Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Movie Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movie Thread
    Posted: 04 February 2013 at 2:15pm
Is there one? There should be one. Watched a few cracking movies in recent months.

Just saw "Argo". Brilliant story and Ben Affleck has got to be one of the most talented Hollywood directors at the moment. Also impressed by:

Headhunters
Tyrannosaur
Snowtown
Animal Kingdom
Searching for Sugarman
Into the Abyss
Sound of my Voice
Catfish
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 6:14pm
Should be one.

Those are all fine films. Posted about searching for Sugarman in music.

Watched a few old films recently.

Bone Collector
Da Vinci Code (people hate it but I don't mind it!)
Sleepy Hollow
Ninth Gate
Dracula
Seven

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 5:23am
Django Unchained.
Some of that just cracked me up...scene pre KKK days where idiots used to put flour bags with cuts in it just creased me up...
The usual Tarantinio stuff of death by gorey endings, but balanced by so much humour along the way.
Went on a little long but thoroughly watchable.
Acutally found myself liking Di Caprio in this. Shoots and chops up more than most in the film but still somehow comes across as a good guy. Odd.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 5:33am
7 Psychopaths...some good bits. Woody Harrelson particularly. Colin Farell plays himself (not really, but he does)

One for the kids is Dispicable Me (spelling)...I watch it with them- some of it cracks me up tbh..

When I'm on a plane (which is a chuffin lot mun) and there's naff all on my default setting for a film from the 'Classics/Golden/Did you miss?' section will be one of:-
-Good Will Hunting
-Any Given Sunday
-Mississippi Burning
-Any Spaghetti Western

*CAUTION*
Had to ensure the following pish for the Mrs recently though..

Salmon fishing in the Yemen (mam fach..MsGregor how low can you go son)

Breaking Dawn 2 (there's only so many times a sheet white person can turn in to a wolf and be interesting).

Edited by Wil Chips - 05 February 2013 at 5:38am
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2013 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Should be one.

Those are all fine films. Posted about searching for Sugarman in music.

Watched a few old films recently.

Bone Collector
Da Vinci Code (people hate it but I don't mind it!)
Sleepy Hollow
Ninth Gate
Dracula
Seven

Love the music in the Da Vinci Code, agree with chips on Despicable me looking forward to no 2...cracks me up as well.....

Seven leaves an impression....

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
9331101972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9331101972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2013 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Django Unchained.
Some of that just cracked me up...scene pre KKK days where idiots used to put flour bags with cuts in it just creased me up...
The usual Tarantinio stuff of death by gorey endings, but balanced by so much humour along the way.
Went on a little long but thoroughly watchable.
Acutally found myself liking Di Caprio in this. Shoots and chops up more than most in the film but still somehow comes across as a good guy. Odd.

Dead  Mmmm don't pay any money to see it but it might help you recover from one of our worst displays at Parc y Scarlets
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 12:08am
Watched Argo on Sunday, it's a good film but reading wiki it makes you realise how beefed up its been for Hollywood. So in that sense he's very talented at bending the facts to make the story more interesting/tense.

Also watched Total Recall remake last night, its not as bad as reviews have made out, maybe i went into it with low expectations and came out more satisfied because of it.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 7:13am
Originally posted by m1nd3d m1nd3d wrote:

Watched Argo on Sunday, it's a good film but reading wiki it makes you realise how beefed up its been for Hollywood. So in that sense he's very talented at bending the facts to make the story more interesting/tense.

Also watched Total Recall remake last night, its not as bad as reviews have made out, maybe i went into it with low expectations and came out more satisfied because of it.

The remake of recall was good i thought, but the original one is superb.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 9:09am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Is there one? There should be one. Watched a few cracking movies in recent months.

Just saw "Argo". Brilliant story and Ben Affleck has got to be one of the most talented Hollywood directors at the moment. Also impressed by:

Headhunters
Tyrannosaur
Snowtown
Animal Kingdom
Searching for Sugarman
Into the Abyss
Sound of my Voice
Catfish

Don't get out much at the moment, so movie watching has to be on TV.

Have you seen the absolutely brilliant "Man on Wire", which tells the story of a French daredevil who, with friends, surreptitiously set up a wire between the twin towers in New York, and walked it? It was made by the same guys as 'Searching for Sugarman' - I think both films won documentary Oscars.

Otherwise - caught the darkly humorous 'In Bruges' not long ago - excellent.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 9:15am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Have you seen the absolutely brilliant "Man on Wire", which tells the story of a French daredevil who, with friends, surreptitiously set up a wire between the twin towers in New York, and walked it? It was made by the same guys as 'Searching for Sugarman' - I think both films won documentary Oscars.

Both good. I watched man on wire about a month ago, while its good, I'd say it's a little over-rated by film critics, who all seem to score it 10/10 for some reason. In Bruges is good for a dark laugh.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Both good. I watched man on wire about a month ago, while its good, I'd say it's a little over-rated by film critics, who all seem to score it 10/10 for some reason. In Bruges is good for a dark laugh.

FWIW - I'd give it 10/10 too - it certainly brought a lump to my throat.

Probably, I'm just a bit more sentimental then you are!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic