Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liam.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liam.
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:06am
Well his first season since leaving us has all but ended. Does anyone else on here agree, that in simple Rugby terms, he has gone backwards at an alarming rate. On current form he would not make our starting 15 and would struggle to make the 23. His defensive frailities seem to have grown and his swashbuckling attacking plays are a distant memory.
Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:17am
I think you'll find the Saracens management may not agree with you. I believe he's had a few MOM in the games he's played and scored a few tries.

He's had a bad season with injuries, but performed well when fit with them.

He has not played well with Wales, I wonder why?

Out injured with a shoulder injury this time.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:11am
Every time I've seen him play for Sarries this season he has done some exceptional things.
To question his defence compared say to Steph is absurd. He would fly into our starting 15.
Keep the faith
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:32am
Would he though not that I wouldn’t have him back at the club I would in a heart beat but you look at our back line on current form I think Steph is nailed on and McNichol Prydie and Halfpenny would tie up the other two spots. Liam back in our environment now which has changed a lot since he left would have made him a better and perhaps a more nailed on player than he is now. I get why had left no issues there but I think the way they play etc his game has faltered also you could say his injuries are mounting due to the attrition and lack of protection from say a duel contract
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Every time I've seen him play for Sarries this season he has done some exceptional things.
To question his defence compared say to Steph is absurd. He would fly into our starting 15.

I don't think I've seen Steph miss anywhere near as many one on one tackles as Liam has this season. More to the point he has got nowhere near on a few occasions even with the touchline as his friend. Games which spring to mind immediately are Italy & Leinster.

Everyone has an opinion but right now he wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting past Leigh Jonny or Step in mine. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 2:51pm
I'm not sure on this one - I've only seen Liam for Wales, where he's looked to have gone backwards. Others say he's played very well for Sarries, but I haven't seen those games.

The jury is out, for me - but I do believe that players who come to the Scarlets definitely improve, with our coaches.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well his first season since leaving us has all but ended. Does anyone else on here agree, that in simple Rugby terms, he has gone backwards at an alarming rate. On current form he would not make our starting 15 and would struggle to make the 23. His defensive frailities seem to have grown and his swashbuckling attacking plays are a distant memory.

Has been very good for sarries always a danger with ball in ha D.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:16am
Has Steff Evans anglicised his name to Steph in recent week,s or are the anglophiles on Scarlet Fever trying to persuade him to do so?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Has Steff Evans anglicised his name to Steph in recent week,s or are the anglophiles on Scarlet Fever trying to persuade him to do so?

I stand corrected Ffidel - what a mistake to make bearing in mind I live in Rhydcymerau the home of nationalsim. If my neighbours find out I'll be driven out of town!!!!
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:23am
Forgiven GPR, but you normally use Steff's correct name if you start a thread and it wasn't you that I was mainly referring to.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:12pm
Liam is class and would always offer us something in attack that we lack this year, I don't think he's been allowed to time get fully fit and that's what's affected his performances. I'm sure he'll be back up to speed next season. I'd have him back any day
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic