Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2006
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPopham @ 8 for France Match

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Popham @ 8 for France Match
    Posted: 15 March 2006 at 2:01pm
Sponsored Links

sally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 2:39pm

About time!

Great news, Congratulations Alix, VERY well deserved.

Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 3:25pm
Aurelian Rougerie to run all over ickle Shane I'm afraid!!
C'mon you Irons
blindlinesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blindlinesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 4:40pm
Didn't know we had a flanker called M. Owen!! Why is he retained? Is there any objective decision making at the WRU?
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 6:22pm
great that popham gets his chance, but how bad does owen need to be to be dropped?
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

tisiphone View Drop Down
Burn, baby, burn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tisiphone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 6:32pm
The reason Owen been put at 6 (and hasn't been dropped) is because we're playing the pod system. Popham and Delve have never played the pod system at international level. Welcome to a very boring game from us on Saturday. 
Swansea Osprey
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 7:38pm
Scott Johnson doesn't give a damn does he!?

Congratulations Alix! What's the idea of Shane Williams on the wing and Henson still in the squad??? And where's Barry Davies!? How much does he have to prove himself????

Disgraceful!
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:07pm
good riddance to johnson who has proved he hasn't got the bottle to drop out of form players. furthermore i thought the pod system ended when henry left, the only pod system i can see now is unfit players caught out of position slowing play down.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

tisiphone View Drop Down
Burn, baby, burn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tisiphone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

good riddance to johnson who has proved he hasn't got the bottle to drop out of form players. furthermore i thought the pod system ended when henry left, the only pod system i can see now is unfit players caught out of position slowing play down.

I know and I [beep]ing agree with you! SJ's experimenting badly with the forwards; he doesn't have a clue what goes on with them. Remember the Lions tour? Pod system was played too. Scott's thinking of chucking our forwards against the French? Must be having a laugh, either that or having an attitude of 'Well I'm [beep]ing off back to Oz in a couple of weeks, who cares?'.
'Sexy rugby' Scott? Well if you think that being buggered is...

Swansea Osprey
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:55pm

Originally posted by tisiphone tisiphone wrote:

I know and I [beep]ing agree with you! SJ's experimenting badly with the forwards; he doesn't have a clue what goes on with them. Remember the Lions tour? Pod system was played too. Scott's thinking of chucking our forwards against the French? Must be having a laugh, either that or having an attitude of 'Well I'm [beep]ing off back to Oz in a couple of weeks, who cares?'.
'Sexy rugby' Scott? Well if you think that being buggered is...

Well said LaHa

tisiphone View Drop Down
Burn, baby, burn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tisiphone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:50am
Thanks pet! 
Swansea Osprey
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:03am
You're welcome!

west-is-best View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote west-is-best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:38am

About time we had a hard player with plenty of 'dog'. Owen's soft hands are just that.

Owen probably not dropped as they rarely drop the captain.

I'm Scarlet 'till I die!

yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 4:28pm

furthermore i thought the pod system ended when henry left, the only pod system i can see now is unfit players caught out of position slowing play down.

What about last year?
westwalesdragon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westwalesdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 2:12pm

Daf Jones to come on when ScottJ finally realises Owen is the worst blinside flanker to play rugby. Has he ever played blinside? What a joke.

I think we'll see Daf James marking Rougerie, well i hope we do, or as someone said, he'll bulldoze shane.

Oh, and Luscombe will never be able to cope with Fritz, i hope he proves me wrong, but i've been saying that for the last 5 matches!

WestWalesDragon

DgembaDgemba View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DgembaDgemba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by westwalesdragon westwalesdragon wrote:

Daf Jones to come on when ScottJ finally realises Owen is the worst blinside flanker to play rugby. Has he ever played blinside? What a joke.

That'll be on the 79th minute when were are 30 points down then

The localised condition of planetary atmospheric condensation caused a malfunction in the visual orientation circuits...

Or to put it another way, we got lost in the fog.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic