Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Pivacout?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 12:42pm
If we don't do something we will be paying challenge cup rugby next season.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sponsored Links

Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

People entitled to their opinions, I didn't boo, maybe cos I left on the hour, but no way do I blame supporters that did
To many p c comments on here. Free speech still applies in this country at the moment, we are playing awful, coached awful and need help in which ever way we can

Free speach is absolutely critical to this forum, but so is someone's right to respond to it. Criticise selection, tactics by all means, fill your boots. But sacking our coaches, the ones who won us a league title when they are already set to leave at the end of the season to be our National coaches would be the most disgraceful action ever carried out by a Scarlet board. One action that I am 100% certain our current board would never ever consider.

For anyone to think that is even a possiblity and are calling for it, are clueless imo. its futile in any regard.

The anti Pivac and Stevo knives will be out quick enough with Andy Howell's of this world, for our own supporters to be turning so quickly against them is shameful.

Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

If we don't do something we will be paying challenge cup rugby next season.

Absolutley, we're in freefall at present. We've got to somehow stop the rot and find some form. We've got players to come back which will help. Protest is not the answer in this situation imo. We have to rally and get behind the boys, its the only positive thing we fans can do to help.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

People entitled to their opinions, I didn't boo, maybe cos I left on the hour, but no way do I blame supporters that did
To many p c comments on here. Free speech still applies in this country at the moment, we are playing awful, coached awful and need help in which ever way we can

Free speach is absolutely critical to this forum, but so is someone's right to respond to it. Criticise selection, tactics by all means, fill your boots. But sacking our coaches, the ones who won us a league title when they are already set to leave at the end of the season to be our National coaches would be the most disgraceful action ever carried out by a Scarlet board. One action that I am 100% certain our current board would never ever consider.

For anyone to think that is even a possiblity and are calling for it, are clueless imo. its futile in any regard.

The anti Pivac and Stevo knives will be out quick enough with Andy Howell's of this world, for our own supporters to be turning so quickly against them is shameful.

So if we lose next 3 will you still say the same
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:17pm
Forwards have always set the platform for wins in rugby matches and we did well despite our relatively small pack in last 2-3 years due to the skills of John Barclay and then Beirne plus a largely fit forward squad. We have lost them for ever and then Cubby was off long term and Shingler so more huge blows especially on turnovers. And then you add Jake Ball !

We then lose Cummins and Blade for a while when we are already ravaged. This also ignores “routine “ injuries to other back players such as Prydie and Jon Evans and in the forwards,Samson etc . Cassiem has been poor. It’s hardly surprising we have gone back. The Cardiff back 5 were bigger than ours as well. We need to beef up the pack as a priority which means £ £. So many reasons .

Then the 10 playmaker role where the coaches plainly are worried on Dans defensive level ( as the Blues try quickly illustrated that concern. So many issues have arisen ...We all need to calm down and rebuild .

Edited by reesytheexile - 30 December 2018 at 1:23pm
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Forwards have always set the platform for wins in rugby matches and we did well despite our relatively small pack in last 2-3 years due to the skills of John Barclay and then Beirne plus a largely fit forward squad. We have lost them for ever and then Cubby was off long term and Shingler so more huge blows especially on turnovers. And then you add Jake Ball !

We then lose Cummins and Blade for a while when we are already ravaged. This also ignores “routine “ injuries to other back players such as Prydie and Jon Evans and in the forwards,Samson etc . Cassiem has been poor. It’s hardly surprising we have gone back. The Cardiff back 5 were bigger than ours as well. We need to beef up the pack as a priority which means £ £. So many reasons .

Then the 10 playmaker role where the coaches plainly are worried on Dans defensive level ( as the Blues try quickly illustrated that concern. So many issues have arisen ...We all need to calm down and rebuild .

Injuries are crippling us, but we had 70% possession and territory last night had enough ball to win the game twice over and same against the Ospreys so the pack have done there job .
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:20pm

Yeah let's sack the next Welsh coach and sour future relations with him
making ourselves the laughing stock of world rugby. And while we're at
it, let's sack the greatest Scarlet of the pro era?

Congratulations Speedy on the most embarrassing thread in the history of Scarlet Fever.

I'm sure your not alone though Parc Y Scarlets must be littered with dummies today, spat out by the booers last night. Grow a pair ffs and show some dignity.

Ive had enough already today. Its bad enough losing our home record like that but to have this hysterical reaction is pathetic.

Well said Tim.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:57pm
Love the one eyed people on this site...

It's ok guys we are the scarlets.. FFS carry on the way we are going and we WILL be playing challenge cup rugby next season. And if the next head coach of Wales throws his teddies out of his pram because he was moved on then IMO so be it. Pivac, Jones and Co. are really struggling to get the best out of the players and need to be moved on before our season is well and truly finished.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
FIRST AND LAST View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIRST AND LAST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:10pm
Over 70% possession & territory and we come away with a loss of 34 - 5. Ticked all the boxes for line out and scrum but no clue how to cross the try line in this game or the last. One out runners being tackled by a pod  of 3 defenders, could have played all through the night and we would not have scored a creative try. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:22pm

Yeah let's sack the next Welsh coach and sour future relations with him
making ourselves the laughing stock of world rugby. And while we're at
it, let's sack the greatest Scarlet of the pro era?

Congratulations Speedy on the most embarrassing thread in the history of Scarlet Fever.

I'm sure your not alone though Parc Y Scarlets must be littered with dummies today, spat out by the booers last night. Grow a pair ffs and show some dignity.

Ive had enough already today. Its bad enough losing our home record like that but to have this hysterical reaction is pathetic.
Spot on mate whilst I understand the anger and frustration this thread is an ill informed embarrassment.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:24pm

It's ok guys we are the scarlets.. FFS carry on the way we are going and we WILL be playing challenge cup rugby next season. And if the next head coach of Wales throws his teddies out of his pram because he was moved on then IMO so be it. Pivac, Jones and Co. are really struggling to get the best out of the players and need to be moved on before our season is well and truly finished.
Consider your current situation with next season’s funding model which is still being negotiated. What you’re suggesting would be a disaster of epic proportions
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Consider your current situation with next season’s funding model which is still being negotiated. What you’re suggesting would be a disaster of epic proportions

if it stays as the way we are we won't get the funding to compete in the Heineken Cup as we'll be playing challenge cup rugby.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Seriously though we might need to be seen to do something about this. We're desperately short at lock, flanker and 10. I'd really like to see us bring in some cover. 
We're still still here!
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:45pm

So if we lose next 3 will you still say the same

I don't think it is the time for rash decisions. Pivac and Jones gave us more glory in the past 2 years than all the others combined over 15 years. I have no doubt they are trying to work it through.

I do believe playing people in their positions is important. I also think if you are underpeforming then you need to sit for a few weeks. I'm not buying the argument re injuries. All teams have injuries. We have recruited to cover for that but those players aren't at the top of their game.

But shocker is right. If we keep losing and losing, there ill have to be a point where they coaches are ejected (because it couldn't get worse). I don't want that to happen, I don't see that happening and they retain my support. Let's just concentrate on January. This Blues game could well be our nadir in the season. If the result of the Dragons game is a loss then that will be a new low though. I am glad we are playing them however, as it is the team we need to face in order to get a much needed victory.

I do wonder what has transformed this team from one of champions to one that can't seem to buy a win. 

Pivac/Jones (and maybe Hayward) heading out is part of it
Losing lots of high quality - Liam, DTH, Scott, Barclay, Tadgh, Aled is another
Their replacements not maintaining their standards (at least not yet)

Rumours that several players not giving their all in training
Injuries in part - Ball, Patch and Blade the biggest losses
What other players are on their way out - Johnny McNich?,  Rob Evs?, etc that is affecting players

But half of these (the lower half of the list) is something that goes on in every team every season. You just find a way to deal with it. And we obviously aren't.

Edited by ScarletBear - 30 December 2018 at 3:47pm
Scarlets before Wales
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:54pm

royboi72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royboi72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 4:22pm
Is it the fault of the coaches when a senior player in a key position decides to have fish bites, chips and a battered sausage from a chippy less than 24 hours before a game? Or is it a lack of professionalism from a player likely to be earning more in a month than I do in a year?  Is this lack of professionalism an issue throughout the squad?

My take of it all is that Pivac has lost the dressing room since it was announced he was leaving at the end of the season, resulting in some players displaying a "couldn't be bothered" attitude in many games this season.  Lose next weekend and Pivac should offer his resignation. It's then up to the WRU whether they want to continue with their plan.

Where does not qualifying for the CC leave us?  Will we still get the extra funding from the WRU?  Will our coach elect change his mind?

Lots of questions for a first post, can't wait for the replies! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic