Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parc y Scarlets and the NHS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parc y Scarlets and the NHS
    Posted: 23 March 2020 at 1:06pm
I see from the BBC Wales news web site that PyS have offered space, for free, to be used in the need of additional 'hospital' space.

Well done the Scarlets management.

Good to see that some are working for the good of the community, even if the Westminster government are a shambles and the Welsh government are slow to react.
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Rubrum Rubrum wrote:

I see from the BBC Wales news web site that PyS have offered space, for free, to be used in the need of additional 'hospital' space.

Well done the Scarlets management.

Good to see that some are working for the good of the community, even if the Westminster government are a shambles and the Welsh government are slow to react.
The Scarlets will want to work with and support the Carmarthenshire council and other public bodies during this time as they have supported us so it’s good to see πŸ‘
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 2:29pm
Hopefully, the names of everyone working there and maybe patients too can be recorded for a future tribute.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Hopefully, the names of everyone working there and maybe patients too can be recorded for a future tribute.
Nice thoughts Steve πŸ‘
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 3:33pm
Hats off to all who made this happen. Clap

It's so surreal thinking back to watching the news clips of the Chinese building that hospital in 6 days to take unprecedented numbers of patients.  Who would have thought that 6 or 7 weeks later our own stadium would be repurposed to fulfil the same function. I can't get my head around it to be honest.
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Hats off to all who made this happen. Clap

It's so surreal thinking back to watching the news clips of the Chinese building that hospital in 6 days to take unprecedented numbers of patients.  Who would have thought that 6 or 7 weeks later our own stadium would be repurposed to fulfil the same function. I can't get my head around it to be honest.

It's madness, hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have put china into isolation then and there

not let anyone go there no let anyone who has been there into the uk unless quarantined for 2 weeks and not imported any goods from there

if that led to hardship for the Chinese people and economy tough, we (the world not just the uk) didn't act firmly or quickly enough

I have to admit I didn't see it ever getting this bad
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 4:38pm
Rugby is not only a sport ..togheter we are stronger
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 5:44pm
This is a good move. I applaud the efforts to do this its good to see the council and the scarlets and nhs amalgamate for the greater good. I wonder if this is being done at other similar venues across the UK. I know china used their stadiums and hotels to quarantine this dreadful disease and their numbers have finally dropped from 1000s down to 30 to 40 people catching it per day
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 5:51pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 6:05pm
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 7:28pm
West is Best! Thumbs Up
"YMA O HYD"
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 9:34pm
Work has already started on the barn, electrical contractors were there today, amongst others
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic