Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 38>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 3:22pm
One feature of Japan which a friend of mine noticed when he was over there on a short lecture tour is that English speakers are few and far between. So learning a new language will be on the cards for him and his family.

Sponsored Links

henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 9:04am
https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/17446168.ashton-hewitt-i-need-to-see-statement-of-dragons-intent/

Ashton Hewitt possibly looking for a move, would be nice to snap him up.
TheKing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 9:42am
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

For me Kruger needs to be cuddled and signed worth his immense weight in gold

This
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/17446168.ashton-hewitt-i-need-to-see-statement-of-dragons-intent/

Ashton Hewitt possibly looking for a move, would be nice to snap him up.

Rapid lad
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 11:52am
Do we need a wing at an expense of more critical positions. 

Probably waiting for Josh Adams & McNicholl to decide, and then maybe chase a wing.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 12:02pm
Unfortunately due to the total cock up which is Project Reset we are going to have to be very cute with our money. All available funds need to be spent on carrying forward/s. One 2nd row and an 8 would be my current wish list with Blade's future clearly in doubt and Casseim still not convincing me that he is what we need. 

Helps' development means that he can take the place of Price as a development row so an upgrade on Price is needed. I would also go as far as to say that if Jonny did move on I would trust our academy to fill that gap. Ioan has already overtaken Prydie as 3rd choice winger & we certainly have enough talent in Conbeer, Baldwin, Morgan Williams & Tomi Lewis to get by. That would mean us having more funds for the two carriers we so desperately need. 
Red Army View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 3:59pm
< ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0" ="text/"> Adams has signed for Kerdiff.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Red Army Red Army wrote:

< ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0" ="text/"> Adams has signed for Kerdiff.

Strange, considering Regions are apparently all at sea, and unable to sign new players or offer contract extensions to existing players because of the delay in Project Reset.

I suppose that this tells us that the Blues know where they stand amongst it all.

Edited by ap sior - 21 February 2019 at 4:06pm
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 4:08pm

Strange if true as the Blues are skint ..
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Strange if true as the Blues are skint ..

Apparently so !
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 5:33pm
Hewitt was rumoured with Blues in the summer.
Matter of time before he leaves but certainly worth a shot imo. We will not be signing Adams. Especially if McNicholl stays. Seeing that it’s all quiet on Johnny Mac, no rumours anymore, silence as golden I’m assuming he’s staying. But with conbeer and lewis itching to break through I doubt we will make a move for Hewitt. He’s not the first player to come out with statements like that. I see dragons losing all their talented lads in next 2-3yrs.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 7:23pm
With the Dragons being so poor and the rumoured drop (from an already small) budget I’d like to see us be absolutely remorseless and go after some of their players.
Leon Brown, Harri Keddie, Aaron Wainwright, Max Williams, Taine Bashem, Jared Rosser are all excellent young players and would all fit in down here.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 7:49pm

< ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0" ="text/">
Adams has signed for Kerdiff.
Nobody has signed for anyone yet
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 8:57pm
The Dragons do seem to have some promising young talent, even if they are not yet glued together into a decent regional threat. If we were in a position to sign some of their players I'd start with Cory Hill who perhaps isn't quite big enough to be the sort of second row signing that we need as a regular battering ram but would be an excellent second row/8 combination who now experienced, very mobile, has great hands and is very useful in the lineouts. I know he would be called away for international duty but hopefully if he was playing regularly for us some of the others wouldn't be injured so often.
Don't ask me who my main second row carrier would be, as I don't watch that much southern hemisphere rugby!! 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

< ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0" ="text/">
Adams has signed for Kerdiff.

Strange, considering Regions are apparently all at sea, and unable to sign new players or offer contract extensions to existing players because of the delay in Project Reset.

I suppose that this tells us that the Blues know where they stand amongst it all.

They could be spending other people’s money, or maybe it’s just a rumour.......

Until the Regions know about the Budgets and format of next season and beyond, any signings are fraught with difficulty. Such a contract might only be worth the paper it’s written on.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2019 at 4:19pm
Tadgh once again MoM for Munster yesterday and not involved in Ireland. Went back home to play for Ireland but very rarely seems to be involved. If he doesn’t feature in the World Cup squad, we must make a concerted effort to bring him back.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 38>
  Share Topic