Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli v Pontypool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
UNDEFEATED ARMY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nm2jonathann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 6:30pm
So your judging someone on one game???
Sponsored Links

Pan handle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"These gloves are sh*t, man."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by nm2jonathann nm2jonathann wrote:

Yes i am, Im not saying Duley had a bad game far from it. im just saying that he wont worry wyatt at this stage wyatt has been awesome this season it would take hell of a player to make the team above him and i dont think Duley is that player AT THIS STAGE. You lot are all ready to axe people when they make judgements on new signings arnt you!!!!

Edited by Pan handle
nm2jonathann View Drop Down
UNDEFEATED ARMY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nm2jonathann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 6:51pm

Not me!! You lot????? I know and you know that he wont be taking Wyatt's shirt next season, but as i said you cant judge someone on one game!

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 6:54pm

I'm not judging him on one game, I just thought he wasn't that good. I hope he proves me wrong but he's not a patch on Big Vern or Wyatt, yet!

Through Thick And Thin!
Pan handle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"These gloves are sh*t, man."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 6:56pm

Not me!! You lot????? I know and you know that he wont be taking Wyatt's shirt next season, but as i said you cant judge someone on one game!

Why not?

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 6:57pm

how do we know?  for all we know wyatt could have a rubbish next season, form is an unpredictable thing........

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 9:10pm
it was a good performance by all the players, duley included imo.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 9:47pm
Wyatt's form RECENTLY has been very impressive, IMO. Why was he dropped to the semi pro side earlier in the year, around the time we played Newbridge?? Because he was lacking in form. 

At the end of the day, competition for places must be healthy, because comfort zones are not very welcome at Stradey I feel. What we need is a competitive squad competing for evry single place on that starting XV. What happened if Wyatt or Cooper were unable to play in one particular game?? Duley may be called up, and if he hadn't had match practice, he'd be very rusty, and some would be saying "Oh I wish Duley had been playing some semi pro rugby, so his match fitness would be up to scratch." What with the possibility of us playing in the HC next year, we want/need cover for every position, hence the signing of Hottie Louw to go alongside Duley, and Wyatt and Coops. Hence the signing of Popham (almost signing then, don't think it's been 100% confirmed yet, has it?), to go alongsid all the other back rows we've got.
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
nm2jonathann View Drop Down
UNDEFEATED ARMY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nm2jonathann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 8:32am

Originally posted by Pedro Diniz Pedro Diniz wrote:

Wyatt's form RECENTLY has been very impressive, IMO. Why was he dropped to the semi pro side earlier in the year, around the time we played Newbridge?? Because he was lacking in form. 

At the end of the day, competition for places must be healthy, because comfort zones are not very welcome at Stradey I feel. What we need is a competitive squad competing for evry single place on that starting XV. What happened if Wyatt or Cooper were unable to play in one particular game?? Duley may be called up, and if he hadn't had match practice, he'd be very rusty, and some would be saying "Oh I wish Duley had been playing some semi pro rugby, so his match fitness would be up to scratch." What with the possibility of us playing in the HC next year, we want/need cover for every position, hence the signing of Hottie Louw to go alongside Duley, and Wyatt and Coops. Hence the signing of Popham (almost signing then, don't think it's been 100% confirmed yet, has it?), to go alongsid all the other back rows we've got.

Thank You Pedro!!!

Dewi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dewi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Lino Lino wrote:

I'm not judging him on one game, I just thought he wasn't that good. I hope he proves me wrong but he's not a patch on Big Vern or Wyatt, yet!

I did`nt think he had a good game either, maybe he needs a couple of games to get settled in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic