Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PPI claims

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PPI claims
    Posted: 07 June 2011 at 11:06am
Has anyone tried claiming these back and been successful?
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 7:38pm
yes,but i had to go through one of the no win no fees crowd but this was before the recent climbdown by the banks,had £1300 less 27%.self employed though.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
William Martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 10:48am
The PPI mainly helps when some unpredictable accident, unemployment, or critical illness occurs that makes it impossible for the borrower to make monthly payment. A Payment Protection Insurance policy takes care of this inability to make monthly payments of the loan

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 7:51pm
William, you weren't Sherlock Holmes bloodhound in a previous life were you?
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 7:59pm
Don't pay these ambulance chasers. Read Martin Lewis' tips on his Moneysavingexpert website and do it yourself without lining the very deep pockets of these predators. They don't add anything to your ability to claim. You only need see how they are able to use software to sniff out leads to work out how they operate.

They'll be telling you next that you forgot you had an accident that was somebody else's fault.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Don't pay these ambulance chasers. Read Martin Lewis' tips on his Moneysavingexpert website and do it yourself without lining the very deep pockets of these predators. They don't add anything to your ability to claim. You only need see how they are able to use software to sniff out leads to work out how they operate.

They'll be telling you next that you forgot you had an accident that was somebody else's fault.

i tried the martin lewis route but as i said this was before the climbdown by the banks,
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Mister Jolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mister Jolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 8:51pm
I find it incredible that so many people signed up for these insurance policies in the first place.
Just because my second name's Jolly, it doesn't mean I have to be jolly all the ****ing time

Jolly Tours - A jolly time for all (just keep away from the fountains)
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by William Martin William Martin wrote:

The PPI mainly helps when some unpredictable accident, unemployment, or
critical illness occurs that makes it impossible for the borrower to
make monthly payment. A Payment Protection Insurance policy takes care
of this inability to make monthly payments of the loan<div style="overflow: ;">

On paper it does, in reality it doesn't! My PPI that I had going back over 10 years ago was a joke. Was miss sold as I was told that I had to have it with my mortgage, was made redundant 2 years later and never saw a penny! The criteria for getting anything paid out was just a joke and not explained at all when I took out the policy. To name a few things:

1. They wouldn't pay the full mortgage repayment, just a % after taking my wife's salary into account
2. You were paid in arrears, after a 8 week wait to process the claim, on top of the arrears of a month (3 months minimum before you'd see a penny - know of anyone that has 3 months mortgage as spare cash when you lose your job?)
3. The best one, you had to send proof every two weeks that you were still claiming job seekers allowance, which had to be physically signed and dasted by the job centre! Every two weeks is when you signed on basically.
4. Masses of claim forms to fill in each fortnight to send with the job seekers proof.

So, if anyone knew some of these conditions listed above, would you have taken out PPI in the first place?
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 11:45am
Well I don't disagree with what you're saying. If you're living within the United Kingdom you more than likely have detected about the mis-selling of payment protection insurance.

Lenders mis sold Payment Protection Insurance so that they may reap the rewards of the multi billion pound revenue stream that it generated on an annual basis.

If you were sold-out Payment Protection Insurance on a loan, Mortgage or mastercard that you simply didn't want, wish or would benefit from you'll be able to reclaim these premiums and interest and associated charges.
scarlet157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 7:20pm
I was told it was a condition of my loan to cover repayments for sick/redundancy even though I told them that where I work if I go on Long term sick I get full pay for 6 months and 1/2 pay for another 6 months before my Parc y Scarletstops. We also used to have a fairly good redundancy package which would have more than covered the full amount of the loan at the time I had it.

When I complained direct to the bank I got turned down, so I complained to the financial services ombudsman. Took about 8 months but I got a payout in the end once the FSO agreed I had a case.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by scarlet157 scarlet157 wrote:

B]before my Parc y Scarletstops.before my Parc y Scarletstops.

So, you've got a job with a free Scarlets season ticket sounds very good.[

Edited by Eastern outpost - 15 June 2013 at 7:47pm
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
ronit790roy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronit790roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 11:09am
For instance if you're a student or self utilized or maybe a beneficiary, you're not entitled to PPI. However, people who sell these policies won't tell you this and you finish up being a victim of mis-sold PPI.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by ronit790roy ronit790roy wrote:

For instance if you're a student or self utilized or maybe a beneficiary, you're not entitled to PPI. However, people who sell these policies won't tell you this and you finish up being a victim of mis-sold PPI.

The worst cases of missold PPI seen are those folks who were unsuitable the 1st place and would ne'er be ready to claim against the insurance if required.

People who were out of work at the time the PPI was taken out won't be ready to claim, neither can somebody who may be a student. Usually even working part-time would be enough to prevent you from claiming. The vast majority of PPI policies solely pay out after you are made unemployed from a full-time position. If you have been sold-out a policy and you're a student, out of work or work part-time, you'll are missold PPI.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic