Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New signings availibilty .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 8:56pm
Wow thanks steff. Some rich people backing them then
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 10:41am
Tompkins confirmed on loan to Dragons...
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Don't think munster are the only team in a financial mess after this. Munster announced the 2 springbok signings, wonder if they can pay for them?

The same way all Irish Regions have always done...... some mysterious "sponsors" will be found and the cash will emerge from under a pillow case in rural County Kerry... t'was always ever thus Wink
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 11:03am
Surely by logic, if contracts end on June 30th, anyone coming in should be immediately available? If that isnt the case, by default are all the ones who have left still available to e selected by us? Makes zero sense. The governing bodies need to be flexible given the unique situation.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Surely by logic, if contracts end on June 30th, anyone coming in should be immediately available? If that isnt the case, by default are all the ones who have left still available to e selected by us? Makes zero sense. The governing bodies need to be flexible given the unique situation.

They are available in the lge just not in Europe (that is my understanding) someone like morgan may well have already played in Europe in the same competition for his previous team

the players who have left and have gone to another club clearly won't be able to play

I'd guess the ones who were out of contract but have not got another club could be registered on short term deals and be eligible but we would have to pay them a salary for that period

You do raise a valid point If all the clubs left in Europe agreed that   they wanted new players to be eligible I'm sure they could adjust the rules, this is an unprecedented season

Edited by RR1972 - 29 June 2020 at 12:13pm
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 2:18pm

Tompkins available for Dragons European QF at Bristol .So surely that must   mean our new signings will be available for Toulon?
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 2:20pm
he played against the ospreys didnt he in the pool stages so if thats true mark then our new signings will be available....when all are announced Thumbs Up
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

They are available in the lge just not in Europe (that is my understanding) someone like morgan may well have already played in Europe in the same competition for his previous team

the players who have left and have gone to another club clearly won't be able to play

I'd guess the ones who were out of contract but have not got another club could be registered on short term deals and be eligible but we would have to pay them a salary for that period

You do raise a valid point If all the clubs left in Europe agreed that   they wanted new players to be eligible I'm sure they could adjust the rules, this is an unprecedented season
Yes it potentially offers an awful situation for a club who had lost a huge amount of strength at the end of June but cant field any of their new signings in a european 1/4 final as they are `cup tied`.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 8:32pm
Tompkins stated that he’s eligible for the dragons game against Bristol in the challenge cup despite playing for Saracens in the champions cup.  I presume that means our new signings are available for the Toulon match.  Sione kalamafano (Leicester no 8) would be a very welcomed addition (if confirmed) out in Toulon, based on the fact that they smashed us up front at PYS back in January.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Tompkins stated that he’s eligible for the dragons game against Bristol in the challenge cup despite playing for Saracens in the champions cup.  I presume that means our new signings are available for the Toulon match.  Sione kalamafano (Leicester no 8) would be a very welcomed addition (if confirmed) out in Toulon, based on the fact that they smashed us up front at PYS back in January.

I guess its all in the defintion of 'cup tied'.  It would only matter if he had played for another team in the same competition so he should be fine. Tyler Morgan for example may be unavailable as he would have played in the same competition as us.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 5:19pm

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I guess its all in the defintion of 'cup tied'.  It would only matter if he had played for another team in the same competition so he should be fine. Tyler Morgan for example may be unavailable as he would have played in the same competition as us.

Didn't I read that Semi Radrada will be eligible to play for Bristol Bears against Dragons when he's already represented Bordeaux-Begles in this year's comp ? 

Didn't I also read that Aled Davies will be eligible for Sarries, despite having played against them earlier in the pool stages ?

Would be unfair if our confirmed and 'alleged' signings were not eligible for some reason !
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 5:44pm
New signings are all eligible for Europe 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 9:41am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

New signings are all eligible for Europe 

Steff, KALAMAFON and John Bleddyn Rees Williams not officially announced yet, but are they done deals? 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 11:58am
it makes sense to allow every one to play their new players

The old season in the traditional  calendar terms is effectively over and new players under new contracts are signed up and old ones have left as super says it is daft to allow a club to be weakened by losing players but allowing their replacements to play 

a sensible decision
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic