Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Premier Sports announced as P14 broadcaster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Coverage available in HD through Sky/Virgin

I'm just not seeing that. Not for Premier Sports on Virgin.
Says Freesport will be available through HD on Virgin upgrading over the Summer, but agree it doesn't say that about Premier Stern Smile

It's quite a bold statement that, if not backed up, really questions the credibility of the proposals:

"For the first-time ever it also allows for every game in the Guinness PRO14 to be broadcast live and in High Definition"

Broadcasting every game live and in HD means they will have to sort out the Virgin element. I know they've had a HD presence on Sky for 5 years or so I have no idea why they've never introduced it on Virgin, but if they're having an all out push on the Pro14 they'll have to introduce a new channel (and not just Freesports) for the UK.

Edited by PearlJam - 30 April 2018 at 4:13pm
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Says Freesport will be available through HD on Virgin upgrading over the Summer, but agree it doesn't say that about Premier Stern Smile

It's quite a bold statement that, if not backed up, really questions the credibility of the proposals:

<span style="color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif;">"For the first-time ever it also allows for every game in the Guinness PRO14 to be broadcast live and in High Definition"</span>
<span style="color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif;">
</span>
Broadcasting every game live and in HD means they will have to sort out the Virgin element. I know they've had a HD presence on Sky for 5 years or so I have no idea why they've never introduced it on Virgin, but if they're having an all out push on the Pro14 they'll have to introduce a new channel (and not just Freesports) for the UK.

Technically the statement is right though. Every game will be in HD either on skytv or through their app.

They just forgot to mention that you can't get it in HD if your a cable tv customer.

I won't be subscribing.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

<span style="color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif;">"For the first-time ever it also allows for every game in the Guinness PRO14 to be broadcast live and in High Definition"</span>
<span style="color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif;">
</span>

Technically the statement is right though. Every game will be in HD either on skytv or through their app.

They just forgot to mention that you can't get it in HD if your a cable tv customer.

I won't be subscribing.

"Every game available on HD! But not if you're a Virgin customer, you second class peasant"

Sky Sports costs me £15 a month, if I get to see all of our games in HD, I'll cancel that an go Premier Sports for a tenner. But if the quality is akin to watching the 1984 Sarajevo winter Olympics on a black and white portable TV in an underground bunker (i.e. SD) I'm not interested.
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 4:35pm
I’ll try to haggle nearer the beginning of the season.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

option for a  £100 for year subscription. wonder if that will be the same for pubs?

£100 month for a pub/club, £1,000 for a year offer
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I’ll try to haggle nearer the beginning of the season.

TBH after the Dragons game now's your best time.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 6:48pm
From £11m to £30m in 3 years is superb in fairness. It’s still a way off the deals of the French and English but still, it’s over £2m per club now. Makes a huge difference.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

From £11m to £30m in 3 years is superb in fairness. It’s still a way off the deals of the French and English but still, it’s over £2m per club now. Makes a huge difference.

Just on that, is it definitely £30million a season and is it split equally (as I read about separate Irelandand SA deals)
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 9:46pm
Great to have more money coming into the league. But will have quite a variation on kick off times as they state will be able to watch all games live

Q: Which games will be on which channels?
A: All the games in the United Kingdom will be shown live in HD with Premier Sports screening six games per round and FreeSports broadcasting a ‘Showcase’ fixture. The exact scheduling will be confirmed in due course, but it will enable viewers to watch every game live
Read more at https://www.pro14rugby.org/2018/04/30/broadcastqa/#WzEkJ3KDg0GERqZK.99
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 10:08pm
Red button option?
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 8:56am
I've never had Sky, partly because they pull all sort of stunts like splitting the 'good stuff' across several channels and make you pay for each one - which is ridiculously expensive - but mainly because Murdoch is a sort of Bond villain, interfering in politics and manipulating governments to ensure his companies can increase their profits. (I've always assumed that the Elliot Carver character portrayed by Jonathan Pryce in scenery-chewing mode in 'Tomorrow never dies' was meant as a parody of Murdoch!)

Now, if Premier is offering all pro-14 games for £100 a season, that's something I might well sign up for - does anyone know how it will be 'delivered', though? Set-top box? Streaming? I'll decide, once the technical details become clearer.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:33am
Hope matches can be watched on PC maybe signed their pack offer...
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I've never had Sky, partly because they pull all sort of stunts like splitting the 'good stuff' across several channels and make you pay for each one - which is ridiculously expensive - but mainly because Murdoch is a sort of Bond villain, interfering in politics and manipulating governments to ensure his companies can increase their profits. (I've always assumed that the Elliot Carver character portrayed by Jonathan Pryce in scenery-chewing mode in 'Tomorrow never dies' was meant as a parody of Murdoch!)

Now, if Premier is offering all pro-14 games for £100 a season, that's something I might well sign up for - does anyone know how it will be 'delivered', though? Set-top box? Streaming? I'll decide, once the technical details become clearer.
Yes but you'd need either a Sky or Virgin box, not available on BT.
Can live stream through their website and it says you can use devices like Chromecast to stream the channel to your TV.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

Just on that, is it definitely £30million a season and is it split equally (as I read about separate Irelandand SA deals)
Not a clue on that sorry.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:05am

Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

Not a clue on that sorry.
It is £30m a season, i have no idea how it splits though. 

I remember something relating to the S.African TV deal where they kept maybe half the money and the other £3.5m went to the other 12 teams. I'm not sure what happens now with this PremierSport deal if the S.African teams now get some of the split themselves or not.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Via your set top box plus via app or online. Watch both the same time I believe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic