Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mcnicholl called up now .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 7:27am
Its time we just had the chance to fill.the squad with foreign non international risk players.we can't win anything the way things are now 
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Its time we just had the chance to fill.the squad with foreign non international risk players.we can't win anything the way things are now 
Or it's high time the regions got together as one and stood up to the WRU because if we are having to take out bank loans to secure our future the union aren't fit as a governing body.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 7:55am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Or it's high time the regions got together as one and stood up to the WRU because if we are having to take out bank loans to secure our future the union aren't fit as a governing body.

Spot on and as Fscarlet pointed out as usual because of the strength of the English teams Eddie yesterday released back to the clubs all but 25 players. Now they are going back to 5-6 clubs many of whom have had covid issues recently - Wasps, Sale & Leicester. My question is what the hell is the difference. 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 8:58am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Spot on and as Fscarlet pointed out as usual because of the strength of the English teams Eddie yesterday released back to the clubs all but 25 players. Now they are going back to 5-6 clubs many of whom have had covid issues recently - Wasps, Sale & Leicester. My question is what the hell is the difference. 

There is the actual risk of doing something and the perceived risk of doing it. Both change with time. Pivac obviously sees the risk of sending players back to their clubs differently to Jones. But then Pivac also has changed his attitude from a few months ago because of the pressure he is under. Then he was talking about the team bubble being unbreakable because of what there is to lose in terms of money if matches had to be cancelled (Fiji). 

What has happened this week is a sign of the pressure on him. If we lose against Georgia....
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 9:05am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

There is the actual risk of doing something and the perceived risk of doing it. Both change with time. Pivac obviously sees the risk of sending players back to their clubs differently to Jones. But then Pivac also has changed his attitude from a few months ago because of the pressure he is under. Then he was talking about the team bubble being unbreakable because of what there is to lose in terms of money if matches had to be cancelled (Fiji). 

What has happened this week is a sign of the pressure on him. If we lose against Georgia....

Yes you are correct - Pivac is clearly & understandably feeling the pressure as evidenced by his continuing strange selections & call ups. Surely none of us, even the most disenchanted like me, are not seriously considering a defeat to Georgia?????
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 9:08am

Look who are people kidding on here, the players would not be released, simple as .

They are kept in the jail of Glamorgan week on week holding tackle bags, many not played in 7 weeks .

I fear for all the Region's future, unless they all get together and stand up to the WRU dictatorship.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 9:20am

Yes you are correct - Pivac is clearly & understandably feeling the pressure as evidenced by his continuing strange selections & call ups. Surely none of us, even the most disenchanted like me, are not seriously considering a defeat to Georgia?????

Not sure these 2 are strange call ups as Mcnicholl was originally in the squad & Botham was called up ahead of Basham & Ollie Griffiths because they were not able to be called up as they (& the rest of the Dragons) are on enforced non training...

His selections remain a lot to be desired meanwhile.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I  watched Wales on Friday,Scarlets on Saturday.I,'ve no idea how McNicholl would have fared,had he played against Ireland,but I'm absolutely certain that our first two tries on Saturday,and possibly our third,would not have been scored if Halfpenny was playing.Maybe Pivac and Jones have now realised that you have to pick a pacey full-back if you want to play attacking football.
Yet more evidence of the mess that is Welsh professional rugby union.

Why, oh why, do you feel the need to have a totally gratuitous pop at Halfpenny, who has been one of our - and Wales's - better players this Autumn? Did he nick your girlfriend?

As for the technicalities of your comment - the Conbeer tries depended on (1) excellent long passes off the left hand by Dan Jones (2) decent link play by Jonny - which Halfpenny may or may not have been able to reproduce, but I would not bet against it, and (3) excellent finishing by Conbeer... in other words, although crucial I think Jonny's contribution was less important than that of Dan and Conbeer.

If anything, the one try he definitely made himself was the Blacker one - he was mainly the architect of that one for sure.

But my point is this - Halfpenny and MacNicholl are both superb players, who I'm delighted to see playing for the Scarlets. You don't get me coming on here and saying - oh, MacNicholl missed that tackle, which Halfpenny would have made in his sleep. So, why do you feel the need to knock one in order to build up the other?

They are both Scarlets, and both great players, FFS!

Edited by aber-fan - 19 November 2020 at 1:34pm
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I  watched Wales on Friday,Scarlets on Saturday.I,'ve no idea how McNicholl would have fared,had he played against Ireland,but I'm absolutely certain that our first two tries on Saturday,and possibly our third,would not have been scored if Halfpenny was playing.Maybe Pivac and Jones have now realised that you have to pick a pacey full-back if you want to play attacking football.

Why, oh why, do you feel the need to have a totally gratuitous pop at Halfpenny, who has been one of our - and Wales's - better players this Autumn? Did he nick your girlfriend?

As for the technicalities of your comment - the Conbeer tries depended on (1) excellent long passes off the left hand by Dan Jones (2) decent link play by Jonny - which Halfpenny may or may not have been able to reproduce, but I would not bet against it, and (3) excellent finishing by Conbeer... in other words, although crucial I think Jonny's contribution was less important than that of Dan and Conbeer.

If anything, the one try he definitely made himself was the Blacker one - he was mainly the architect of that one for sure.

But my point is this - Halfpenny and MacNicholl are both superb players, who I'm delighted to see playing for the Scarlets. You don't get me coming on here and saying - oh, MacNicholl missed that tackle, which Halfpenny would have made in his sleep. So, why do you feel the need to knock one in order to build up the other?

Having a pop,granted,but not gratuitously.I believe a full-back should be fast,whoever he is.I'm not building up Machnicholl,either.Those tries were an illustration,as was one in the previous fixture,of what we lack when Halfpenny plays at full-back i.e pace.)For me,this outweighs his other attributes:for you,it doen't.A philosophical difference.Vive la différence!
My girlfriend assures me she's not interested in Halfpenny.(too young,thankfully)

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 19 November 2020 at 1:54pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Having a pop,granted,but not gratuitously.I believe a full-back should be fast,whoever he is.I'm not building up Machnicholl,either.Those tries were an illustration,as was one in the previous fixture,of what we lack when Halfpenny plays at full-back i.e pace.)For me,this outweighs his other attributes:for you,it doen't.A philosophical difference.Vive la différence!
My girlfriend assures me she's not interested in Halfpenny.(too young,thankfully)

Thank you for your very civil reply... I'd still prefer it, though, if you could simply praise the players you like without having a downer on those you don't rate - if they are Scarlets.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic