Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Likely Releases for next Saturday?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Likely Releases for next Saturday?
    Posted: 10 February 2019 at 9:17am
Wondering if we will get some players back for next week.

Patch could do with game time if fit now.
Steff is not on Gatlands radar so he should come back.
Cant really see any of the front row coming back.
Jake could do with more game time also after yesterdays performance but I suspect they will keep him in camp.
Leigh again would need game time if he is fit but that is a massive 'if' !!

Hopefully we will get Rhys and Steff.

Not holding my breath though.
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 2:37pm
Patch and Steff might be seen as needing 60 mins. Cubby should also be available.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Patch and Steff might be seen as needing 60 mins. Cubby should also be available.

Cubby still a few weeks away ,but Rawlins,Boyde and Casseim should be available the later been very impressive in training,it was unbelievable to think he had played a few games with a broken shoulder blade that was not detected .
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Cubby still a few weeks away ,but Rawlins,Boyde and Casseim should be available the later been very impressive in training,it was unbelievable to think he had played a few games with a broken shoulder blade that was not detected .
Overall, that’s encouraging news.

Disappointing re Cubby.

Hat tip to Cassiem.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Overall, that’s encouraging news.

Disappointing re Cubby.

Hat tip to Cassiem.

Agree Steve, it is disappointing for Cubby. However, the way Dan Davis has been playing it seems that we have the perfect replacement. 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:52am
the way anscombe and biggar have started Patch might be needed to start the england game LOL
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 9:07am
Gatland isn't known for his generosity in this area.

Anyone remotely close to the 23 will not be released.

Steff has an outside chance I guess, as he couldn't get game time against Italy even.

If Patch is fit, then I'd imagine Gats would keep him.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 9:17am
Our bi-annual torture chamber on this subject continues.

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Our bi-annual torture chamber on this subject continues.

While I agree with the sentiment, the fact we have this discussion each time suggests a poor process. If we knew that none would be available end of discussion that would be far more helpful. 
I guess we look at other countries or even other regions and who they get released and feel like the poor relations, our fault for generating so many internationals it seems.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 10:38am
Surely Steff and Patch if fit must be released-there is no way Gats would have Patch back for England as his first game when Bigger and Anscombe are available and a weekend in Italy might do him a bit of good!!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 10:52am
Well, this is the last 6N under Gats...Pivac can start afresh as can the WRU,...Gats is just exercising the deal the regions signed up for ( for some more dosh) and so is the prevailing narrative here.

I've never really understood why we hold Team Wales accountable for something we signed up for tbh.

If we consider that any player released is assumed to be because it suits Team Wales' then we wont go far wrong.
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Well, this is the last 6N under Gats...Pivac can start afresh as can the WRU,...Gats is just exercising the deal the regions signed up for ( for some more dosh) and so is the prevailing narrative here.

I've never really understood why we hold Team Wales accountable for something we signed up for tbh.

If we consider that any player released is assumed to be because it suits Team Wales' then we wont go far wrong.

I think it's out of hope to be honest.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:05pm
On the subject of Italy (tenuous link I know Embarrassed ) , I can confirm that the Benetton game which kicks off at 5.15pm  is being shown in the Quinnell Lounge and on TV's on Saturday after the RFC V Bargoed game at 2.30pm. A day of Parc y Scarlets rugby! Social Media announcements to follow

Edited by reesytheexile - 11 February 2019 at 12:06pm
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:13pm
Will be a vital match for us saturday and I m sure that Treviso will play better then Italy...we need all our best players avaible or who rested for Wales, of course I think no Foxy or Davies, but Ball, Wyn Jones, and many other could be released, above all they are yet in Italy...
See you next saturday for who will come in Treviso.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:29pm
Mr Ian, any idea of the Benetton players being released for the match?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Mr Ian, any idea of the Benetton players being released for the match?
Suppose Quaglio, Pasquali, Ruzza and Barbini, Benvenuti and Ian McK...but all players need a rest after 2 week matchs, their best players at the moment in Treviso are Duvenage at scrum half and wing Ioane, the same two players Italy need.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic