Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > ARE YOU BLIND REF.... OR ARE WE WRONG ???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liftiing in lineouts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liftiing in lineouts
    Posted: 03 September 2015 at 12:57pm
One for John.

I was under the impression that neither team in a lineout was allowed to lift players until the ball has left the hookers hands. Is that correct?

If so, why is this law absolutely ignored by referees, particulalry having regard to defending teams throwing a man up in the air well before the ball has even left the hookers hands. This often makes a farce of the lineout

Confused.com

#George
Sponsored Links

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2015 at 1:06pm
19:10
(f)
Jumping, supporting or lifting before the ball is thrown. A player must not jump or be lifted or supported before the ball has left the hands of the player throwing in.

Can't answer the second part of your question, only saying I enforce it rigidly (as I also enforce the straight put in and early strike in scrums !)

Edited by scarletman - 03 September 2015 at 1:12pm
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2015 at 1:08pm
I guarantee we'll be pinged for it this coming season!
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2015 at 1:23pm
John,

I know you can't comment on specific incidents etc, but are you surpised that there hasnt been a directive regarding this. Surely, it has to be one of the poorest policed of the laws. Defending teams throwing a man up at the front often makes the job of a hooker impossible if middle ball has been called
#George
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2015 at 2:48pm
I used to be lifted in the lineout but no longer can be
If it bleeds we can can kill it
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2015 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

John,

I know you can't comment on specific incidents etc, but are you surpised that there hasnt been a directive regarding this. Surely, it has to be one of the poorest policed of the laws. Defending teams throwing a man up at the front often makes the job of a hooker impossible if middle ball has been called

I can't comment on any incidents as you know, but there are so many "safety" protocols now, that they take precedence in directives. No doubt it will creep around again once the scrum feed has been addressed (again) !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic