Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please sir I want some mooar.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Re Corey - correct me if I’m incorrect but allegedly Corey agreed terms with Exeter before coming back to the scarlets ? 
Real shame that he’s gone - nows the time to bring in strength and quality

I cannot comment accurately on a timeline but I can say with some accuracy that he was offered an initial contract by the Scarlets which was lower than the one that was offered by Exeter. 

The scenario with Baldwin is just like any other player then, offered a renewal, offered more elsewhere then we decided to match it, don’t see anything wrong with what has happened in dealing with Baldwin if the timeline is correct, Baldwin decided to go to Exeter, only time will tell if that is a good choice or not.

Don't think we are suggesting there is anything unusual or wrong in the process. Certainly Dic & I have expressed our reservations throughout the season regarding Corey's treatment as far as selection is concerned. Whether that selection experience had anything to do with his final decision only he could advise. I think many would agree on one thing - disappointment on seeing an excellent prospect leave. 
How has Corey been treated badly? He’s had a lot of rugby this season. The coaches know a lot more than us and it’s not unusual for centres to start on the wing. Realistically he’ll probably play less for Exeter.

Mooar never picked Hughes on the wing,presumably because he cannot run quickly.He did pick him at 13,though,ahead of Baldwin and anyone else.At the same time he was a  guest on Scrum V,where I heard him say about Tompkins "he has the pace required to play at 13".I think it fair to conclude,that even if he does"know a lot more than us",then he's a little bit of a hypocrite.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 17 May 2020 at 3:07pm
Sponsored Links

henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:30pm
The facts are, at some points in the season Parkes, Foxy and Fonotia were missing from the team and Baldwin still didn't get a shot at 13. I wouldn't have been happy in his position, unhappy enough to leave? Maybe.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

The facts are, at some points in the season Parkes, Foxy and Fonotia were missing from the team and Baldwin still didn't get a shot at 13. I wouldn't have been happy in his position, unhappy enough to leave? Maybe.
jeez boys you could swear we'd lost dan carter not a promising youngster.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:53pm
Yes as my comment. If it’s true that he was offered a deal by us after Exeter’s but decided to take Exeter’s , then there’s nothing we could do.  Personally if he’s done that , then it’s poor on his part . If he wanted to go then best of luck . It appears that the board couldn’t have done more . 
If What I’m saying isn’t accurate then feel free to advise as to what’s the correct version .
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 5:06pm
In 20 years time, on this forum, a quiz question of "list as many Scarlet head coaches as you can" and Brad will be one of the least remembered. Sad but likely to be true. Behind Nigel, Easterby and hopefully Delaney. 
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 5:22pm
[QUOTE=John]In 20 years time, on this forum, a quiz question of "list as many Scarlet head coaches as you can" and Brad will be one of the least remembered. Sad but likely to be true. Behind Nigel, Easterby and hopefully Delaney. 
[/QUOTE
Pointless 🙄
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:34pm

This topic did go off on a tangent a bit 😂

The Baldwin issue was amongst a few reasons why I don't see Brad as a Scarlets legend. No more than that, I'm sure we'll manage fine without Baldwin
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:29am

This topic did go off on a tangent a bit 😂

The Baldwin issue was amongst a few reasons why I don't see Brad as a Scarlets legend. No more than that, I'm sure we'll manage fine without Baldwin

Of course we will survive without Corey. For goodness sake bois bach this is not meant to be an Old Bailey event. Dic & I, in the main, have commented about what we saw as odd selection decisions some of which were regarding Corey. Dic's comments regarding Brad saying that Tompkins had the pace to play 13 also bring into question the selection of Steff Hughes at 13. Now Steff is a fine, intelligent player but quick he ain't. Lets face it does anyone disagree that Corey is one of the best centres to come out of our academy since Foxy & Scott? If you agree then it is surely pretty understandable that some of us are unhappy to lose him. 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:12am
In his short tenure, he smiled and smiled and talked with a dignity and enthusiasm which was infectious.  Everytime he spoke " live" on TV he would say the right words to every situation and came across as a real decent human being and a damn good egg, even someone as athletically ungifted and useless as me, would have loved to have played for him. Some try to create charisma,  but some ooze the stuff and he had it by the bucketful. He was engaging and a delight to listen too. His status as a Scarlet coach will always have that " what if " and that's a shame, but when we've had so many debates on here for Club or Country and which is far the most important etc,etc,etc. no person would turn down the opportunity of an All Black role, so good luck to them and a sincere good luck to a guy who brought the Rubettes caps back into fashion. Bottom line he made the trek with his family to the best part of Wales and for that and whatever he brought, that is known and the unknown work/stuff he did, thankyou Sir for representing New Zealand in the best possible light and thanks for shining at a time the Scarlets needed some new direction and a dose of enthusiasm and ownership of the best club side in the UK.

Edited by lofty evans - 19 May 2020 at 9:13am
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

In his short tenure, he smiled and smiled and talked with a dignity and enthusiasm which was infectious.  Everytime he spoke " live" on TV he would say the right words to every situation and came across as a real decent human being and a damn good egg, even someone as athletically ungifted and useless as me, would have loved to have played for him. Some try to create charisma,  but some ooze the stuff and he had it by the bucketful. He was engaging and a delight to listen too. His status as a Scarlet coach will always have that " what if " and that's a shame, but when we've had so many debates on here for Club or Country and which is far the most important etc,etc,etc. no person would turn down the opportunity of an All Black role, so good luck to them and a sincere good luck to a guy who brought the Rubettes caps back into fashion. Bottom line he made the trek with his family to the best part of Wales and for that and whatever he brought, that is known and the unknown work/stuff he did, thankyou Sir for representing New Zealand in the best possible light and thanks for shining at a time the Scarlets needed some new direction and a dose of enthusiasm and ownership of the best club side in the UK.

Hear hear Lofty!!!!
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:23am

Great post Lofty. Thumbs Up
Joshua24:15
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:16am

An excellent positive reflective snap shot of the Brad Mooar stay and his time with us in Llanelli. Well said Lofty 👍 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 1:11pm
Like a bright glorious sunny day - the effect of a Lofty post
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:02pm
I’ll call him a legend in his own right not necessarily a Scarlet legend. The man was inspirational and full of character like no coach I’d seen. On the Pro 14 post match analysis slots with the coaches the pundits were like kids buzzing with excitement around him. 

Edited by Huwbach - 19 May 2020 at 9:06pm
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 2:23pm
There is a nice piece on the BBC website, with an emotional farewell message from Brad, who leaves the UK today, alone with Hadley.
Diolch yn fawr to both.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic