Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Anglo-Welsh Cup Next Season

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Anglo-Welsh Cup Next Season
    Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:32pm
According to the BBC website there will be no Anglo-Welsh Cup next season.

I remember the Scarlets getting to the final of the Anglo-Welsh Cup years ago at Twickenham I believe. I think the opposition was London Wasps and they won quite comfortably.

Anyone else has memories of the Scarlets in the final of the Anglo-Welsh Cup?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44066837
Sponsored Links

joni_bach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:08pm
I think the Bristol game of October 2008 is a bit hard to top. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:27pm
I remember driving up to trickers with Mrs legendinmybedroom, my parents and my young nephew, we parked miles away from the stadium. The weather was very good, we got pasted, I think Easterby was knocked out in a clash of heads, there was a long stoppage in play due to the injury.
I’m glad that the cup has finished, the last few seasons have been poor. Different sides use it for different things, the scarlets use it to try out players from the feeder clubs and often get smashed by English clubs who use it to give game time to fringe and bench players or players coming back from injury. Take the Exeter Chiefs game at pys earlier this season, we used it to look at some youngsters whilst the were loaded with international players and totally destroyed us up front. Our players wouldn’t have benefited from that. Plus I couldn’t get my head around the way the conferences worked out.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:34pm
Hopefully we'll get more out of the U23 competition next year. With a limited number of over age players allowed at least ALL participating teams will know where they stand.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:26am
We lost to Wasps in the final after beating Bath in the semi final
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 3:02pm
Is there a B&I?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic