Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Patchell maturing nicely

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I agree with those of you who think Anscombe is only third best 10 in the set-up... I'm a bit surprised he's been picked for tomorrow, as he hasn't been all that good so far in the AIs.

Briefly: if you want a kicking game, it has to be Biggar - I thought he'd get the nod, with 1/2p out. We'll see if Anscombe can handle the pressure - Gats says it's one reason they picked him, so that is a sort of reason. I'd rather pick a team to win the game, though!

Of course, if you want a running 10, it has to be Patchell - Anscombe is more of a threat at 15 than 10. 

I think the injury to Patch, and Biggar's non-involvment in the first game, have played a part in this.
Anscombe was excellent against Scotland and Australia

You're entitled to your view... I found his kicking poor and his running unconvincing.

He did OK - a solid 6/10, IMO.

I'm with Aber on this one excellent is way over the top - Tipuric was excellent, Anscombe was Ok his tactical kicking is dodgy & he doesn't convince me on the gainline. 
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic