Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2018 at 4:44pm
I feel it is a 2 from 3 fight between Steff/Amos/Adams, and unless Steff rekindles his form will loose out because the other 2 can play full back.

The other solution could be Rhys Patchell missing out and then all 3 may end up going.

I feel Prydie will need a bit of a miracle to go, sorry.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

diego6754 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2018 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Here is my revised wish list....please Santa!

Josh Adams
Owen Williams
John Barclay
Taidgh Beirne
Scott Williams

Think every one of us would settle for that list along with a brute of an 8 of course. 

Oh okay then i'll begrudgingly add Kieran Read to the end of that list!
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2018 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I feel it is a 2 from 3 fight between Steff/Amos/Adams, and unless Steff rekindles his form will loose out because the other 2 can play full back.

The other solution could be Rhys Patchell missing out and then all 3 may end up going.

I feel Prydie will need a bit of a miracle to go, sorry.

My theory is that because Steff still has issues under a high ball and defensively is not great (regardless of how much I love him), he is behind Prydie in Gat's mind, who loves a bigger guy. Pecking order of back 5 for Gats I believe are - 1/2P, North, Liam, Adams, Amos, Prydie, Steff, ... But you have to accept that any point in time in pro rugby on average 25% of your squad will be injured. Some will only be for a short while others out for months. Even if it is a short while 1-2 weeks, it may be enough to see them sent home if it is during the tournament. I think Prydie has a reasonable chance of making it. I think the biggest issue he faces is for the Scarlets to hit form, then he must show what he can do. We have 4 full backs in the squad already - 1/2P, Liam, Patch and Anscombe. Gats is on record as saying the FH is the most impt position on a rugby field. No way do we just take 2. I don't think Amos being a FB will make a difference. He will just decide who is the best winger and right now he thinks it is Amos, which I agree with.
Scarlets before Wales
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2018 at 6:15pm
I'm afraid Prydie showed up his weaknesses in Belfast.  He's never had a great deal of pace or been able to sidestep past competent defenders, but until  then I judged he was an able defender. Given that Steff isn't a reliable defender either, I would still pick him in front of Prydie as he has so much more attacking flair that can create and score tries in unpromising situations.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2018 at 6:35pm
Steff had game time in the Autumn, Prydie didn't, so based on that and Steff had hardly played for the Scarlets then, I  do see Steff before Prydie, especially with the comments coming from Gats on Steffs work rate.
The other point is his defence, which is not good, but I feel a lot are making it as very poor, which I honestly do not agree.

Edited by Dai38 - 17 December 2018 at 6:36pm
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Owen111 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 37 minutes ago at 7:45am
Talks of Pollard going to Bath after the WC, I believe Priestland is out of contract at end of season. I don't think he will come back to Wales as he will get big bucks elsewhere.

He isn't a bad back up for Patchell, opinions?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic