scarlets. One for Wales 
Isn’t it the other way around now that the Champions Cup has been postponed?
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 5:09pm
According to BBC sport it’s the game v Ireland and two Scarlets games. 
Rubrum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 11:13am
If Sanjay had used his brain and not his head he'd not be in this mess.
Rubrum
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Rubrum Rubrum wrote:

If Sanjay had used his brain and not his head he'd not be in this mess.

Brain you say ? Ah I think Winnie the Pooh ( my essential bed time reading) sums it up very well! I suspect we have all had such moments in rugby work and home!

“When you are a bear of very little brain and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it." 
😉

Edited by reesytheexile - 15 January 2021 at 1:46pm
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 11:45am
He was a looking for a red card from kick off. He was continually pushing & shoving at rucks after the whistle had been blown. Tried sizing up to Turnbull a couple of times.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Boisbach Boisbach wrote:

Good news.
It was a good result for Liam and the club.Sinclair got 2 weeks over for in England for mouthing off at ref - I bet the players miss the fans also for uttering their frustrations in spontaneous ref abuse which used to get masked by noise! 🤨 ditto TV presenters having to apologise 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 12:56pm
We are very judgemental on here. Can any of us say have never got angry when something has been said/done that we didnt agree with and possibly made a sarcastic throw away comment in the heat of the moment. I know I have.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Boisbach Boisbach wrote:

Good news.
It was a good result for Liam and the club.Sinclair got 2 weeks over for in England for mouthing off at ref - I bet the players miss the fans also for uttering their frustrations in spontaneous ref abuse which used to get masked by noise! 🤨 ditto TV presenters having to apologise 
The Sinckler one was ridiculous, rugby players arent choir boys.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic