Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Petition to get Jiffy off the tv

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petition to get Jiffy off the tv
    Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:07pm
I think it's time Jiffy left his job..just heard him childishly imitate Kevin Phillips in commentary. It was embarrassing and insulting. It's time go Jiffy
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:27pm
Thank.god BBC have list the contract. Guy is past it
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:28pm
What’s a Kelvin Phillips impression?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:31pm
It was the coming to america bark like a dog line that made my jaw drop.

Didnt catch the Kevin Phillps impression, and I am not aware of which Kevin Phillips we are talking about here.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:32pm
Where do I sign?
Keep the faith
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:34pm
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 9:01pm
Couldn't stick it any longer, switched over to BBC2 NI. Lesser of two evils!
Keep the faith
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 11:06pm
He mocked Kevin Phillips the ex Welsh hooker whose son Ifan came on as hooker for the Ospreys tonight

Edited by LLANDRE - 14 April 2018 at 11:43am
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 9:52am
I know he's a marmite one it seems but I like him despite everything
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 10:02am
Jiffy is a pretty poor commentator full stop. He is very knowledgeable about attacking lines etc but as a commentator no. You also have to question his judgement - to say that the Ospreys against Ulster was a good game was ridiculous. It was total dross. One side had no clue how to use possession, the other not a clue on how to keep possession. End result clueless. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 12:11pm
i wont be signing this petition  sorry
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 12:55pm
One man's meats is another man's poison.

Jiffy is ok, bless him, he's no worse or better than a heck of a lot of other so called experts on TV.

I have written on this site that last week's Osprey's game was the best awful game of rugby I have seen in a long time, good no, I enjoyed it, as there were so many mistakes and a wonderful heroic defensive display by the Ospreys, which really no one can deny. 
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

One man's meats is another man's poison.
Jiffy is ok, bless him, he's no worse or better than a heck of a lot of other so called experts on TV.

I think the point being made isn't one of ability, more one of downright obnoxiousness. If he wasn't a great commentator but tried his best then I think it would be seen as that, and nobody would have a problem with it.

In that Ospreys Ulster game he was as worse as he's ever been. He treats the gig like a boy's club. Like he's untouchable. To do an impression in a high pitched voice of a former player while commentating live on television just isn't professional.

He's very good when he does the rugby league, because it's normally network BBC to the entire UK, not just Wales, he's on his best behaviour, he does more analytical depth because he's out of the Welsh goldfish bowl. Symptomatic of the entire media culture in Welsh rugby perhaps.

Either way, we might not have to listen to him next year if Premier Sports don't hire him.
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 3:16pm
As BBC Wales have lost the rights to the pro14 rugby next year what's the point in a petition to get one of the best union and league player in history off the air.
Some people have too much time on there hands. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 8:58pm
I have to admit that I’m not overly keen on him commentating on games as he often finds himself trying to fill voids in play by trying to be funny and amusing. Unfortunately BBC Wales are not currently blessed with great commentators so that role has been pretty safe for him. As has been mentioned above, it is noticeable that his presentation usually goes up a notch when he’s covering the 6 nations or rugby league. His analysis on the other hand is often very accurate and informative.
Perhaps the best thing to happen would be for either BBC Wales or S4C to have the rights for a highlights programme and then just employ him for his analysis (which we have to admit is very good). We would then have to only listen to him in short bursts and he’d have to stick more to script (so to speak).
merthyr.T.x.scarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merthyr.T.x.scarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 9:08pm
It's very very rare I post on here. But this is easily the most embarrassing thing I've seen on here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/walesxscarlets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic