Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Munster v Ospreys now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:12am
Do the weekend's results now make us the top welsh seeds for europe next year?
Sponsored Links

ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:20am
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Do the weekend's results now make us the top welsh seeds for europe next year?

Yes
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Hard to judge on last nights game the Ospreys really are awful they have no front row Baldwin has completely lost the plot, Bradley Davies is now just a big lump that just gets in way. The back row was bullied off the ball at all contact areas with Tuperic trying the choke tackle all the time which did not work once. Their backs have no invention whatsoever not helped by Leonard who had shocker Beck who clearly is a good player is not fit and if Biggar is lion quality then it will be long tour for Gatland and co. Wales needs a strong Osprey side but I really fear for them next season if you consider they missing only two possibly three starters last night.

Webb was their highest profile casualty, but for some time they have had lots of injuries especially to props - Arhip, Fia, McCusker and now Mujati, and wings - Dirksen, Hassler, Walker, Howells - to say nothing of Lydiate, as well as revelations from last season like Watkin and Beard. This doesn't justify their recent implosion, but does help to explain it.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Hard to judge on last nights game the Ospreys really are awful they have no front row Baldwin has completely lost the plot, Bradley Davies is now just a big lump that just gets in way. The back row was bullied off the ball at all contact areas with Tuperic trying the choke tackle all the time which did not work once. Their backs have no invention whatsoever not helped by Leonard who had shocker Beck who clearly is a good player is not fit and if Biggar is lion quality then it will be long tour for Gatland and co. Wales needs a strong Osprey side but I really fear for them next season if you consider they missing only two possibly three starters last night.

Webb was their highest profile casualty, but for some time they have had lots of injuries especially to props - Arhip, Fia, McCusker and now Mujati, and wings - Dirksen, Hassler, Walker, Howells - to say nothing of Lydiate, as well as revelations from last season like Watkin and Beard. This doesn't justify their recent implosion, but does help to explain it.
Change of position recently for Rob was there?
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 1:13pm
Apart from Aarhip and Watkin all very average pro 12 players and yes I include Lydiate in that who has not been same player since he went to France. How many of those would get in our starting 23 look at the two teams over the weekend and not one of their team from that performance would start for us at the moment. They have real problems and don't seem to realise it. Easy to blame injuries but when the injured players are no better than what they got on pitch hardly the answer.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 1:42pm
They certainly missed Arhip but thats about it I think along with Webb. Compare our situation - in previous years we would have seriously missed Jake & Ken, not so now - RYan & Emyr step in, Tagh, Lewis, Bulbring & Price step up. We are building a squad & need to keep it going. The Ospreys are in need of some culling & rebuilding next season. Mujati hasn't got a lot of time left & Rhodri just isn't going to make it. Nicky Smith is overrated in my opinion. Bradley & Lydiate are over priced NDC's not deserving of the spots, King & Thornton equally overrated. Watkin & Beard are stars of the future & will add to the squad next season as will Corey Allen. 
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 3:37pm
Yes Ospreys need some new props in particular fast. Maybe they could bring back at least one of Adam Jones, Ryan Bevington or Aaron Jarvis, at least in the short term?
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

Yes Ospreys need some new props in particular fast. Maybe they could bring back at least one of Adam Jones, Ryan Bevington or Aaron Jarvis, at least in the short term?

You are getting desperate now you need a whole front row one second row at least a number 8 a proper blind side a decent ten one centre and at least one back three player then you need the same again as you have no strength in depth. It's a shame but never mind.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic