Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Osi Umenyiora

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Osi Umenyiora
    Posted: 03 November 2016 at 2:07pm
Is anyone watching the NFL programmes on BBC this year?

I've been a bit of an on-off follower of American football in recent years, but am hooked for the current season by the excellent atmosphere and repartee created by the presenters - Mark Chapman, Jason Bell and (especially) Osi Umenyiora.

What makes it so good? The presenters joke around and seem really happy in each others' company - it's a great laugh - and Osi in particular comes out with the most outrageous statements and metaphors ever week. I had to laugh at this recent exchange (approximate - from memory):

JB: So you don't rate the (Minnesota) Vikings?

OU: No, man. There's something wrong about them - can't say exactly what...

MC: So, why do you say that?

OU: Well ... you know if a middle-aged man has a cat - no middle aged man should have a cat, it's just wrong... it's like that, man - there's something wrong about the Vikings!

It had me in stitches, anyway...

I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Sponsored Links

ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2016 at 3:13pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/37536124

A clip of him analysing some rugby league
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2016 at 6:26pm
I'm really enjoying the BBC NFL show so far this year, good synergy between MC, JB and OU. The show seems pretty laid back and they can say whatever they feel they want to. Good analysis as well from the former players to add to MC's obvious interest in NFL, all makes for a good show!
Scarlets: providers of the finest rugby since 1872.

Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 8:43am
Same, my interest in the NFL has really peaked this year with the coverage BBC has. Osi is hilarious.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 9:39am
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

I'm really enjoying the BBC NFL show so far this year, good synergy between MC, JB and OU. The show seems pretty laid back and they can say whatever they feel they want to. Good analysis as well from the former players to add to MC's obvious interest in NFL, all makes for a good show!

Wouldn't you agree that these guys really show up the ex-players who 'analyse' football on MOTD - Shearer and the rest are just so boring, I usually fast-forward to the next game - assuming you watch football (maybe you don't).

Anyway, Osi is so lively and unpredictable he's always worth watching - plus, you get the crazy stunts, like when Jason Bell jumped over Osi to 'tackle' Mark - or at least, knock the ball from his hands. Lucky for him that's all it was!
(Ivan Turgenev)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 9:44am
Originally posted by ExileTom ExileTom wrote:

You seem to have copied the wrong link there - I guess this is the one you meant to show:

(Ivan Turgenev)
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 10:02am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by ExileTom ExileTom wrote:

You seem to have copied the wrong link there - I guess this is the one you meant to show:

That's the one. Thanks
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 1:52pm
I have been a New York Giant fan since 1980, and Osi was a key part of our Super Bowl winning teams.

Giants didn't treat as well as they might have but the NFL is a business. 

Great guy.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2016 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

I have been a New York Giant fan since 1980, and Osi was a key part of our Super Bowl winning teams.

Giants didn't treat as well as they might have but the NFL is a business. 

Great guy.

He continues to entertain every week on the NFL show - best sports commentator line-up for any sport currently, IMHO.
(Ivan Turgenev)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic