Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Notes from meeting 25th May

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Notes from meeting 25th May
    Posted: 25 May 2006 at 10:38pm

A few of us met up tonight for a quick session to try and come up with a plan of action for Wednesday nights meeting with SG.

Sponsored Links

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 10:55pm

We need to draft up a brief opening statement, which includes

• An introduction to ourselves, possible name , location, job.
  • Basics of a Supporters Trust, ie from Supporters Direct Handbook
  • What we can do for the Scarlets

we know that SG will ask, what are we expecting from them, so we need to counter that question too, basically, its the use of a room (tetleys suite) for the open meeting and possible the use of a player/Grav for chairman for the evening.

We believe that it would be a good idea o have 1 person as a spokesperson for  the opening statement etc, else we will all be trying to dive in with our views.

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 12:04am

Do you want to name the man elected in his absence wiz?

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 8:25am
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

we know that SG will ask, what are we expecting from them, so we need to counter that question too, basically, its the use of a room (tetleys suite) for the open meeting and possible the use of a player/Grav for chairman for the evening.We believe that it would be a good idea o have 1 person as a spokesperson for  the opening statement etc, else we will all be trying to dive in with our views.

thanks for the notes wayne

we also want them to allow us to put our 'adverts' in the programmes and/or them to send out flyers with season ticket applications
ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 8:52am
Thanks Wayne.
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

Do you want to name the man elected in his absence wiz?

I forgot to say I pm'd him and was waiting for his reply.

He has now replied and agreed to do it.

the man elected was Alun - Abbey

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

we know that SG will ask, what are we expecting from them, so we need to counter that question too, basically, its the use of a room (tetleys suite) for the open meeting and possible the use of a player/Grav for chairman for the evening.We believe that it would be?a good idea o have 1 person as a?spokesperson for? the opening statement etc, else we will all be trying to dive in with our views.

thanks for the notes wayne

we also want them to allow us to put our 'adverts' in the programmes and/or them to send out flyers with season ticket applications

good points, forgot to add those points in.

we need to get a doc done over the next few days.

Meeting is at Stradey at 5:30pm.

We thinks its a good idea to go in as a group or in 2's or 3's rather than everyone walk in on their own. The 1st person could be there 10 minutes before the last.

Maybe just wait and meet up in the car park.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 8:42am

Thanks Abbey, you'll do a great job.

Good points above boys.

It was also mentioned at the meeting are that we need to make it clear to SG that the trust is a seperate entity to ScarletFever.

It might be good to be able to give Stuart a few examples of what other trusts have done. e.g. The Blues trust with the seating, and the provision of disabled toilet facilities by the Swans trust. i.e. POSITIVE examples of what other trusts have done.

We could also use some of the points in previous threads to illustrate what we would /can do for the Scarlets, including, (sorry to belabour the point) the possibility of arranging fan's travel to home and away matches. As previously stated, I think this would be a definite winner as far as the region are concerned. It could also help to outweigh any concerns he may have about the intention to seek representation at board level. 

If Alun could post a draft of his presentation on here, hopefully we can give him some help if he needs any.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 10:04am

I'll work on it on Monday.

One of the most visible things that members of the Trust have achieved even before it is properly formed is the "Say Yes" piece that Gareth organised so well. It made the press and was put on the official website - what better example of working independently from the club in a positive way?

I agree that we need to be seen as a rational and pragmatic group and not a reactionary set of individuals with ulterior agendas (no names mentioned!).

Is everyone happy with an introduction to the members with where they live and what they do for a living or is that infringing on the personal?

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 11:25am

Good point about the letters Abbey, it does give a clear indication as to where we stand over the future,and the new Stadium. (Funnily enough, it was a question asked on Thursday night, but I suppose that it's something that we, as a group tend to take for granted).  Perhaps it would be an idea to take along a copy of the paper?

As for the personal introduction part, I have no problem with that, not too personal at all IMO. But we should make sure that all involved are happy. 

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 12:50pm
 No problem with the personal page either ( as long as I don't have to state my age)
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Is everyone happy with an introduction to the members with where they live and what they do for a living or is that infringing on the personal?

no probs.
(i suggested it on thursday)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic