Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

nuclear defence?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

OAM you can check the height of the missile over Japanese territory. I'm certainly not making it up. As you say it did not violate Japanese airspace and was beyond the range of US anti-missile systems on the island.
N. Korea has not threatened the civilized world. They have just made it clear that they now have the means to retaliate if the USA attacks them.
I find your equating the civilised world with the USA quite amusing, as would, in all probability most Japanese whose undefended cities were atom-bombed by these sensitive and civilised war mongers while they were negotiating surrender terms in 1945.

I think I have made my feelings on certain Western antics quite clear. But you are now referencing an incident that happened to a country over 70 years ago during a World War. A country, incidentally, who are now looking to that same perpetrator for help and reassurance against those they consider to be an even bigger threat. Yet you feel you can speak for them as a nation regarding their feelings to the US. Wow!

Listen, I'm out. As the Doc says, your particular agenda pervades any non rugby discussion you enter into.
#George
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 12:51pm

OAM you can check the height of the missile over Japanese territory. I'm certainly not making it up. As you say it did not violate Japanese airspace and was beyond the range of US anti-missile systems on the island.
N. Korea has not threatened the civilized world. They have just made it clear that they now have the means to retaliate if the USA attacks them.
I find your equating the civilised world with the USA quite amusing, as would, in all probability most Japanese whose undefended cities were atom-bombed by these sensitive and civilised war mongers while they were negotiating surrender terms in 1945.
the Japanese treatment of POW's sort of loses them out on the moral high ground as did their sneaky attack on pearl harbour,
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

the Japanese treatment of POW's sort of loses them out on the moral high ground as did their sneaky attack on pearl harbour,

There's me thinking  you can think of nothing nicer than  a nice large 'Sushi' sandwich while planning your future sitting  up on the roof tops of Carms  Wink
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

There's me thinking  you can think of nothing nicer than  a nice large 'Sushi' sandwich while planning your future sitting  up on the roof tops of Carms  Wink
tried that once I had to take it ack as it wasn't cooked properly.Wink
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 6:26pm

Should ask for it 'well done' next time!!
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 7:49pm

No need to get Sake.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

No need to get Sake.
like it,LOL
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 3:27pm
This thread seems to have gone quiet since OAM decided that the Japanese people should be eternally grateful for the USA dropping atom bombs on two of their cities packed full of the young and old and undefended militarily, when they were ready to surrender, and that, moreover, represented  civilised behaviour. As he and Dr Martinov still seem to think that the Sun, (or is it a fusion reaction?) shines out of the USA's arse and that anyone who doesn't agree has some sort of perverse AGENDA to push, here is an article By Dr Paul Craig Roberts (a former high official in the Regan presidency) which might disabuse them of their illusions, if they can be arsed to read it.

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 6:15pm

This thread seems to have gone quiet since OAM decided that the Japanese people should be eternally grateful for the USA dropping atom bombs on two of their cities packed full of the young and old and undefended militarily, when they were ready to surrender, and that, moreover, represented  civilised behaviour. As he and Dr Martinov still seem to think that the Sun, (or is it a fusion reaction?) shines out of the USA's arse and that anyone who doesn't agree has some sort of perverse AGENDA to push, here is an article By Dr Paul Craig Roberts (a former high official in the Regan presidency) which might disabuse them of their illusions, if they can be arsed to read it.

Oh, thought my Sake gag was finishing it on a high, actually. And there's no need to be childish, condescending or tell me I hold views and opinions which, in fact, I don't - you of all people should know that's pretty insulting.

I'd be happy to meet you at a game, as it's always hard to gauge people online, but I think that's me finished with replying or trying to engage you in a conversation on here - consider that I am the third person you have brought to this stage. It may surprise you to learn that you certainly made me think and also consider my own bias on other threads: this includes media reporting which I definitely think is worth questioning and I am a lot more thoughtful as to checking sources and facts now. Before it got so tiring and repetitive, I thank you for this. My experience as a research scientist has also taught me it's the results you wanted to get which should be tested the most rigorously for that very reason.

All the best for the future - be that in the UK or North Korea. Wink Oh, the url was "not found" in the latest link BTW.

Edited by dr_martinov - 10 September 2017 at 6:35pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 8:00pm
Dr Martinov. How can you even think of discussing trivial matters such as nuclear annihilation and the end of life on earth during a Scarlets game?  Get your priorities right!!! But I'm sure we could arrange to meet sometime before long although I'm not sure about the Edinburgh match as of yet.

If you're really interested in reading the article in the link as it's still showing "not found", it's in this weekend's  Information Clearing House under "Laughing on the way to Arrmagedon" and is well worth a look. 
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 10:19am

Not only speaking for the Japanese people but also for me now. Wow!

Listen, it went quiet because most people have realised that your pre determined stance on all things to do with the West makes a rational debate pointless. Indeed, your above comment about Japan and my thoughts on the US beautifully demonstrate that.

However, unlike the good Doctor, I have no desire to meet with you.
#George
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Listen, it went quiet because most people have realised that your pre determined stance on all things to do with the West makes a rational debate pointless. Indeed, your above comment about Japan and my thoughts on the US beautifully demonstrate that.

OAM
At last you have written something I can agree with.

A rational debate requires that you make points that prove the other side's argument wrong, When you couldn't, you just labelled  me as anti-American and presumed my comments were therefore not worthy of consideration or reply.
You threw your toys out of the pram and stopped contributing when I did the same by implying that you thought the sun shone out of America's arse.
If you think I'm being unfair to poor little defenceless America and her poodles, then say why, -that is what makes a rational debate.
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 4:20pm

OAM

A rational debate requires that you make points that prove the other side's argument wrong, When you couldn't, you just labelled  me as anti-American and presumed my comments were therefore not worthy of consideration or reply.
You threw your toys out of the pram and stopped contributing when I did the same by implying that you thought the sun shone out of America's arse.
If you think I'm being unfair to poor little defenceless America and her poodles, then say why, -that is what makes a rational debate.
Like much of what you post, you implied incorrectly in this case. Once again! Try actually reading my above posts about the US and the West. I think they make it clear to everyone else reading them what my thoughts are on America. I'm an ex soldier and am fully aware of the duplicitous machinations of the West, by our country and the US in particular. The things they have allegedly  done in the name of liberty and democracy eh! But which we all know not to be true. 

My toys do leave the pram on occasion. But with all due respect, you haven't risen that high on my radar at the moment for me to really care. The reason I stopped engaging was simply the nature of your posts, in particular your defence of a despotic regime in N. Korea and your belief they are entitled to terrify their neighbours to obtain nuclear science as a defence against the US. Your views are entrenched, and as the Doc mentioned above, they colour every discussion, bar rugby matters, that you enter into. You aren't actually open to debate, you simply wish to swamp any discussion with links to various websites that aren't mainstream and which support your position. That is fine, you are so entitled. Personally, I am content to live comfortably accepting the fallibilities and hypocrisies of the West. Despite their sins being myriad, it is a preferable lifestyle to the alternatives perhaps. Have you thought of decamping somewhere other than the West, which you clearly revile so much?

That is why I chose not to engage, meet with you to discuss, or otherwise. I have nothing more to say, so enjoy the debate and could I suggest that you just leave me out of it.
#George
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 4:54pm

OAM

Like much of what you post, you implied incorrectly in this case. Once again! Try actually reading my above posts about the US and the West. I think they make it clear to everyone else reading them what my thoughts are on America. I'm an ex soldier and am fully aware of the duplicitous machinations of the West, by our country and the US in particular. The things they have allegedly  done in the name of liberty and democracy eh! But which we all know not to be true. 

My toys do leave the pram on occasion. But with all due respect, you haven't risen that high on my radar at the moment for me to really care. The reason I stopped engaging was simply the nature of your posts, in particular your defence of a despotic regime in N. Korea and your belief they are entitled to terrify their neighbours to obtain nuclear science as a defence against the US. Your views are entrenched, and as the Doc mentioned above, they colour every discussion, bar rugby matters, that you enter into. You aren't actually open to debate, you simply wish to swamp any discussion with links to various websites that aren't mainstream and which support your position. That is fine, you are so entitled. Personally, I am content to live comfortably accepting the fallibilities and hypocrisies of the West. Despite their sins being myriad, it is a preferable lifestyle to the alternatives perhaps. Have you thought of decamping somewhere other than the West, which you clearly revile so much?

That is why I chose not to engage, meet with you to discuss, or otherwise. I have nothing more to say, so enjoy the debate and could I suggest that you just leave me out of it.

As far as I was aware Ffidel has decamped away from the West - he lives in Caaardiff mun.Wink
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 7:31pm
OAM - Again you take the word of the mainstream media that N. Korea terrify their neighbours. If their neighbours are on edge at the moment it is mainly because they are afraid that the US will be tempted to go in for regime change and if they don't  manage to take out all the North's weapons then they will be hit as the north retaliates against US bases in their countries. S. Korea'n politicians have been asking the US to cool down their rhetoric  and go in for negotiations.
I don't know why Korean nukes should present any more danger than Israeli nukes because the Korean variety  are clearly to prevent a regime change attack by the USA and it's lapdogs, whereas Israel is sitting illegally on occupied Palestinian and Syrian territory and have done their best to help ISIS defeat the Syrian govt through terrorism.
Yes GPR, I am exiled in the People's Democratic Republic of Canton although all the brainwashing in the world won't make me support the Blues and their ruthless dictator Kim Un Pies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic