Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Munster to rest Internationals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinity60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

They don’t have to worry about the Cheetahs as they are not playing a full role in the playoffs and european cup qualification. I’m sure that whoever finishes 4th behind the Cheetahs goes on to qualify for the playoffs - although I may be wrong and they just get replaced when it comes to european places.

Cheetahs can qualify for playoffs but not Europe.
Sponsored Links

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 10:36pm
Rest anyone carrying a niggle or who has played a lot of 6 Nations.
Play everyone else. I would like a team of:
1) Rob 2) Elias 3) Samson 4) Bulbring 5) Cummins/Rawlins 6) Shingler 7) Cubby 8) Boyde
9) Jon 10) Patch 11) Tom Varndell 12) Scott 13) Steff H 14) Asquith 15) Tom Williams

16) Ken 17) Phil Price 18) Gardiner 19) Cummins/Rawlins 20) MacLeod 21) Aled 22) Dan 23) Ioan Nicholas

Meaning we rest Kruger, Beirne, Barclay, Gar Dave, Parkes, Steff, Halfpenny as all have a big part to play vs La Rochelle.
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 10:37pm
Honestly not sure whats best to do against munster. Fair few will need the week off id say but we don't want to be in a situation where the team are not quite clicking in the first half against la rochelle. The good thing is that so many scarlets players were in the welsh camp together.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 11:31pm
We could always bench the ‘big name’ players and use them for impact.
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 7:16am
I think a lot will depend on the team that play France. If Gareth and Steff start I'd bench them for Munster game. Other than that I'd start everyone so they have time to gel back to the Scarlets way of playing.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

After the AI's we nearly lost at home to Benetton. By the following week we'd sorted things out and won comfortably. So I'd play ours bets 23 and rotate during the game.

Yes, especially if we have a lot of players on the field this weekend.  I expect at least 4 backs and 4 forwards to start this weekend, with 2 or 3 on the bench.
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 1:30pm

After the AI's we nearly lost at home to Benetton. By the following week we'd sorted things out and won comfortably. So I'd play ours bets 23 and rotate during the game.

Very good point. They can rest for a few weeks after the QF!
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:27pm
Just a thought but how definite is the story that Munster won't be playing their Irish Internationals?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

Just a thought but how definite is the story that Munster won't be playing their Irish Internationals?

Read the story on the Irish Times Link  yesterday, it said Munster and Leinster would not be expecting there Internationals back for there Pro.14 games prior to there European Quarter Finals a week later, after an agreement with the IRFU .
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 7:48pm
So if Leinster are not fully loaded after 6N, perhaps the O's can do us a favour by beating them !!!
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 8:47pm
Hopefully they can but that’s not a cert the way the ospreys are playing at the moment. They may stand a chance if they pick their Welsh players but their fringe players are not capable of beating Leinster on their current form.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 9:15pm

So if Leinster are not fully loaded after 6N, perhaps the O's can do us a favour by beating them !!!
Tongue in cheek comment? Been on the Double Dragon early?

Or, a serious comment?

Hope you’re right, btw.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 9:25pm
I'm fine thank you. Hope you and hours are too.

Ospreys internationals normally go straight back into the starting 15. AWJ apart, their internationals have been lightly used during this 6N.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 9:32pm

I'm fine thank you. Hope you and hours are too.

Ospreys internationals normally go straight back into the starting 15. AWJ apart, their internationals have been lightly used during this 6N.
Cheers, yes indeed 👍 thanks.

That’s good to hear. We can but hope.

Maybe their season ticket launch will coincide with an improvement on the pitch.

Fingers crossed.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic