Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LLANELLI V CARDIFF ON SATURDAY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LLANELLI V CARDIFF ON SATURDAY
    Posted: 30 November 2016 at 10:27pm
NOTE THIS FROM THE LLANELLI WEBSITE EVERYONE-COME DOWN AND WATCH LLANELLI THIS WEEKEND!

Sat 3rd December Llanelli RFC v Cardiff RFC kick off 2.30pm.Some might say 'proper rugby time'

"We're once again in Principality Premiership action this weekend. On Saturday afternoon we host the Blue & Blacks Cardiff RFC in what is likely to be a really exciting clash. As always a warm welcome awaits everyone who can come along to Parc-y-Scarlets for our penultimate home fixture before the league splits. 
We got back to winning ways at the Gnoll last week with an extremely good bonus point win. A good all round first half display really did the damage against Neath. And whilst the home side came out guns blazing in the second period the boys had enough guile and ability to keep Neath at arms length. There's still a lot to work on though and I'm sure Adam and his squad will be working on those areas this week ahead of this fixture with Cardiff. With just the four league games to go before the split, if we are to stand any chance of making the top eight then another win is vital. Yes, it might be a long shot, but there is still a lot of rugby to be played and you never know 'sport is a funny old game at times"!
Our visitors Cardiff lie in 9th spot in the Premiership table so have their sights well and truly on a top eight finish. They've put together some really good performances over the last month or so, beating the Quins and Cross Keys at the Arms Park and a couple of weeks ago they turned over the then league leaders Aberavon on their patch. So, they will come to the "Parc" looking to pile further pressure on the sides currently sitting in that top eight. Whether you agree with the league format or not, a win for the visitors strengthens their position whilst a home win will keep us in with an outside chance of that eighth spot - so a lot riding on this game then eh!
In recent seasons our games with Cardiff have produced some high scoring, close matches and we could be in for another come Saturday. I'm sure both sides will be looking to score tries and play some entertaining stuff so why not take a break from the Xmas shop and come along to catch some really exciting semi pro action.
Just one other point to mention,  match day tickets will be sold from the Reception area on the usual cash only basis and everyone will be guided to the Phil Bennett Lounge ( not the Quinnell Lounge ) for entry " 

Out of interest folks, this is due to Xmas Party bookings in the Quinnell Lounge, which is good to see as it brings in income, and supporters can either watch the game from seats outside the Phil Bennett Debenture Holders Lounge or be directed down to the usual seating outside the Quinnell Lounge. Spoilt for choice!

Sponsored Links

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 9:24am
£6 for season ticket holders ... worth it !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 10:49am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

£6 for season ticket holders ... worth it !
And only £3 for Season Ticket Holders who are seniors (over 60)! 
OwainLlanedi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwainLlanedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 12:59pm
"Some might say 'proper rugby' time" - I'm curious as to the meaning of that?
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 1:28pm
Kick off time.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by OwainLlanedi OwainLlanedi wrote:

I think the placement of the second apostrophe alters the meaning a bit.. 'proper rugby' time against  'proper rugby time'.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

I think the placement of the second apostrophe alters the meaning a bit.. 'proper rugby' time against  'proper rugby time'.

or even a keystroke error.. to err is human but to forgive divine ....Embarrassed Anyway,  2.30pm Saturday is a more traditional KO time in the Premiership on a Saturday so hopefully there will be a reasonable turn out of the locals.
OwainLlanedi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwainLlanedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

or even a keystroke error.. to err is human but to forgive divine ....Embarrassed Anyway,  2.30pm Saturday is a more traditional KO time in the Premiership on a Saturday so hopefully there will be a reasonable turn out of the locals.

Fair enough - my misunderstanding. Hope there's a good crowd along.
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 9:24pm
LLANELLI RFC PRINCIPALITY PREMIERSHIP TEAM 3/12/16
01/12/2016
Llanelli RFC Team v Cardiff RFC @ Parc Y Scarlets Sat 3rd December 2016 k.off 2.30pm

15.Leon Randell
14.Dion Jones
13.Nathan Edwards
12.Jonny Lewis
11.Ryan Conbeer
10.Billy McBryde
9.Declan Smith
8.Jack Condy
7.Owain Morgan
6.Tom Phillips
5.Rynier Bernardo
4.Adam Powell (capt)
3.Nicky Thomas
2.Taylor Davies
1.Rhys Fawcett
16.Dan Jacobs
17.Richard Bassett
18.Simon Gardiner
19.Ed Curtis
20.Nathan Hart
21.Matthew Flanagan
22.Ioan Hughes
23.Paul Davies
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 9:56pm
Great team, really looking forward to this one.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 9:35pm
Another loss today, shame. Difficult to pin point where we went wrong today. Missed first up tackles, a lack of direction in offence perhaps and a loose kicking game. Aspects of our play are good especially up front. Guess its a lack of experience behind. Condy good again but picked up another knock, played on but wasnt quite right.

2 tries for Conbeer, first was a solo side stepping effort and the second a fantastic supporting run to get onto an inside pass following a great break by Declan Smith. Both quality tries. Got to pinch yourself to remember he's only 17. Lots to learn of course, but there's a hint of Ieuan Evans about him, there, Ive said it.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 11:38pm
Frustrating.... dominated the scrum but no win as you would then expect. Poor decision taking,in key moments.The talent is there but .........
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 8:54am
Well despite a loss your reports are very encouraging. Pack seems to be going well. The young backs will learn to turn that into wins. I keep liking what I hear about this lad Conbeer. Tim you really have cranked up my expectations - Ieuan my giddy aunt. 
Hendre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 10:12am
Given the amount of regionally contracted players in both sides that was a disappointingly poor performance by both teams. No excuses
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 10:52am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well despite a loss your reports are very encouraging. Pack seems to be going well. The young backs will learn to turn that into wins. I keep liking what I hear about this lad Conbeer. Tim you really have cranked up my expectations - Ieuan my giddy aunt. 

There are similarities in stature and ability. The highlights will be on Scrum V today perhaps, but definately on S4C during the week. Have a look at him. Ive seen enough of him to suggest he has the chance of being a Scarlet with a long career. Still young mind as Ive said with a lot to learn but he is a natural runner with a great side step and he's deceiptively quick.

Seen a lot of lads with talent like this turn out for the rfc over the years, some like Jordan who perhaps had the most ability didnt quite fullfil potential, Kyle another. But some like Scott, Cawdor, Foxy, Samson, Ben Morgan, Sanjay etc went all the way to test rugby.

Great fun watching these guys come through and Llanelli always adhere to the development template. The league now though is stocked with bigger budgeted clubs who have a differant agenda (and I'm not having a pop at them there, its just that's how those clubs see it and they will still produce players albeit perhaps at a lesser number per club?).

Dont like watching the rfc lose but understand that we are exposing youngsters to senior rugby. One small concern I'd have is as some clubs teams get more professional and stock their squad with many big mature men in their late twenties early thirties there is bigger risk of injury involved in exposing 17 to 19 years olds to these guys.

There we go, nice afternoon again in cracking facilities, the RFC are doing well with these innovations  and in amongst some frustrating play plenty to keep the viewer interested, for me that was keeping an eye on Ryan.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 1:05pm
You have been a very consisitent advocate of this young man's ability & the once I saw him he was electric. I am looking foward to seeing him, Ioan & Baldwin amongst other backs progress. Our conveyor belt is still working thank goodness. Wyn, Ryan, Josh & Will are first team forwards brought through in the last 24 months. Long may it continue. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic