Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More Oomph From The P.A.?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Oomph From The P.A.?
    Posted: 21 January 2005 at 8:20pm
just watching the ospreys game and it struck me at how loud the pa guy was and how he got the crowd going. i used to think it was a bit tacky but my opinion has changed. when he 'shouted' when the ospreys scored it was a kind of 'we've scored so there' type of arrogance about it. something i find intimidating.

we have mild mannered eldon phillips with the microphone that always cuts up, and monroe who says the scores in a gentlemanish way most of the time.

does anyone else think someone who tries to egg on the crowd and actually sounds ecstatic when a try is scored would be better?
Sponsored Links

P Davies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P Davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 9:15pm

To be honest, I don't believe it makes any difference whatsover.  The Blues have a very loud PA and that hasn't made the Arms Park particularly intimidating and raised the performance of the side.  In fact, I find the PAs at the Ospreys and the Blues to be very cheesy.  We at Stradey Park, with a different culture and tradition to the other regions, have always created our own very Welsh atmosphere through singing of 'Sosban Fach' and 'Yma o Hyd'.  The fans will not get going if the team aren't performimg.  Its as simple as that.  All our team announcements by Monroe are bilingual and thats the way it should stay.

We might not be doing very well on the field this season, but this is no reason to start dismantling the culture of this great region. Lets be proud! 

Are we going to suggest cheerleaders at half time next???

Edited by P Davies
MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by P Davies P Davies wrote:

Thats already been suggested

Through Thick And Thin!
romeo2bravo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romeo2bravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 9:37am

To be honest, I don't believe it makes any difference whatsover.  The Blues have a very loud PA and that hasn't made the Arms Park particularly intimidating and raised the performance of the side.  In fact, I find the PAs at the Ospreys and the Blues to be very cheesy.  We at Stradey Park, with a different culture and tradition to the other regions, have always created our own very Welsh atmosphere through singing of 'Sosban Fach' and 'Yma o Hyd'.  The fans will not get going if the team aren't performimg.  Its as simple as that.  All our team announcements by Monroe are bilingual and thats the way it should stay.

We might not be doing very well on the field this season, but this is no reason to start dismantling the culture of this great region. Lets be proud! 

To be perfectly honest our culture has already started to be dismantled, following the banning of the Kids from the pitch at half time...

The petition in support of the "Let the Kids Play", which attracted over 1500 signatures, was never handed in to the Carmarthenshire Council.  This was due to restrictions placed on those responsible....those restrictions are now GONE!!!

I will now fight Tooth & Nail to ensure that whatever traditions we have left at Stradey will remain, and ensure ALL Supporters voices/questions will now be heard...and answered truthfully.

I will also continue to fight to get the Kids back unto the pitch.

Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 11:02am

In fact, I find the PAs at the Ospreys and the Blues to be very cheesy......
.....Are we going to suggest cheerleaders at half time next???

Yes, very Cheesey. I laughed at that Jack on the tannoy in the Ospreys match . They might want to fix the PA at Stradey though, the sound quality is a bit crap! Maybe some different tunes now and again might not go astray. As for cheerleaders, waht a great idea, although it might distract the players. Saying that, our defence could hardly get any worse. In fact, maybe the cheerleaders could play in the backline?

Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 11:04am

Originally posted by romeo2bravo romeo2bravo wrote:

The petition in support of the "Let the Kids PTo be perfectly honest our culture has already started to be lay", which attracted over 1500 signatures, was never handed in to the Carmarthenshire Council.  This was due to restrictions placed on those responsible....those restrictions are now GONE!!!

Why exactly wasn't it handed in?

Edited by Gary Coleman
Jerry Dammers View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 11:46am
You should see where he picked it up from............
romeo2bravo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romeo2bravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Gary Coleman Gary Coleman wrote:

The petition in support of the "Let the Kids PTo be perfectly honest our culture has already started to be lay", which attracted over 1500 signatures, was never handed in to the Carmarthenshire Council.  This was due to restrictions placed on those responsible....those restrictions are now GONE!!!

All will become clearer following the 29th January 2005...
Success is reserved for those who are persistent, so don't be afraid to show up with good intentions and the willingness to work hard to realize your dreams.
Emma View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 1:10pm
we could try, for different matches, having the fans commentating, that way they get the crowd going and be estatic when we score and it wuld be hysterical, bring a good atmosphere there
There ain't no lovin' like West Virginia lovin'
Jerry Dammers View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 1:52am

I'll get the ball rolling, why not?

Someone went to pick up the petition re:the pitch ban, it couldn't be found for a while, then it turned up, it was in (have a guess!).

I'll ask one question, this question is mine, and nothing to do with admin/mods of this site:

Do the Scarlets really care what the fan on the terrace thinks?

I'll mention a lyric I posted in another thread

"The public wants what the public gets................"

Edited by mr lloyd evans
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 10:57am
Originally posted by mr lloyd evans mr lloyd evans wrote:

I'll get the ball rolling, why not?

Someone went to pick up the petition re:the pitch ban, it couldn't be found for a while, then it turned up, it was in the rubbish bin.

I'll ask one question, this question is mine, and nothing to do with admin/mods of this site:

Do the Scarlets really care what the fan on the terrace thinks?

I'll mention a lyric I posted in another thread

"The public wants what the public gets................"

No ( but I could have told you that before this)

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 3:31pm

"Do the Scarlets really care what the fan on the terrace thinks?"

The measures taken to ensure we stood alone and maintained our brand at the highest level suggests they do.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

The measures taken to ensure we stood alone and maintained our brand at the highest level suggests they do.

b))lloks. they took that decision to save their pocket.... the board of this club couldn't give a poo to the fans of this club as long as they continue to come through the turnstiles......... If that was the case Mike then the powers that be would be talking to the director of rugby and HIS coaches and saying that these performances aren't GOOD enough and they are loosing fans.....

Thought you couldn't be bothered to debate on this forum:
"I've given up taking debate on this forum seriously."

Edited by salmidach
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

b))lloks. they took that decision to save their pocket.... the board of this club couldn't give a poo to the fans of this club as long as they continue to come through the turnstiles......... If that was the case Mike then the powers that be would be talking to the director of rugby and HIS coaches and saying that these performances aren't GOOD enough and they are loosing fans.....

I'm 'debating' again now for the pure comedy value that the post above and the nonsense about shareholders voting are providing for me!

The staff at the Club wanted to stand alone "to save their pocket". Can you explain that gem to me? You are surely not suggesting that the likes of SG, GJ, ND etc would not have had a job at a merged region?

Keep the entertainment coming anyway.

s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 7:05pm

I'm 'debating' again now for the pure comedy value that the post above and the nonsense about shareholders voting are providing for me!

The staff at the Club wanted to stand alone "to save their pocket". Can you explain that gem to me? You are surely not suggesting that the likes of SG, GJ, ND etc would not have had a job at a merged region?

I doubt very much if SG would have had a job and ND would not have. It doesn`t really matter about GJ because he thought he was getting the Wales job so why start another job to leave a few months later.

Also, even if the above 3 had been employed in a merged region, there is no way that 2 of them ( SG & GJ) would have had any where near the total control that they have at the moment.

To conclude, Llanelli were never going to merge with swansea or neath. It was never on from the start. We were always going to stand alone and SG knew this only too well.

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 7:48pm

Jenkins is an absolute control freak. he has to have control of absolute everything, the reason why he didn't get the welsh job. don't think cuddy and co would have been happy to work under such a coach. what with all the "other" deals going on around the offices, you don't honestly think the scarlets get their carpets from other sources do you? sg caprets... station road.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic