Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parc Y Scarlets/ Barn?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parc Y Scarlets/ Barn?
    Posted: 31 January 2019 at 8:33am
They going to be open for the 6N matches? 

More specifically France v Wales on Friday night?
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

They going to be open for the 6N matches? 

More specifically France v Wales on Friday night?
Its been tried before many times and scant support for it.
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 10:34am
We have been there to games either directly before or after a Scarlets home game and there has been a reasonable crowd , not sure how many will go other than that , the weather doesn't look good for tomorrow either
saundersfoot scarlets
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 2:49pm
It would be interesting to see a list of other rugby clubs that deem the 6n opening match to be not worth opening up for.....
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 4:50pm
I live too far away, but I can't imagine choosing the Barn over a tidy pub/ rugby club to watch the game.
The Quinell Lounge would be more attractive.
We're still still here!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 5:32pm

It would be interesting to see a list of other rugby clubs that deem the 6n opening match to be not worth opening up for.....
Well if it’s not worth opening up for its not worth opening up for..
4 staff working for 4 hours is £120, for 3 games that’s £360.
Assuming you make 50p profit on a pint that’s 720 pints to sell... very hard to make profit from such things. Before you factor in electricity, gas etc.

For a local rugby club that has a dedicated calling of 30-40 people, plus a team or two, and any other casual fans, it’s a lot easier.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I live too far away, but I can't imagine choosing the Barn over a tidy pub/ rugby club to watch the game.
Spot on-its been tried and not been supported for that reason. The big screen is sensibly used after RFC games whenever the Scarlets are away eg Racing Metro the other week, as you have a base of people already there to stay on but just to open up for the Wales game would lose money with staff and security as well and have no decent atmosphere. This was tried a number of times in the Heart and Soul as well with a Big Screen and it was not supported. Its a modern stadium not the local pub or with 2-3 mates sitting around the Tellie.
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Spot on-its been tried and not been supported for that reason. The big screen is sensibly used after RFC games whenever the Scarlets are away eg Racing Metro the other week, as you have a base of people already there to stay on but just to open up for the Wales game would lose money with staff and security as well and have no decent atmosphere. This was tried a number of times in the Heart and Soul as well with a Big Screen and it was not supported. Its a modern stadium not the local pub or with 2-3 mates sitting around the Tellie.
I would totally use the Heart and Soul - just to support the club - if I lived within 15 minutes. 
We're still still here!
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 6:48pm

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I would totally use the Heart and Soul - just to support the club - if I lived within 15 minutes. 

Exactly, and the reason I was asking in the first place.

If village clubs can turn a profit out of the occasion and we cant, then something if wrong surely.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 7:23pm
When making comparisons you musy compare like with like!!!!

In many villages, the rugby club is like a local pub. The Scarlets are a totally different entity.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Well if it’s not worth opening up for its not worth opening up for..
4 staff working for 4 hours is £120, for 3 games that’s £360.
Assuming you make 50p profit on a pint that’s 720 pints to sell... very hard to make profit from such things. Before you factor in electricity, gas etc.
H
For a local rugby club that has a dedicated calling of 30-40 people, plus a team or two, and any other casual fans, it’s a lot easier.

More to the point it’s bloody freezing!
Not great for 6N rugby in my opion. The cafe bar is great if it’s next to a scarlets game.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 12:41am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

When making comparisons you musy compare like with like!!!!

In many villages, the rugby club is like a local pub. The Scarlets are a totally different entity.
Spot on 👍
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 3:05am
I dont think speedy should be silenced on this one. I would like the parc y scarlets to make it more publicly known what theyre doing for all welsh test matches...The rugby world cups have all been wasted opportunities. Surely when wales were in a rugby world cup quarter final or semi final or knocking england out of their world cup, surely such massive events would lend themselves to the scarelts hosting these matches on the super sized screens. As posters rightly say, the other bars and lounges are all possibilities and maybe more suitable. But given some good promotion, word of mouth, facebook , road sign adverts and regularity of these events I see a crowd building...people love a good atmosphere for the big games etc etc Yes scarlets have larger costs, but with all their bars and the barn they have flexibility in terms of capacity. Definitely something that the club can investigate further

Edited by roy munster - 01 February 2019 at 8:44am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 6:27am
lot of people don't want to pay £5 a pint,and drink out of plastic glasses.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 7:49am
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

Clap
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 8:43am
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

lol good point, is it really up to a fiver now?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic