Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli RFC New Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Llanelli RFC New Signings
    Posted: 01 July 2018 at 7:26pm
Any news on who Llanelli. RFC have signed for the new season
Sponsored Links

Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 7:51pm
Disappointed, thought names had been released of new players joining Llanelli RFC! Thumbs Down
"YMA O HYD"
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 8:34pm
The  squad base will be substantially the same next season which is good and the 3 or so leavers all had good personal justification for moving on. The key is the allocation of  Scarlets Academy players and yet to be confirmed by the Region. The Academy top up and availability makes the difference. 

"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 8:43pm
Still important to let people know these things! With no sign of it this year or last year, and what Simon Thomas posted about the account a month or so ago, doesn’t seem to be a clear structure/long term strategy involved.
Social media is so important these days, annoying to see it seemingly neglected.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 10:07pm
   I fear for Llanelli RFC if they do not bring in experienced quality players in to there squad with  relegation for 4 teams this season .The RFC cannot rely to heavily on Scarlets Academy Players with Under23s,Wales 7s and Age Grade International call ups. as they will miss large parts of the season .

The core squad does not have the depth to  compete strongly in this division, with many Premiership Squads having added depth to there teams  for the coming season,admittedly the young RFC squad showed much improved form during the second half of last season when Emyr Phillips joined the coaching team a real shame he as left to Coach the Carmarthen Quins .
Red Army View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 2:10pm
< ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0" ="text/"> I think we have signed a Lock from Neath.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Red Army Red Army wrote:

< ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0" ="text/"> I think we have signed a Lock from Neath.
6' 7" it seems which is a good base to start from!
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 5:12pm
The U23 programme does bring a new dimension ( assuming it goes well).
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 6:52pm
Scarlets Academy welcomed new recruits - scrum half Luke Davies, wing Callum Williams and number 8 Carwyn Tuipulotu ,who looks a big powerful lad for the future.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 12:28pm
https://twitter.com/aberavonrfc/status/1014068322919436288?s=21
Look how good this is from Aberavon

Also if I’m correct announcing the signing of a few boys from Llanelli Matthew Jenkins being one? As well as Jack Morgan who was openside for Coleg Sir Gar last season and a Welsh u18s international though I don’t know if he ever turned out for Llanelli.

How hard is it to even get a list of players leaving done for the RFC?

Edited by minded - 03 July 2018 at 12:30pm
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 1:25pm

The Rfc website is a total embarrassing
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 10:16am
I am sure that details on the squad supplanted by Scarlets Academy players allocated for next season will be announced well before the season starts in September. I believe that the senior Regional coaching team led by Wayne is not fully back until next week and discussions on all this must obviously take place over the following  couple of weeks before any publication of squads. The introduction of the 'A' league will add a fresh challenge and dimension as well as opportunities. Remember we are not just one owner controlled like e.g the Wizards but have a very strong direct link into the Scarlets player career pathway. We are unique.

As an added matter it would also be great if anyone can propose any prospective sponsors for the RFC in and around the Llanelli area.This includes sponsors of players, Programme advertisers or kit sponsors.PM me and I shall pass it on. That would be really helpful to the RFC indeed. There are a range of packages.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 1:43pm
I used to be a regular RFC supporter but sadly fixtures now are a less attractive proposition than they used to be. Sure it gives more opportunities for local players who get called in but the lack of consistency in team selection and the subsequent failure to compete on a level playing field with others sides is a put off. The failure to be able to compete properly in the Welsh Cup is a tragedy, especially considering our fine history in that competition.

Throw in an under 23's period of rugby as well and the problem is compounded it seems to me.

I just don't know where this is going to be honest. 

Don't ask me what the solution is, I'm struggling to even understand the problem. I just know that I didn't see many RFC games last year, scheduling was another issue. But I have to be honest my interest in watching them is waning.

Sad as I used to get so much pleasure in watching the likes of Cawdor, Foxy, Priestland, Samson, Jordan etc etc. come through the ranks. I wonder also how players can develop as well in a team that has few experienced players around them and as a result is in general not competitive.  

Not knocking the fine people involved with the club, but just being honest from a supporters perspective.

Edited by Tim Opolis - 04 July 2018 at 1:45pm
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

I used to be a regular RFC supporter but sadly fixtures now are a less attractive proposition than they used to be. Sure it gives more opportunities for local players who get called in but the lack of consistency in team selection and the subsequent failure to compete on a level playing field with others sides is a put off. The failure to be able to compete properly in the Welsh Cup is a tragedy, especially considering our fine history in that competition.

Throw in an under 23's period of rugby as well and the problem is compounded it seems to me.

I just don't know where this is going to be honest. 

Don't ask me what the solution is, I'm struggling to even understand the problem. I just know that I didn't see many RFC games last year, scheduling was another issue. But I have to be honest my interest in watching them is waning.

Sad as I used to get so much pleasure in watching the likes of Cawdor, Foxy, Priestland, Samson, Jordan etc etc. come through the ranks. I wonder also how players can develop as well in a team that has few experienced players around them and as a result is in general not competitive.  

Not knocking the fine people involved with the club, but just being honest from a supporters perspective.

couldn't agree more.
The last time there was any sort of consistency in selection was back when the backline consisted of josh lewis, steve shingler, steff hughes, kyle evans, Kristian Phillips, steff evans and the pack I think would have had lewis rawlins, Kirby myhill, dan thomas etc.

There has been very little consistency since then really which is bound to have a hit on performance v well drilled sides who train and play consistently together.
Even Quins and Drovers have a backbone to their side where if they were given a regional player it was a bonus. I don't think Llanelli RFC for whatever reason can do that. 

It does however seem to be growing more and more to coleg sir gar & academy boys so I expect the Llanelli RFC squad to be a real mix of 17-23 year olds hoping to impress to be part of the u23 set up. But hopefully there will at least be a back bone to the side.
But when they will come up against sides who love to be big fishes in a VERY little pond, it could make miserable viewing.

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 5:57pm
The league will not be split next season into East and West conferences so all sides will be seen at the Parc    
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 9:33pm

Although it is understandable ,Llanelli Rfc are getting outbid for players and coaches by other feeder teams in the Scarlets Region .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic