Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pre match Players coach arrival Dublin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre match Players coach arrival Dublin
    Posted: 12 April 2018 at 7:08pm
As many of you know since the Toulouse game in 2005 the tradition of welcoming the players off the coach into the stadium has grown and grown each season, win or lose they have created some memorable moments down the years, Leicester Bath Toulon so many excellent atmospheres.

So I think it would be a great idea, with all our banners being specially made, that they maybe get to have their 1st airing for the bois themselves as they arrive at the stadium. This is one of those games where we can really raise it as fans now. There will be plenty of us there. What better way to start the afternoon but for the players to arrive to a wall of Scarlet off the bus.Smile
Sponsored Links

1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 7:20pm
Sounds good speedy. I've no idea where or when so keep me posted on here.
SVD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 7:50pm
Please keep us posted too and we’ll be there!
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 10:53pm
Totally agree . It will help the players as soon as they see all the scarlets supporters there and know that we are behing them from the off. It's not something they get to experience every game and I honestly think that 1 of the reasons we played so well in Bath is because the support got behind the boys and spurred them on . From when they walked passed the boaters pub to see it owned by their supporters to the warm up when we didn't shut up and kept the singing are going. They reacted on the pitch. They've given is this huge oppurtunity and we have to back them to the final now! If all that can be heard in Dublin is us then leinster will.know they are up against it to
coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 11:20pm
Dont the buses drive directly into the Aviva stadium like they do at the Principality stadium?
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 11:54pm
While I am obviously not suggesting doing the nonsense that happened at Anfield with the Man City coach, I did rather enjoy the red smoke. Is that a bit too much for us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0NtLb_ehRY
Scarlets before Wales
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:17am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

While I am obviously not suggesting doing the nonsense that happened at Anfield with the Man City coach, I did rather enjoy the red smoke. Is that a bit too much for us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0NtLb_ehRY
Haha. I mentioned it to the travelling party i am with just for the coach welcome ceremony. But we got a sailor amongst us and i was quickly given the laws on using smoke canisters.

I still want to use one for the coach welcome tho. You wont be able to take them in the stadium tho.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:18am
I agree also, I like many on here are lfc fans, the welcome to the lfc coach was amazing. but the city bus intimidation went way too far.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:20am
Originally posted by coldith coldith wrote:

Dont the buses drive directly into the Aviva stadium like they do at the Principality stadium?

There will obviously be an entrance we can gather at to show our support as they go in on the bus. I am sure one of the staff would share their itinerary with some fans 
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 10:09am
The following taken from Wasps site from previous QF...

Team Welcome - European Quarter Final – 1.45pm Entrance P Aviva Stadium

It’s that time when we ask you to play your part to get players off to the best possible start, by providing an inspirational welcome before they head into battle.

The team arrival is slightly different at the Aviva Stadium as the bus goes underground to the tunnel entrance. 

However, there is a good space to wait and wave your wasps flags which the team will see as they pull in.

Just head to ENTRANCE P alongside TURNSTILE O on Lansdowne Road where there is a pedestrian area for 1.45pm. 

The welcome that Wasps fans gave the squad ahead of the European Semi Final at the Madejski Stadium last season, was one of the highlights of the season. Few players have ever experienced a welcome like it.

The challenge is to create that atmosphere again. We have no doubt our Wasps fans’ will rise to the challenge and be there waving their Wasps flags loud and proud – “Allez Allez Allez…”

http://www.wasps.co.uk/news/article/2017/03/31/team-welcome---european-quarter-final-1.45pm-entrance-p-aviva-stadium

Cymroircarn9 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cymroircarn9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 10:16am
We'll be there. Could someone find out from the club what time they'll arrive?
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 11:13am
I hope people won't be setting of smoke or flares.

I wouldn't think it would go down well with families with small kids.

Leave it with football.
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 11:18am
How on earth did we go from waving flags to setting off flares? Is that something to do with the Liverpool reference?

Only a matter of time before Western Mail will have an article online about the rise of Scarlet Ultras upsetting families...
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 11:19am
Tbh With the amount of songs we sing we dont need smoke....or mirrors. It would spoil peoples view of the players. It was a fleeting thought, but we have more than enough to make a positive impact.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

How on earth did we go from waving flags to setting off flares? Is that something to do with the Liverpool reference?

Only a matter of time before Western Mail will have an article online about the rise of Scarlet Ultras upsetting families...

Check the link Scarlet bear put up. Liverpool fans commonly use flags and smoke to sing songs to welcome their coach into the ground.

A few people put the idea out there, most of us think too much could go wrong. 
ScarletCyclops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletCyclops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 11:56am
At the Boater in Bath, we gave a rousing rendition of Sospan Fach as the players walked by.
That is our style, not the Wendyball way!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic