Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Munster to rest Internationals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Munster to rest Internationals
    Posted: 13 March 2018 at 2:27pm

I have just read Munster will be resting there Internationals for our visit in a fortnight they will not return until Toulon a week later,if we pick a strong squad we can win this ...
Sponsored Links

diego6754 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 2:47pm
I think it would be sensible to field the majority of our internationals to reintegrate before the La Rochelle game. I'd be more tempted to rest them in rotation for the Glasgow, Edinburgh and Drags games. Especially as Edinburgh and Drags games could be dead rubbers as we could well sit in no mans land between 1st and 3rd.

May be rest Steff, Parkes and Cawdor who've played a lot of rugby, none of the rest of them have really been hammered by Wales though.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 3:01pm
The season is a balancing act from here on out, I really can't see us topping the pool at this point without Leinster slipping up so it's a difficult call, do they rest all internationals ahead of LR game or integrate them back risking injury at the possibility of a win? 

The other plus point of integrating is that the side will have played together once ahead of LR and hopefully aired out any rust, but it won't do much for the confidence if they still go on to lose in Munster.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 3:36pm
It needs to be remembered that most of our first choice players have been training and playing together with Wales all these past few weeks and although not all have played all the time I don't think they will be rusty. I know match condition is different of course.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 3:53pm
we play different way to wales and we will need the players to at least start the game I think to get us back into our plays. let the players get back into our coaching system.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 3:57pm
I'd consider starting Aled ahead of Cawdor, just based on game time.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 4:01pm
I think we need to pick our Rochelle starting 15 against munster to wash wales out of their system.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 4:11pm
totally agree ladram, at least for the 1st half then make changes afterwards
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 4:41pm
After the AI's we nearly lost at home to Benetton. By the following week we'd sorted things out and won comfortably. So I'd play ours bets 23 and rotate during the game.
DropOut22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DropOut22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 4:49pm
Going by what pivac has said previously about players taking time to get gatland out of their system. Id guess 3/4 will start v munster maybe 3/4 more on the bench and the rest will come in v la rochelle
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 5:02pm

Aside of Barclay would have all the others in our 23 if fit, they also have Farrell,Kleyne and Clote  out .
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 7:26pm
Got to be heading out there looking for the win, even if that means selecting a strong starting fifteen.
Scarlets: providers of the finest rugby since 1872.

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:05pm
12 points behind Glasgow, Munster probably feel that first spot is out of their grasp. They are 6 points ahead of Cheetahs, but with a game in hand. However that game is away to Edinburgh this Friday. If they lose that one they may change their minds about resting internationals against us.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:18pm
Think we all want Munster to win Friday. Help put Edinburgh further away from us too
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

12 points behind Glasgow, Munster probably feel that first spot is out of their grasp. They are 6 points ahead of Cheetahs, but with a game in hand. However that game is away to Edinburgh this Friday. If they lose that one they may change their minds about resting internationals against us.

Irish Internationals will not join up with there Munster team mates until the week before the Toulon Quarter Final, that as been agree by Munster and the IRFU ...
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:42pm
They don’t have to worry about the Cheetahs as they are not playing a full role in the playoffs and european cup qualification. I’m sure that whoever finishes 4th behind the Cheetahs goes on to qualify for the playoffs - although I may be wrong and they just get replaced when it comes to european places.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic