Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > B&I Lions 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lions team vs. All Blacks (second test)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lions team vs. All Blacks (second test)
    Posted: 29 June 2017 at 9:20am
New Zealand British & Irish Lions
15. Israel Dagg  15. Liam Williams
14. Waisake Naholo  14. Anthony Watson
13. Anton Lienert-Brown  13. Jonathan Davies
12. Sonny Bill Williams  12. Owen Farrell
11. Rieko Ioane  11. Elliot Daly
10. Beauden Barrett  10. Johnny Sexton
9. Aaron Smith 9. Conor Murray
1. Joe Moody  1. Mako Vunipola
2. Codie Taylor  2. Jamie George
3. Owen Franks  3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Brodie Retallick  4. Maro Itoje
5. Samuel Whitelock  5. Alun Wyn Jones
6. Jerome Kaino  6. Sam Warburton (capt)
7. Sam Cane  7. Sean O’Brien
8. Kieran Read (capt) 8. Taulupe Faletau
Replacements    
16. Nathan Harris  16. Ken Owens
17. Wyatt Crockett  17. Jack McGrath
18. Charlie Faumuina  18. Kyle Sinckler
19. Scott Barrett  19. Courtney Lawes
20. Ardie Savea 20. CJ Stander
21. TJ Perenara   21. Rhys Webb 
22. Aaron Cruden  22. Ben Te’o
23. Ngani Laumape 23. Jack Nowell
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 9:29am
TBH, I would have preferred more changes, especially in the front 5... where the Lions appeared too one-paced and lacking in skills in the first test. George, Furlong and AWJ are a bit fortunate to start - Ken, Sinckler and Henderson would on the evidence have considerably improved the carrying aspect. Henderson is especially unlucky not to make the 23 - maybe his YC cost him. 

I'm not sure why Te'o is on the bench - as with 1/2p last week, he's not really an impact player... though in the unlikely event that the Lions have to defend a lead in the last quarter, he could be useful. 

Anyway, I just don't think the Lions have a 23 good enough to win, whoever they choose. We'll see.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 2:26pm
Gats may have lost the plot finally
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 3:27pm
call me defeatist, but I predict defeat
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 4:53pm
I predict pants lawr.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 5:24pm

is this legal?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

is this legal?

AWJ catches the ball. As soon as his feet hit the floor he's tackled. He's offloaded in the process of coming down. Looks like he's done that before hitting the floor. Is it marginally a late tackle, marginally bringing down the maul not the ball carrier (can it be judged the maul formed) or do you simply say he's the catcher, no problem tackling him as soon as his feet hit the floor as it's so marginal when precisely he is no longer the ball carrier (it's split seconds).

I say it's good tactics. They nullified the Lions set pieces. If the Scarlets defend mauls like this next season and are not penalised would we complain? Maybe the All Blacks push the rule book to the limits. Well why not? Who can argue with their success?
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 7:16pm
Throw in wasn't straight to start with- I know no hooker throws the ball straight down the middle of the line out nowadays (including ours) but George is stood on the halfway line and AWJ catches the ball 2 foot inside his own half. Why bother competing on that?
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 8:12pm
sexton 10.farell,12.disaster waiting to happen.awj starting? .before people start having a go,awj is a fantastic player,a legend in modern day rugby,but I just feel ,after watching the 1st test,that this tour is one tour too many for alun.the power and the pace the allblacks brought to that match last week,awj just couldn't cope with it.he looked burnt out after 25mins.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

sexton 10.farell,12.disaster waiting to happen.awj starting? .before people start having a go,awj is a fantastic player,a legend in modern day rugby,but I just feel ,after watching the 1st test,that this tour is one tour too many for alun.the power and the pace the allblacks brought to that match last week,awj just couldn't cope with it.he looked burnt out after 25mins.

Apart from foxy and sanjay. compared to the sensational all blacks backs, this lions back lines looks about as dangerous as a daffodil
Ok Watson is decent but he wont get any change out of naholo
Gats has actually allowed the press to pick his team....On Tuesday he didnt bring on the substitutes, even though they were needed just to appease the furore over the ropey replacements. 
Its a shame north is out...Webb should be there over murray, scott williams is a better 12 than farrell, steff is scoring more tries than daley...
TBH I would rate the scarlets backline as better than this, which is pretty crazy

I dont think we have picked the best pack either

Edited by roy munster - 29 June 2017 at 11:47pm
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 2:32pm
Could be a 20-25 pointer or more, and, if so, I question whether we want Gatland back.

This tour had disaster written all over it, but his ego is so strong he wanted the challenge

Edited by Dafen Boy - 30 June 2017 at 2:33pm
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

could be 20-25 pointer, if so, I questionn whether we want Gatland back.

what we want is neither here nor there. He's contracted until 2019 thanks to Roger Lewis.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

could be 20-25 pointer, if so, I questionn whether we want Gatland back.

what we want is neither here nor there. He's contracted until 2019 thanks to Roger Lewis.

I am sure there is a walk away price, far less than is invested in Newport right now..
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 4:19pm

is this legal?

Yes,

immediate "sack" of the lineout. the Maul hadn't formed, it's all about the timing...
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 4:36pm
4 does come in from the side though
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

is this legal?

Yes,

immediate "sack" of the lineout. the Maul hadn't formed, it's all about the timing...

Indeed - I am baffled why teams don't do this more often - are they simply too dozy to get the timing right? It seems the most straightforward and obvious way to stop a maul rumble.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic