Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

O’Brien announced and Kennedy signed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9101195/Ed-Kennedy/videos

Wearing 19 in this vid seems handy

Link fixed.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Sponsored Links

gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Link fixed.

TA Confused

surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:59am

Can't tell much from a short clip, but a big lad with good hands and a turn of pace.
Joshua24:15
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:37pm
I'm afraid neither of our 2 new locks are anywhere  near being included in the Western Mule list of "Who's making a big impression in PRO14?" and of the 10 named, the Scarlets contribution is just pathetic little Jake Ball at 9 !!
This bit of inspired rugby writing/ investigative journalism by Anthony Woolford is not, of course, comparing talent or impact but players weights and is dominated by the Dragons and Blues. 
Still it's nice to see the Dragons come out on top of something
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

I'm afraid neither of our 2 new locks are anywhere  near being included in the Western Mule list of "Who's making a big impression in PRO14?" and of the 10 named, the Scarlets contribution is just pathetic little Jake Ball at 9 !!
This bit of inspired rugby writing/ investigative journalism by Anthony Woolford is not, of course, comparing talent or impact but players weights and is dominated by the Dragons and Blues. 

This is the article:

I suspect the message here is that the Scarlets coaches look for other attributes - pace, a rugby brain, a good skill set, the ability to fill in gaps during the 6N etc., as well as character - the 'due diligence' we've discussed recently.

It takes a lot more than just bulk to make an effective rugby player, and our coaches are well aware of that.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:11pm

But the title of the article, where Jake is at 9 is based on weight.... there was indeed another article which said which of the new signings would make an impact but I can't seem to find it.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

This is the article:

I suspect the message here is that the Scarlets coaches look for other attributes - pace, a rugby brain, a good skill set, the ability to fill in gaps during the 6N etc., as well as character - the 'due diligence' we've discussed recently.

It takes a lot more than just bulk to make an effective rugby player, and our coaches are well aware of that.

A fact that is borne out by the knowledge that if selecting a Lions team to play this Saturday the two locks would probably be Itoje & James Ryan neither of whom could be called bulky.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:27pm
I hope no-one is taking my post at face value as it was meant with a huge dollop of sarcasm. The clue was in the  "inspired investigative journalism" part, which any reasonable 7 year old could manage by clicking on the players' pen pictures in the official web-sites of their previous teams. 
Gwyn Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyn Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:33pm
Came through loud & clear Ffidel. It was the use of the word 'journalism' in relation to a Wales Online article that gave it away for me.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

We’ve also signed a lock named Matthew Davies from Neath

http://www.neathrugby.wales/2018/05/15/a-fond-farewell/

Excellent.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:29pm
I thought I read Jake had slimmed down after last season and felt better playing at a lower weight before he got injured?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Excellent.
Seen much of him?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Craca Hyll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craca Hyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Great to have Angus O’Brien confirmed, and a typical #Tnewsday surprise to to find a bonus signing.

Apart from being one of the best US punk bands, ‘Ed Kennedy's Welsh-qualified, too!

A source tells me that Ed Kennedy's a big drinker on match days. Sometimes he's...

...Too Drunk to Ruck...

*tumbleweed*
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

I thought I read Jake had slimmed down after last season and felt better playing at a lower weight before he got injured?

I think 19st1 is the new slimmed down Jake, I'm sure I read he was at one point almost 21 st
If it bleeds we can can kill it
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:40am

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Excellent.
Seen much of him?

Never even heard of him tbh...just really like the concept of taking promising talent as project players from the Prem.

If the WRU get it right the Prem should be challenging the ITM Cup etc for talent...
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:23am

I hope no-one is taking my post at face value as it was meant with a huge dollop of sarcasm. The clue was in the  "inspired investigative journalism" part, which any reasonable 7 year old could manage by clicking on the players' pen pictures in the official web-sites of their previous teams. 

No problem - I'm sure we all realised you were joking about that! It still seemed worth a comment or two, though (the article, that is).
(Ivan Turgenev)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic