Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Praise for Chris Ashton off the pitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2018 at 12:32pm
In the same vein, my English rugby fan friends used to absolutely hate Gareth Thomas, and a couple now feel the same about Sanjay, weirdly - they think he's a dirty, aggro player, which I don't get at all. He's always been one to tackle hard, but the first to check that his opponent's OK and help them to their feet afterwards. Clap

Ironically, Sanjay's biggest critic among my friends is a Quins fan who thinks Mike Brown can do no wrong. LOL

Rob Evans also comes in for a bit of stick for his lippiness, and many seem to be waiting eagerly for Cubby's next misdemeanour, but it was good to seem him check on the Toulon 9 after slamming him (perfectly fairly) into the advertising hoardings on Saturday. HugOuch

Twitterer @ebenezer68
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

a couple now feel the same about Sanjay, weirdly - they think he's a dirty, aggro player, which I don't get at all.

The Irish also despise Sanjay, mostly Ulster fans. I think it stems from when he dropped his shoulder onto Paddy "squeaky clean" Jackson.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2018 at 12:46pm
Ashton has some history of being a bit of a dirty player. Tuilagi's retribution was savage and nearly took Ashton's head off!!!! He is not my cup of tea even if he's good with the kids after games. He's certainly no role model. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

a couple now feel the same about Sanjay, weirdly - they think he's a dirty, aggro player, which I don't get at all.

The Irish also despise Sanjay, mostly Ulster fans. I think it stems from when he dropped his shoulder onto Paddy "squeaky clean" Jackson.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic