Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Coach

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by mammamammon mammamammon wrote:

Stephen Jones! Look no further. Ready to step up and provide continuity.

Do you have confidence in him refusing an offer from Wales?
Sponsored Links

mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Originally posted by mammamammon mammamammon wrote:

Stephen Jones! Look no further. Ready to step up and provide continuity.

Do you have confidence in him refusing an offer from Wales?

Why not? The Wales backs coach is a part time role at best.

Only my opinion but I hope so. No-one is more respected at the club and I suspect he’d like to prove himself as a head coach rather than be someone’s second again.

The club should make him and Byron an offer now, sign them up and Wales will benefit from having a confident set of Scarlets who already know the way Pivac wants Wales to play, and he can begin the process of being a head coach under Pivac’s tutelage this season.
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 8:47pm
There's a lot more pressure being a head coach. With three young children and Stephen living in Cardiff might make the job very enticing. However he may really want to be a head coach who knows.   Its all in the melting pot at the moment and it's all pure speculation. I do however think that it could be very distracting if the decisions are not made until next summer.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 6:00am
Scott Robertson for me. There was rumours that he was talking to WRU about the Wales job but maybe it was a ploy and he is actually involved for the Scarlets job
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
ynysddurfc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynysddurfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 1:14pm
Not sure if he has been mentioned yet in this thread, but apparently the Irish coaching team's contracts expire after the RWC 2019. Could that put Mr Easterby in the frame?
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 1:30pm
as good as easterby was as a player he is still learning as a coach in my view. it was too early for him to be our head coach previously. he did quite well with limited resources but I also think we shouldn't go backwards and go to ex-players of ours. we need another top overseas addition, someone like Scott Robertson or someone that shares Pivacs philosophy
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

as good as easterby was as a player he is still learning as a coach in my view. it was too early for him to be our head coach previously. he did quite well with limited resources but I also think we shouldn't go backwards and go to ex-players of ours. we need another top overseas addition, someone like Scott Robertson or someone that shares Pivacs philosophy

Exactly. It's either Stevo or a kiwi coach for me.

Edit. Forgot about Lancaster and probably a couple other candidates.

Edited by Exkixu - 01 August 2018 at 1:51pm
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 11:38pm
Just watched the video of Scott Robinson celebrating the Crusaders winning the super rugby championship for the second season in a row, by breakdancing on the pitch in front of the players. It shows the togetherness of the crusaders team and coaches, something that is similar to what has been created down at PYS in recent years under Pivac and Co.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2018 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Just watched the video of Scott Robinson celebrating the Crusaders winning the super rugby championship for the second season in a row, by breakdancing on the pitch in front of the players. It shows the togetherness of the crusaders team and coaches, something that is similar to what has been created down at PYS in recent years under Pivac and Co.

As the Sky TV pundits said in jest he was better last year which he was-think he must have been rusty this time as he was pretty good last year for a 40 plus year old !!  I look forward to the SF breakdancing club being set up  if he gets the job !! Plenty of talent on this forum .Practice nights in the Barn even ? Wink
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2018 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

As the Sky TV pundits said in jest he was better last year which he was-think he must have been rusty this time as he was pretty good last year for a 40 plus year old !!  I look forward to the SF breakdancing club being set up  if he gets the job !! Plenty of talent on this forum .Practice nights in the Barn even ? Wink
The pitch in NZ was much softer than last year’s in SA.

Makes a difference.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2018 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

The pitch in NZ was much softer than last year’s in SA. Hi

Makes a difference.

I sense a closet emerging Suffolk breakdancer in our midst ! Could be a highlight of one of the Pre match lunches in the Quinnell this season 🤔
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 6:43am
Reesy, I’ve been a fan of many things I've never had any chance/ability to do.

Breakdancing is in the lacking ability category, sadly.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Reesy, I’ve been a fan of many things I've never had any chance/ability to do.

Breakdancing is in the lacking ability category, sadly.
LOL
rygbi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 12:59pm
According to the BBC Gavin Henson is considering going into coaching once he finishes playing. Maybe a direct replacement for Stephen Jones if Steve goes with Pivac to coach Wales?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45110222
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by rygbi11 rygbi11 wrote:

According to the BBC Gavin Henson is considering going into coaching once he finishes playing. Maybe a direct replacement for Stephen Jones if Steve goes with Pivac to coach Wales?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45110222
I'm really struggling to think why you keep suggesting these ex-players with no coaching experience should walk into a role at the best performing region in Wales?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 1:12pm
Heard a very impressive interview with Ronan O'Gara after the Crusaders won their Super Rugby final against the Lions. He really is developing very nicely & has that ability to downplay his contribution to a very successful team. Importantly the players really seem to respond to him. With another season under his belt he would make a great no 2 for us with Lancaster or Scott Robertson as No 1 if Stevo does go with Pivac. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic