Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pivac's rallying call

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote insidehalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pivac's rallying call
    Posted: 19 January 2018 at 11:09am
Wayne said in the meeting last night when asked what does he want from the supporters. He mentioned what Tadgh had said to Rob Evans on the pitch last Friday night. He said the players are aware of the support and he wants us singing & shouting support all through the game, even if its a quiet phase of the game don't let the opposition settle with a quiet stadium keep the pressure on. Let them know this is our patch. LET'S DO THIS.
Sponsored Links

scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 12:18pm
Ive said this elsewhere on the forum, us as supporters have a huge part to play tomorrow, we have to be as vocal as possible and have to get behind the boys from 5pm tomorrow until 7.30pm! we have to get on Toulons backs like the french public do when they play away from the Stade Muyol. If the boys go down 18-0 then we have to pick them up and make them beleive they can still do it.

We have had full houses in the past and the atmosphere has been poor, lets make sure we make it as intimidating as possible tomorrow and carry on where we left of in the stands last Friday night
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 1:01pm
There's only going to be a handful of Toulon fans there Saturday night. Let's hope we can make their team feel a little bit lonely for 80 minutes.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

There's only going to be a handful of Toulon fans there Saturday night. Let's hope we can make their team feel a little bit lonely for 80 minutes.

Apparently they sold less than 50 tickets from their allocation
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Apparently they sold less than 50 tickets from their allocation
Yep.
They're a damn good side, though, who know how to win knock-out matches. We need to make the superior numbers count.

ScarletCyclops View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletCyclops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 1:44pm
We need to create a wall of sound tomorrow. Let’s take the energy from last Friday and multiply it by 10!,
I was also at the Wales-England match in 2013 and England were beaten before they kicked off, after the most rousing national anthem I’ve ever heard. Hartley admitted so afterwards.
That is our challenge tomorrow - we MUST (no WILL) rise to the occasion!!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 2:09pm

Lets make no bones about it the Parc is a fortress one home defeat in 16 months in league and Europe, on that wet night against Bath after a ridiculous 5 day turnaround that killed us without a doubt. So now on to Toulon tomorrow the biggest game ever at Parc Y Scarlets so sing and chant non stop from beginning to end, each and everyone us going to be epic !!!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 2:31pm
The thing about away support is that everyone is congregated in one place so it’s louder. People are spread out in the stadium and not everyone is a vocal supporter.
gofer88 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gofer88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

The thing about away support is that everyone is congregated in one place so it’s louder. People are spread out in the stadium and not everyone is a vocal supporter.

Full house, 50 toulon fans out of 14,500.... Can't use the spread out excuse tomorrow. I'm even expecting the south to make some noise. 

I'd like to think a full PYS can have something like the hostility and energy of the Marcel Michelin for an occasion like tomorrow.

No excuses.
Scarlets elite away supporters - Con Air
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 3:41pm
I remember we had the choir mic’d up for a European game a few years ago, think it was a scrappy affair against Leicester Tigers where for some reason I remember Rich Kelly breaking his arm.
Be good to have something like that tomorrow where they start off a few Welsh songs and let the crowd pick them up.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 4:02pm
People need to be vocal it helps the players out as they've said themselves. Might as well sit at home if your going to be quiet
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

People need to be vocal it helps the players out as they've said themselves. Might as well sit at home if your going to be quiet

Indeed - I don't get some 'fans' - in some places I get funny looks for shouting at the players (or ref Wink).
But then, i also shout at the TV!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Indeed - I don't get some 'fans' - in some places I get funny looks for shouting at the players (or ref 
Wink).

Nearly smashed the glass on the tele with my shouting last week! Sometimes you get funny looks or sometimes people laugh at you obviously they aren't passionate supporters and just fancy some fresh air. Can't wait for tomorrow! Treating it like an away day early start and all that!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 4:09pm
SYNCHRONISED organized singing, a brass band or smaller band int he crowd, lyrics written in the programmes too
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 4:10pm

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Indeed - I don't get some 'fans' - in some places I get funny looks for shouting at the players (or ref 
Wink).

Nearly smashed the glass on the tele with my shouting last week! Sometimes you get funny looks or sometimes people laugh at you obviously they aren't passionate supporters and just fancy some fresh air. Can't wait for tomorrow! Treating it like an away day early start and all that!

They could get that walking the dog, or playing a round of golf!LOL
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 4:10pm
Llandre will get is organised I'm sure of it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic