Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moriarty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 6:22pm
Career suicide if Moriarty joins the Dragons. If those players that Wil mentioned do join them, then that will definitely be an upgrade for them and should make them more competitive for longer parts of the season. Moriarty, however, is substantially more than an upgrade.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Sponsored Links

Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Career suicide if Moriarty joins the Dragons. If those players that Wil mentioned do join them, then that will definitely be an upgrade for them and should make them more competitive for longer parts of the season. Moriarty, however, is substantially more than an upgrade.

I can't imagine why he would want to go there, virtually no other internationals and certainly no other Lions
Sosban89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

I can't imagine why he would want to go there, virtually no other internationals and certainly no other Lions

well I guess it could be hard to stand out in a team likely to lose almost every game.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 7:44pm
One question we should ask....A---should all the better players be in one club
                                             B----is it good for Wales & Scarlets or in fact any one of the two.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 7:49pm
Hadn't is next door to Gloucester. No need for him to relocate. Nice domestic option for him. It's a long way to Llanelli.
Keep the faith
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 7:50pm
I typed in Gwent and this stupid computer changed it to hadn't.πŸ™„
Keep the faith
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 8:01pm
I really don't care about the Dragons they are disgrace to professional rugby now they are being given preferential treatment it's even worse.
They should be wound up I don't care if the whole of the Welsh side pays at one region if they have developed the players and bought well then all well and good but you shouldn't be penalised for being succesful at bringing players into the international game.
With grass roots teams struggling financially the WRU throwing money at the Dragons makes it even more sickening.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Drags have signed Rhodri W and Jarryd Sage,they have Bevington and Jordan W lined up, these are clear signs of funding and intent and upgrades on what they have. They have a clutch of decent youngsters too.

I'm just saying.

Bevington spends an awful lot of time injured and is a ropey scrummager. Jordan, for all his wonderful running and ball skills, has no appetite for defending. They're not particularly good signings.

If Moriarty decides to join them over us it'll be clear something fishy is going on. It would be inexplicable.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 9:03pm
Over the last few years the management and coaches have said that we want players who want to play for the Scarlets. If Ross wants to play for the Scarlets then I'd be delighted if he signs for us. He's an animal in rugby terms and will always be a fans favourite wherever he plays.

If he choses the Dragons over us, then c'est la vie.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Gwyn Morgan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyn Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 9:07pm
We can't play in a weak league full of meaningless fixtures against no-hopers. We neglect our opponents at our peril. It is nice to be top dogs in Wales but ultimately self
-defeating. Superficially it appears that Dragons are our rivals. Only on the pitch. Not off it. Off the pitch our rivals are Swansea City, Xbox games, the cinema... Our value to floating fans and to broadcasters is directly linked to the quality of the product we sell each week. Glasgow Celtic win every year and the value of the league continues to decline. Meanwhile every team in the EPL is among the richest in the world because they never allowed a duopoly to develop like that in Glasgow. The NFL draft is not meritocratic, it does not serve to strengthen the strongest team. It has a bigger purpose.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Moriarty seems to be a bit marmite on here. Some see him as the answer to our carrying problems at 8 whereas others see him as a blindside who will struggle to get in ahead of Shingler and who will be missing for vast swathes of time.

As usually is the case I think the reality is somewhere in the middle.

He would definitely offer a bigger carrying game than any of our other back rowers but isn't destructive in the same way that a Nick Williams or Nathan Hughes might be. His greatest asset is his big gain line defence game, he would fit in well to the 3rd man rush defence we employ.

In the back row we don't really operate with the numbers on jerseys defining roles, roles are defined by what players are good at so I don't particularly see the 6/8 debate as relevant.

If he came to us he would be asked to run first up carries similar to the way Ball operates currently and in defence he'd be another 3rd man rusher. With Beirne leaving we need a rusher so that would work well.

It is however, undeniable that availability is an issue. I would rather sign a non international as this window is proving that we are going to really struggle to put together an experienced line-up during the window with the increased number of call ups we are getting.

If the NDC terms make him cheaper than decent non international players then he's probably a good signing, if this isn't the case then I'd question the rationale.
Can’t disagree with any of that. Good summing up as usual.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 11:42pm
What happens if we buy him on a NDC, put a number 6 on his back, a number 8 on shingler's back and hope the thick poos who run the national team don't realise we're actually playing him at 8. Just a thought 😁😁
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

What happens if we buy him on a NDC, put a number 6 on his back, a number 8 on shingler's back and hope the thick poos who run the national team don't realise we're actually playing him at 8. Just a thought 😁😁

But other than packing down at the Scrum what difference is there between the way 6 and 8 play now for Scarlets or even for Wales? None imo.so it won't be an issue
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 9:24am

But other than packing down at the Scrum what difference is there between the way 6 and 8 play now for Scarlets or even for Wales? None as far as I can see.so it won't be an issue
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

But other than packing down at the Scrum what difference is there between the way 6 and 8 play now for Scarlets or even for Wales? None as far as I can see.so it won't be an issue

My point exactly. But Gatland wants a number 6 on his back.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 10:01am
We need an abrasive carrier. I don't care if he wears 6 or 8
Supporter of the evil region against the gallant union
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic