Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Player of the season so far?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Player of the season so far?
    Posted: 18 March 2020 at 3:33pm
A slight distraction from the current state of affairs. Who has been you player of the season so far and why?

For me it has to be Cassiem. The bloke has carried well and lead the team from the front. His positivity and interaction with the fans is also something that caught my eye. He’s a true professional. Wouldn’t mind seeing him take the captaincy in future. 
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

A slight distraction from the current state of affairs. Who has been you player of the season so far and why?

For me it has to be Cassiem. The bloke has carried well and lead the team from the front. His positivity and interaction with the fans is also something that caught my eye. He’s a true professional. Wouldn’t mind seeing him take the captaincy in future. 

Well he has certainly redeemed himself this season. I would say the 3 candidates are Casseim, Josh McLoud & Steff Hughes. I guess that list tells its own story - we really need a couple of front 5 forwards to be pushing for that honour. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 5:00pm
Josh for me
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 5:35pm
cassiem/mcloud dead heat.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 6:12pm
Hughes ( the gel) with Casseim 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 7:01pm
On the basis of who has changed minds and opinions, Cassiem has done so probably more than Steff Hughes.

Steff has probably elicited the feeling of, “We always knew he was good. Didn’t realise he was as good as this”.

Josh has continued his fine form of last year.

For fan engagement, Cassiem has really been better than brilliant.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 7:43pm
MacLeod for me.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 7:53pm

Cassiem just ahead of Macleod. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 8:11pm
Macleod has played for almost every minute and has given a 100% effort while producing a consistently high standard.
AOB is the most improved player.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

On the basis of who has changed minds and opinions, Cassiem has done so probably more than Steff Hughes.

Steff has probably elicited the feeling of, “We always knew he was good. Didn’t realise he was as good as this”.

Josh has continued his fine form of last year.

For fan engagement, Cassiem has really been better than brilliant.
Cant  disagree with that other than to add re Steff ( as I forget!) that he has had the responsibility of being Captain as well for a lot of the season and has played in nearly every game. 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 11:54pm
Cassiem for me. At last we have a proper #8.
Scarlets before Wales
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 8:52am
Clubman of the year Cassiem

Player of the year - Macleod ( by some dstance).
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 9:12am
Cassiem for me. Josh has undoubtedly stepped up but Cassiem has been incredible in a position we have been crying out for. 
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 11:14am
Agree with the above, Cassiem is so improved over last year (with good reason to be fair). Josh outstanding again and Angus has showed what a bit of fitness can do for you. Shout out for Javan as well, looks a great prospect.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 11:39am
Only had a few opportunities, but Jac Morgan has not looked out of place at PRO14 and Challenge Cup level.

For me it would be AOB. A whole season missed but having come back, he is performing at a good level, and has done so in 2 positions.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 11:52am
Both Cassiem and Macleod have had absolute stormers.

For me, the sheer rise in quality in Macleods game has been remarkable. He is playing as if he is a seasoned pro now. definite player of the season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic