Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pivac not happy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Exkixu Exkixu wrote:

I don't get this last bit:

<span style="color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Pivac revealed the Scarlets have already agreed a deal to replace the departing Williams, with an announcement to come.</span>
<span style="color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">
</span>
Is he talking about another player on top of Fonotia?

It's a typo, correctly reported by the West Wales Chronicle among others - BBC can't tell their Williamses from their Davieses, though now corrected.

Twitterer @ebenezer68
Sponsored Links

Sosban89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by 1carmscarletsfan 1carmscarletsfan wrote:

I've always thought it strange they announce the transfers so early in the season. look at biggar and Webb that was almost at the start of the season if not before and surely if you are going to a rival club it can't be good for the players, fans either

Totally agree with this. If a big player decides to join another club just before a big game it could have an impact on squad morale. There should be a lot better process for it than there is now.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 6:34am

I've always thought it strange they announce the transfers so early in the season. look at biggar and Webb that was almost at the start of the season if not before and surely if you are going to a rival club it can't be good for the players, fans either

Couldn`t agree more. I think I`m right in saying that the departures of Ben Morgan and North were announced after Christmas. Even in soccer it`s rare that announcements like these are made before Christmas, even when "it is known" that they won`t be staying (as a Liverpool fan, Suarez leaving wasn`t confirmed until the end of the season).

The biggest issue as I see it is that with the ever increasing influence of social media, all outlets want to be first to be the ones who make the announcement. Also (and with no reference to anyone on here intended) it is usually family and friends that leak the news first. Sadly, as supporters, we can`t influence it. 

In Pivac we trust
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 6:51am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Exkixu Exkixu wrote:

I don't get this last bit:

<span style="font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Pivac revealed the Scarlets have already agreed a deal to replace the departing Williams, with an announcement to come.</span>
<span style="font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">
</span>
Is he talking about another player on top of Fonotia?

No he's talking about a replacement for Aled Davies. Think there's been a misprint 

Steff,if you have something to say please say it if not just shut up,this nonsensical I know something you don't is wearing very thin.
I've messaged you my number so you can give me a ring and say what you think rather than act in a childish manner on here.
I don't see what was childish nearly every post you make is a one liner which suggests you know something that no one else does,"it's not Barclay either" 3 posts after the one i'm replying to is a case in point,i find it hilarious that you call someone on the forum childish after threatening to stop posting if someone(wil I think) didn't like your posts.as I said above if you have something to share share it but please cut the miss marple routine.by the way nothing came through as a p.m.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 8:55am
I would honestly think it's not Jon or Tadhg . They knew early on about moves for them
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
SF's only officially endorsed pollster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 1:52pm
I'm not sure what's to gain from making these comments really, it's only going to provoke speculation and it's likely that neither party is entirely innocent.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 2:31pm
Indeed G12. They never are in working life , which this is for the parties ,and its just a pointless exercise in negativity. Players have moved on and the Region doesn't seem to be totally peed off either. Future focus please ..
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 2:45pm
Yes totally agree. Can't say I am too interested in the for whys. Decisions have been made. I am sure all parties involved will have had their say privately as they should. Am I as a Scarlet fan itching to find out all the facts - not really. I will continue to support those who pull on our shirt regardless. I wish all 4 lads who are leaving every future success in their careers and maybe we can welcome them home sometime in the future. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 2:47pm
Agree with the last 3 posts - let's move on, forget this and concentrate on the rest of the season.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Couldn`t agree more. I think I`m right in saying that the departures of Ben Morgan and North were announced after Christmas. Even in soccer it`s rare that announcements like these are made before Christmas, even when "it is known" that they won`t be staying (as a Liverpool fan, Suarez leaving wasn`t confirmed until the end of the season).

The biggest issue as I see it is that with the ever increasing influence of social media, all outlets want to be first to be the ones who make the announcement. Also (and with no reference to anyone on here intended) it is usually family and friends that leak the news first. Sadly, as supporters, we can`t influence it. 

foxy announced his departure in November if I remember correctly.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

foxy announced his departure in November if I remember correctly.

As did Sanjay. It happens.
In Pivac we trust
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 6:39pm
I don't think it was wise for Pivac to bring this into the public domain. Things like this should remain in-house.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 7:49pm
[QUOTE=LLANDRE] I don't think it was wise for Pivac to bring this into the public domain. Things like this should remain in-house. [/QUOTE
I have no problem with it he just saying the club wanted the player/players to stay but they have gone and done things on their own. There is nothing wrong with that their choice but the club has a right to put its position its up to the player/ players if they want to come out and say what happened.
What annoys me is that I was under the impression that it was a happy squad and. the players got on well with coaches it seems that all is not well between some players and the coaching staff.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
The Brain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Brain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 8:14pm
Not aimed at anyone in particular but I'm not a fan of these allegedly "in the know" posters who come on with the cryptic titbits, but don't seem to come up with any more than that, other than infuriating everyone else in the process.

That's why I've resisted posting on here about this as I thought someone else may know what's actually gone on as well.
Now I'm certainly not "in the know" like some, but just someone who occasionally happens to bump into players or members of their immediate family that I know and get chatting.

Aled decided to sign for the O's a month or so ago and apparently just came out with it at the time to Pivac, who was in my opinion rightly wazzed off about it as it was an "I'm off" statement and not a "I've been offered another job" type of discussion.

I can't be 100% certain of the next bit as I've not been able to confirm it with WP by speaking to him, but apparently he told Aled that he'd essentially be on gardening leave for the rest of the season in that case.

Of course this was before Jon Evans got crocked which means Aled now HAS to feature for a while.

This is what I've heard, so don't know if that answers a question.

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 8:17pm
From the quotes in the article this is what was said:-

"We're disappointed to lose any player," Pivac said. "Some of them are really good players."

"At the end of the day it's a professional environment we just encourage the players to get all the information they need and to make an informed decision," he said.

"Some of them are really really good and they give their club the last right of reply.

"Some do their own thing so [we are] very pleased with a couple of the players who went through a thorough process with us and we are disappointed with a couple of others."

If a player feels he has to leave a club because he feels he's not having enough game time or not getting paid enough or whatever, no matter how the club sugar coats it the player is going to be disappointed. Some having left hold their counsel, some dont.

On the flip side of that the club having lost a player they wanted to retain can also feel disappointed. The above was a coach expressing his disappointment imo.

I know from having heard from a previous player who left there are always 2 sides to an argument or a parting of ways. If a players is unhappy there are ways for him to express that if they should so wish.

Due to the nature of 2 year contracts and larger squads the chances of there being players leaving unhappy at events or the region being unhappy at events increases. I would say in 'general' the region handles player contracts and departures pretty damn well and the end of year presentations are classy and genuine events.

Love or loathe him Pivac is straight, a typical New Zealander you might say. Many love his frankness at Crys meetings and would we want to change that? No I wouldnt, but as I said in the Moriarty thread perhaps Wayne is at times too frank and should perhaps hold a little bit back. I'm sure that's a discussion that occurs between Jon and Wayne on a regular basis.

I dont think there's too much to worry about here and I'm sure all the players who leave us this May will have a fabulous send off with all appropriate thanks. Any of those players who want to have their say post departure or whenever they choose to do so can fill their boots its their perogative, as Pivac probably felt it was his.

Recruitment, retention and departures is a nightmare. It never used to be like this. Like I said we are pretty good at it but there's always room for improvement as in any thing we do.

Let's not forget as well the influence of social media. We are now constantly nipping away at the Scarlets on Twitter for news of signings. Its become an obsession on our part, we want news, we almost demand it. Am I right even to criticise our head coach for being too open when all we do is badger him and others at the region for any little snippets we can prize out of them.

The Scarlets are aware of the influence of social media and the benefits of it promoting themselves, its a developing process and we are all involved. The way that recrutiment is linked in to that is also developing process. But can we always ensure parties at the opposite sides of a negotiation always reach an amicable solution? No we cant, as its human nature that partnerships dont always end amicably. All we can do is strive to do our best.             

Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 8:23pm
Basically someone has thrown their toys out of the pram because they're not 1st teamers and have jumped ship instead of battling it out. To me, in these instances, we're better off without them. Who ever they are.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic