Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nick Tompkins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

So, Nick Tompkins wanted by all the regions and Cory Hill will decide between Dragons and Blues.
Suspect he will go to Cardiff. He is a big city boy and not sure he will fit with us although a number of our players live in Cardiff! All guess work really 🤔
I just don’t see the relative merits across a whole host of metrics seeing us as anywhere else but the best pick.

I heard it was a done deal to us, tbh I can see that living in a big city like Cardiff is less of culture shock if your moving  from London than if you move to Llanelli

You can commute but it is a pain in the backside especially in rush hour, I wouldn't fancy an hour plus drive every day if I had the same wages for a 10 minute drive

If I was the wru I would rather him go to a region he is a guaranteed starter, I know everyone says parkes and foxy need replacing but they both would expect to be around for 2 more years or so

Do you want your 3 best centres at the one region?

then again I suppose that way they do all get rest and rotated

Why should he go somewhere that he's a guaranteed starter? 
Surely his game will improve massively playing/training with the best 13 in Europe -ish. And competing with him for the staring spot.

cos you learn more by playing than by training

anyhow if fit fox is a cert no matter who we sign, itll be parkes that he will look to dislodge

you learn more from training in the same environment with world class players like 1/2p and foxy than playing in a team that you haven't earned your place, you're just starting cos they've got nobody better.

Would I rather start every week for the dragons/blues or fight it out with foxy training with world class coaches and players? I know which I'd chose 
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 2:55pm

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

So, Nick Tompkins wanted by all the regions and Cory Hill will decide between Dragons and Blues.
Suspect he will go to Cardiff. He is a big city boy and not sure he will fit with us although a number of our players live in Cardiff! All guess work really 🤔
I just don’t see the relative merits across a whole host of metrics seeing us as anywhere else but the best pick.

I heard it was a done deal to us, tbh I can see that living in a big city like Cardiff is less of culture shock if your moving  from London than if you move to Llanelli

You can commute but it is a pain in the backside especially in rush hour, I wouldn't fancy an hour plus drive every day if I had the same wages for a 10 minute drive

If I was the wru I would rather him go to a region he is a guaranteed starter, I know everyone says parkes and foxy need replacing but they both would expect to be around for 2 more years or so

Do you want your 3 best centres at the one region?

then again I suppose that way they do all get rest and rotated

Why should he go somewhere that he's a guaranteed starter? 
Surely his game will improve massively playing/training with the best 13 in Europe -ish. And competing with him for the staring spot.

cos you learn more by playing than by training

anyhow if fit fox is a cert no matter who we sign, itll be parkes that he will look to dislodge

you learn more from training in the same environment with world class players like 1/2p and foxy than playing in a team that you haven't earned your place, you're just starting cos they've got nobody better.

Would I rather start every week for the dragons/blues or fight it out with foxy training with world class coaches and players? I know which I'd chose 

he's been with Sarries for 5 years with better players and better  coaches  than we have (as a group) he has done all the learning in training he needs. Now he needs to play every week

he is still going to be training alongside these players with wales and under top class coach in stevo

no top player would rather train than play,  in fact even a bang average player like I was . Would rather be a first choice somewhere than a squad player somewhere else,
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

He’d be a great acquisition but there’s other areas we should concentrate on. We’ve got plenty of cover at centre. 
I’m sorry but we really need to prioritise a centre. It’s not been a strong point this season.

How?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic